←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Dillian Whyte To Face King Kong Ortiz

9secondko's Photo 9secondko 28 Apr 2018

View PostMenty, on 28 April 2018 - 09:38 AM, said:



Disagree - Ortiz almost beat Wilder who is shit, so should make easy work of Joshua’s leftovers, and if he doesn’t then he’ll be exposed as even shitter than everyone thinks he is.

Disagree. Ortiz was the most dangerous fighter available and many thought he would beat wilder. If he “almost beat” Deontae because he hurt him, then Whyte almost beat Joshua because he hurt him. You say wilder is nothing but he has your boy doing backflips to avoid him. And you talk about Joshua’s leftovers but cover that Ortiz is wilders leftovers.
So no. He merely needs to beat Whyte somewhere near the level that Joshua beat him in order to be seen as impressive. If Joshua got the credit, then so does Ortiz.
Quote

WhenWeWereKings's Photo WhenWeWereKings 28 Apr 2018

9sec, explain to me how Ortiz, who’s nearly 40 and beaten one ranked heavyweight, was the most dangerous available.
Quote

Menty's Photo Menty 28 Apr 2018

View Post9secondko, on 28 April 2018 - 12:26 PM, said:



Disagree. Ortiz was the most dangerous fighter available and many thought he would beat wilder. If he “almost beat” Deontae because he hurt him, then Whyte almost beat Joshua because he hurt him. You say wilder is nothing but he has your boy doing backflips to avoid him. And you talk about Joshua’s leftovers but cover that Ortiz is wilders leftovers.
So no. He merely needs to beat Whyte somewhere near the level that Joshua beat him in order to be seen as impressive. If Joshua got the credit, then so does Ortiz.

Whyte landed a decent left hook and momentarily staggered the amateurish joshua in the second round, and that was about it. Joshua taking 7 rounds to beat such a lowly ranked fighter at the time wasn’t impressive at all. On the other hand 50 year old ortiz was outboxing and repeatedly rocked wilder to his boots in several rounds. The point is joshua isn’t particularly good, but ortiz is terrible and whyte even shitter. Nothing less than an early and brutal ko of whyte at the hands of ortiz will be acceptable.
Quote

El Juan's Photo El Juan 28 Apr 2018

View Post9secondko, on 28 April 2018 - 12:26 PM, said:



Disagree. Ortiz was the most dangerous fighter available and many thought he would beat wilder. If he “almost beat” Deontae because he hurt him, then Whyte almost beat Joshua because he hurt him. You say wilder is nothing but he has your boy doing backflips to avoid him. And you talk about Joshua’s leftovers but cover that Ortiz is wilders leftovers.
So no. He merely needs to beat Whyte somewhere near the level that Joshua beat him in order to be seen as impressive. If Joshua got the credit, then so does Ortiz.

Using his logic, Joshua has 2 losses.
Quote

El Juan's Photo El Juan 28 Apr 2018

View PostWhenWeWereKings, on 28 April 2018 - 02:13 PM, said:

9sec, explain to me how Ortiz, who’s nearly 40 and beaten one ranked heavyweight, was the most dangerous available.

Who was more dangerous to KO their opponent? Explain to me who had been dominating their opponents more than Ortiz?
Quote

WhenWeWereKings's Photo WhenWeWereKings 28 Apr 2018

View PostEl Juan, on 28 April 2018 - 03:42 PM, said:



Who was more dangerous to KO their opponent? Explain to me who had been dominating their opponents more than Ortiz?
Who has he been fighting? It’s easy to look like a killer when you’re fighting average fighters. Ask Jeff Lacy.
Quote

El Juan's Photo El Juan 28 Apr 2018

View PostWhenWeWereKings, on 28 April 2018 - 05:08 PM, said:

Who has he been fighting? It’s easy to look like a killer when you’re fighting average fighters. Ask Jeff Lacy.

The heavyweight division isn’t filled with dangerous guys to the extent other divisions are.

