←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Ggg-canelo

chewbie's Photo chewbie 30 Sep 2018

View PostWhenWeWereKings, on 30 September 2018 - 11:58 AM, said:

I watched again and still feel GGG won but it was tight. There’s no need for outrage over it.
I can honestly say that if he has gotten the win or it was a draw I’d feel no differently about it. Great fight. Super competitive and tough to call.

rayajr's Photo rayajr 30 Sep 2018

View Post9secondko, on 30 September 2018 - 02:40 AM, said:

Corruption should pain anyone.
Real corruption is bad. Fake outrage and overly sensitive individuals is pretty fucked up too though.  Lol.

boxalettice 's Photo boxalettice 30 Sep 2018

View Post9secondko, on 30 September 2018 - 02:40 AM, said:

Corruption should pain anyone.
If Triple G won via Corruption you would be a huge fan. Sorry it don't work that way. But you can watch Floyd school Manny again

rayajr's Photo rayajr 30 Sep 2018

View Postboxalettice, on 30 September 2018 - 01:32 PM, said:

If Triple G won via Corruption you would be a huge fan. Sorry it don't work that way. But you can watch Floyd school Manny again
Hells ya.

DePonce's Photo DePonce 30 Sep 2018

View Postatruesoutherngentleman, on 30 September 2018 - 07:18 AM, said:

The problem for Gennady, as I saw it, is that across two fights the majority of the rounds felt like they were fought at Canelo’s pace.

A couple points that stood out to me: Canelo went to the ropes, Gennady didn’t put him there - Roy

Gennady seems unwilling to stick his nose in there - Max

(paraphrasing) they alluded to this in the rematch as well

In essence, at least to me, Gennady didn’t “dare to be great” as they say...

I know that may sound odd but he really needed to show up and do something different given the opponent in front of him.

In a sense, he fought like he was afraid. He refused to go to the body, his punches selection left something to be desired, he was leery of the counters (speed), and he was tight and defensive in both fights. Meaning, he was overly aware of the speed and counters of his opponent.

His jab output proves this in a sense because it’s the only punch he let go freely and in high volume.

Basically, it was his intention to win both fights on points, in my estimation. The rematch even more so.

Therefore, he needed to show up and look like some version of the guy who was rolling through those lesser opponents. He could not afford to look ordinary, especially given the build up of his image and the outcome of both fights proves this.

He and his team talked too much about Mexican style and wanting or going to knock out Canelo. Roy and Andre especially stood by this on the rematch.

The first fight for me was a draw. The rematch was Canelo’s. He stepped to Gennady, he was called out to do so. Gennady should’ve stood in based on his words.

Maybe the outcome would’ve been different.
Well said.  

I watched it a couple more times, close fight but the right person won it.