Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Showtime Triple Header

boxalettice 's Photo boxalettice 22 Apr 2018

Broner won but I'm okay with a draw

9secondko's Photo 9secondko 22 Apr 2018

Just got around to watching these.

Two things:

1) Vargas looked rusty. What's up with that? Broner looked decent once he realized Vargas wasn't in it to win it.

2) Something was really off with Khan's opponent. The guy looked like someone just murdered his puppy or something during the introductions. Like he was crying in the ring.

Then he held the left straight out numerous times as if to welcome a right hand. Very strange.

Matchroom then talking about Khan vs Broner? Seems like Khan needs to fight a live body first and Broner has unfinished business with Vargas.

9secondko, on 22 April 2018 - 01:28 AM, said:

Just got around to watching these.

Two things:

1) Vargas looked rusty. What's up with that? Broner looked decent once he realized Vargas wasn't in it to win it.

2) Something was really off with Khan's opponent. The guy looked like someone just murdered his puppy or something during the introductions. Like he was crying in the ring.

Then he held the left straight out numerous times as if to welcome a right hand. Very strange.

Matchroom then talking about Khan vs Broner? Seems like Khan needs to fight a live body first and Broner has unfinished business with Vargas.
Broner vs Khan is good

9secondko's Photo 9secondko 22 Apr 2018

boxalettice, on 22 April 2018 - 02:06 AM, said:

Broner vs Khan is good

Nah.

Id take the rematch before that. \\\

Khan just had a fixed fight.

Give him a live body first.

9secondko, on 22 April 2018 - 10:45 PM, said:

Nah.

Yeah Khan would out box Broner in a long boring fight. To tall and long

9secondko, on 22 April 2018 - 10:45 PM, said:

Nah.

Jesse punch output was big but he really didn't land much. BRONER beat his face bloody and landed with better punches Vargas lost

RickS's Photo RickS 23 Apr 2018

ATLien, on 20 April 2018 - 04:09 PM, said:

No need to.  Just give him a couple of years and that's exactly what he'll be.

hehehehehehehehehe

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 23 Apr 2018

Shaun Michaels, on 21 April 2018 - 10:37 PM, said:

Vargas had the right gameplan early on, but he gassed out in the 2nd half. I think Broner edged it. It shows how mediocre Vargas is, even against a washed up and overweight Broner. I like Jesse, he's a local Vegas guy I know him from Tocco's gym here in town, but he lost that fight. Funny post fight interview by AB, dude is funny AF.
I thought the draw was fair. Jesse won the first 6 and Andrien took the rest. Vargas does need better conditioning.

boxalettice, on 22 April 2018 - 11:34 PM, said:

Yeah Khan would out box Broner in a long boring fight. To tall and long

If Broner keeps Cunningham and stays out of trouble, he'll take Khan.  Must start faster though.

johnnyblaze, on 23 April 2018 - 10:57 AM, said:

I thought the draw was fair. Jesse won the first 6 and Andrien took the rest. Vargas does need better conditioning.

Yes.  I thought it would come down to the last round, which neither guy seemed to want...until the last 20 seconds or so.  Draw was ok though.  I;m surprised Vargas's body attack didn't pay any dividends though. It seemed to have the opposite effect on Broner.

I had to laugh at the way Cunningham said between several rounds, "The Problem is, you're not doing this or that..."

Shaun Michaels's Photo Shaun Michaels 23 Apr 2018

johnnyblaze, on 23 April 2018 - 10:57 AM, said:

he was fighing at a pace early on like he never has before, I didn't think he'd be able to sustain it

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 23 Apr 2018

Shaun Michaels, on 23 April 2018 - 11:38 AM, said:

he was fighing at a pace early on like he never has before, I didn't think he'd be able to sustain it
I thought maybe he was on that Mayweather Gym program but he ran out of gas way too early for that to be the case.

9secondko's Photo 9secondko 23 Apr 2018

RickS, on 23 April 2018 - 11:10 AM, said:

If Broner keeps Cunningham and stays out of trouble, he'll take Khan.  Must start faster though.

I think I agree.

Broner seemed like he was in a loser mentality for a while. When Vargas didnt really bring the heat, it was like a reset button for Adrien. He believed he could win and he tried to.

I believe he put the work in during camp. But the true test is always the mentality during the live action.

Broner is back in the mix of all the B level fighters like khan, etc.