←  The Lounge

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Dog Pound Book Readers

Sugar_Dean_Cuntly's Photo Sugar_Dean_Cuntly 13 Apr 2018

I'm naively hoping that I'll get to do more reading when the kid is born. It's a hobby that can be easily picked up and put down.

Let's see how that works out :lol:

boxalettice 's Photo boxalettice 15 Apr 2018

Real Magic by Dean Radin is a good read

Bondok's Photo Bondok 15 Apr 2018

"Donkey love" by Raya Donkejandro

True Fist's Photo True Fist 18 Apr 2018

I finished the Robot series by Asimov, and it was a great ride! The characters he created have such a lasting effect, I wished that it would just keep on going. I started his Galactic Empire series, but so far I'm not finding a connection to the universe set in the Foundation/Robot series.

True Fist's Photo True Fist 22 Apr 2018

I'm re-reading Boneshaker by Cherie Priest. I came across it years ago when I was reading a bunch of zombie novels. This one is unique in it's setting, Seattle, Washington, Civil War era, and it's genre is steampunk. The book caught my attention initially because it's ink was in monochrome. I decided to read it again because I saw that there were more books out in this series since the time I first read it.

So far so good like I remember. It's been quite a while so the details are new again. I do like this steampunk world that the writer created so I anticipate good stuff in the next books of the series. The walking dead is done in a clever way as a result of a gas vein in the Earth, released from an accident.

True Fist's Photo True Fist 15 May 2018

My buddy started reading I, Robot, so I picked it up too. It's pretty good so far and functions a bit as short stories. Nothing like the movie of is namesake just yet. Unless that story comes later.

delroy02's Photo delroy02 15 May 2018

Read them a while back but I recommend Apocalypse Now Now and Kill Baxter by Charlie Human

ReggieJay's Photo ReggieJay 16 May 2018

View PostTrue Fist, on 15 May 2018 - 08:27 AM, said:

My buddy started reading I, Robot, so I picked it up too. It's pretty good so far and functions a bit as short stories. Nothing like the movie of is namesake just yet. Unless that story comes later.

The I, Robot stories are like puzzles combined with tiny thought experiments. They hold up, even 70 years after they were written IMO. Nothing like the movie, though.

True Fist's Photo True Fist 16 May 2018

ReggieJay, on 16 May 2018 - 05:55 AM, said:

The I, Robot stories are like puzzles combined with tiny thought experiments. They hold up, even 70 years after they were written IMO. Nothing like the movie, though.

It's really good, and yep nothing like the movie. There were bits taken from some of the stories to make the film, like the Little Lost Rabbit story, even as bit from The Naked Sun, where Elijah Bailey is investigating the murder of a Spacer on Solaria. Great stuff. I wish they'd do a big budget TV series on a true adaption of Asimov's work. I already have casting in mind. :lol: