←  The Lounge

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Man Buys $27 Of Bitcoin, Forgets Abou...

The Akbar One's Photo The Akbar One 07 Aug 2018

bazooka, on 07 August 2018 - 07:25 AM, said:

Dwyer's latest on crypto.  Pretty interesting news.
https://www.youtube....h?v=2rd-eqCzt3I

Interesting.

Willikn's Photo Willikn 07 Aug 2018

Dwyer selling that Dash.

What he didn't know, because it was just announced a few hours ago, the SEC has delayed their decision on the new ETF until Sept 30th.  

In my opinion that is a good thing.  If they wanted to just say no, they'd have said "no".  It seems a "yes" is coming.  Just a delay.  They aren't going to tell the owner of the NYSE, "No".  The market doesn't share my opinion.  Bitcoin dropped $400 immediately after the announcement.

The Akbar One's Photo The Akbar One 07 Aug 2018

Willikn, on 07 August 2018 - 05:53 PM, said:

Dwyer selling that Dash.

What he didn't know, because it was just announced a few hours ago, the SEC has delayed their decision on the new ETF until Sept 30th.  

In my opinion that is a good thing.  If they wanted to just say no, they'd have said "no".  it seems a "yes" is coming.  Just a delay.  They aren't going to tell the owner of the NYSE, "No".  The market doesn't share my opinion.  Bitcoin dropped $400 immediately after the announcement.

Agree regarding the pushing back the date.  There will probably be some bargain basement prices leading between now and then.

Willikn's Photo Willikn 08 Aug 2018

The Akbar One, on 07 August 2018 - 11:34 PM, said:

Agree regarding the pushing back the date.  There will probably be some bargain basement prices leading between now and then.

Something has changed at Coinbase.  The "buy" fee using a bank account to fund has dropped under 1% (barely).  Last time I checked it, maybe a week ago?  It was 1.49%.

NEO has tanked under $23 a unit.  It just doesn't make sense.  Gas is at $7 a unit.

Willikn's Photo Willikn 10 Aug 2018

This last month of trying to get a handle on the crypto stuff has sent my brain traveling in many circles.  A lot of moving about but little progress.

There is one thing I have learned with complete certainty.  Do not listen to what people say.  Adhere only to what they do, especially if it is in direct contrast to what they say.  Bill Gates recently said, "I'd short Bitcoin if there was a way.".   Well.. there is a way and has been, so WTF?  Meanwhile Microsoft partners with ICE and Starbucks (among many others) to form a new company built to thrive off of Bitcoin as a payment system and investment.

So Bill, why would Microsoft be part of this mane?  Why be party to something that you see as dog shit?  Maybe need to sling as much mud as possible to drop the price until November?

The below was pulled from, "Nasdaq" but is available on Forbes, Fortune and dozens of other places.

NASDAQ, on 08 August 2018 - 09:02 AM, said:

Intercontinental Exchange (ICE) said that it plans to form a new company, Bakkt, which intends to leverage Microsoft cloud solutions to create an open and regulated, global ecosystem for digital assets. The new company is working with a marquee group of organizations including BCG, Microsoft, Starbucks, and others, to create an integrated platform that enables consumers and institutions to buy, sell, store and spend digital assets on a seamless global network.

The Bakkt ecosystem is expected to include federally regulated markets and warehousing along with merchant and consumer applications. Its first use cases will be for trading and conversion of Bitcoin versus fiat currencies, as Bitcoin is today the most liquid digital currency. The effort is designed to address evolving needs in the estimated $270 billion digital asset marketplace.

Applications for digital currencies continue to develop alongside regulatory frameworks and rising investment in blockchain technology which, halfway through 2018, has already exceeded all of 2017, according to KPMG. By leveraging trusted market infrastructure, Bakkt is being engineered to help the digital asset markets evolve securely and efficiently while supporting transaction flows.

As an initial component of the Bakkt offering, Intercontinental Exchange's U.S.-based futures exchange and clearing house plan to launch a 1-day physically delivered Bitcoin contract along with physical warehousing in November 2018, subject to CFTC review and approval. These regulated venues will establish new protocols for managing the specific security and settlement requirements of digital currencies. In addition, the clearing house plans to create a separate guarantee fund that will be funded by Bakkt.

In addition to Intercontinental Exchange and M12, Microsoft's venture capital arm, investors in Bakkt are expected to include, among others, an affiliate of Fortress Investment Group, Eagle Seven, Galaxy Digital, Horizons Ventures, Alan Howard, Pantera Capital, Protocol Ventures, and Susquehanna International Group, LLP.

Bakkt is currently in preparation for launch and further operational details will be announced in the coming weeks.

Trying to capture answers to my questions hasn't been easy.  This link was really useful.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Myths

bazooka's Photo bazooka 10 Aug 2018

their actions show what's inevitable

A company is under construction that requires Bitcoin.  Microsoft and Starbucks are not only primary investors, this project is public information.  The company goes live in November of this year.  For giants like this to get together on a project, how long have they been working on this?  Not months.. right?

So, we know Bill Gates is completely full of sh!t when he said this..
https://www.cnbc.com...if-i-could.html

The next day this billionaire told Bill he could short Bitcoin.  It isn't complicated.  Put up or shut up.
https://www.cnbc.com...rt-bitcoin.html

Funny to me that we trust these guys to give us advice.  Guys like Bill and Warren Buffett.  They aren't telling you things for the greater good.  They tell you what they want you to know, or think.

Willikn's Photo Willikn 05 Sep 2018

bazooka, on 05 September 2018 - 10:12 AM, said:

Currency Crises Are Driving Nations to Crypto

Folks in these nations with income and/or savings to protect would be pleased to grab some USD if they could.  They just can't.  This is the next best thing.

In cases like this (IMO), the strength of the USD is what backs crypto because crypto is the only way these folks can bank USDs.

You will hear Bitcoin evangelist types claiming that BTC will replace the USD eventually.  Maybe, but not in our lifetimes.  Rather I think it like a vehicle for other countries to work off of the USD instead of their own corrupt governments/banks.  Extrapolate further, once a place like Venezuela has a sound mechanism for commerce, they can begin to attract industries to sell there.  Industries begin to sell there, jobs are created, the chain reaction circles back and feeds itself.

If I understand right, the "Dash" app comes pre-installed on every cell phone sold in Venezuela.  Most of South America.  A very recent development.

Willikn's Photo Willikn 05 Sep 2018

Willikn, on 05 September 2018 - 10:47 AM, said:

If I understand right, the "Dash" app comes pre-installed on every cell phone sold in Venezuela.  Most of South America.  A very recent development.

Here it is.  Aug 28th.  Dwyer's next video will be drooling over this.

https://www.chepicap...y-over-20-.html

The Akbar One's Photo The Akbar One 09 Sep 2018

He's shilling Dash, but there are a ton that will potentially valuate by greater percentages.  It's easier for something to go from 1 cent to a dollar than it is for something to go from 200 to 20,000.

Willikn's Photo Willikn 09 Sep 2018

The Akbar One, on 09 September 2018 - 03:32 PM, said:

He's shilling Dash, but there are a ton that will potentially valuate by greater percentages.  It's easier for something to go from 1 cent to a dollar than it is for something to go from 200 to 20,000.

Dash has a lower mintage than Bitcoin so the price per unit is misleading.

Dash is 755x the price of XRP.  XRP has over $10 billion market cap to Dash's 1.7.

ETH keeps "printing" more coins which impacts the price, or rather the value of what people purchased.  Now THAT does matter.  Dash has passed up ETH in price per coin.  I'm pretty sure that's a "first" despite both existing for the same amount of time.