What heavyweight available is more dangerous than Ortiz?
Quote

WhenWeWereKings's Photo WhenWeWereKings 28 Apr 2018

View PostEl Juan, on 28 April 2018 - 05:21 PM, said:



The heavyweight division isn’t filled with dangerous guys to the extent other divisions are.

What heavyweight available is more dangerous than Ortiz?
They’re all dangerous. Ortiz is solid, don’t get me wrong. I’m not saying he’s crap. I just don’t know how he got this mystique that he’s a killer.
Quote

El Juan's Photo El Juan 28 Apr 2018

View PostWhenWeWereKings, on 28 April 2018 - 05:30 PM, said:

They’re all dangerous. Ortiz is solid, don’t get me wrong. I’m not saying he’s crap. I just don’t know how he got this mystique that he’s a killer.

So who is on his level that’s available?
Quote

WhenWeWereKings's Photo WhenWeWereKings 28 Apr 2018

View PostEl Juan, on 28 April 2018 - 05:58 PM, said:



So who is on his level that’s available?
Available for when?
Quote

El Juan's Photo El Juan 28 Apr 2018

View PostWhenWeWereKings, on 28 April 2018 - 06:17 PM, said:

Available for when?

That could have fought Whyte?
Quote

boxalettice 's Photo boxalettice 28 Apr 2018

View PostEl Juan, on 28 April 2018 - 07:13 PM, said:



That could have fought Whyte?
There's always a eastern European I'm sure Russians have plenty of talent
Quote

9secondko's Photo 9secondko 29 Apr 2018

View PostMenty, on 28 April 2018 - 03:09 PM, said:



Whyte landed a decent left hook and momentarily staggered the amateurish joshua in the second round, and that was about it. Joshua taking 7 rounds to beat such a lowly ranked fighter at the time wasn’t impressive at all. On the other hand 50 year old ortiz was outboxing and repeatedly rocked wilder to his boots in several rounds. The point is joshua isn’t particularly good, but ortiz is terrible and whyte even shitter. Nothing less than an early and brutal ko of whyte at the hands of ortiz will be acceptable.

Incorrect. Ortiz (who was an excellent top fighter) did not repeatedly do anything. He had one big moment and because he’s a puncher with excellent finishing skills, he tried to make the most of it. Instead, wilder cane on and impressively stopped him.

So since you pretend that Ortiz is horrible while holding Joshua in high regard, it’s logical that Ortiz merely needs to have a similar performance against the common opponent to be regarded highly. But if he wins more impressively, the. As far as this opponent is concerned, Ortiz must be thought of as better than Joshua.
Quote

Menty's Photo Menty 29 Apr 2018

View Post9secondko, on 29 April 2018 - 04:48 AM, said:



Incorrect. Ortiz (who was an excellent top fighter) did not repeatedly do anything. He had one big moment and because he’s a puncher with excellent finishing skills, he tried to make the most of it. Instead, wilder cane on and impressively stopped him.

So since you pretend that Ortiz is horrible while holding Joshua in high regard, it’s logical that Ortiz merely needs to have a similar performance against the common opponent to be regarded highly. But if he wins more impressively, the. As far as this opponent is concerned, Ortiz must be thought of as better than Joshua.

Firstly I don’t hold ‘Joshua in high regard’ it’s just that so far he’s proven himself the best of an average bunch of heavyweights by fighting and beating almost half of the top ten ranked fighters. On the other hand in the only fight he’s had against a top ten fighter, Wilder struggled against a fat, 50 year old drug cheat who’d fought just once in 15 months.

Secondly, pretty much every independent commentator had Ortiz ahead of Wilder at the time of the stoppage: USA Today, LA Times, New York Times, BBC, Forbes, Sporting News, Telegraph, Independent, ESPN, Badlefthook,  etc etc. so if Ortiz can pummel the ‘best American heavyweight since Ali’ for nine rounds then it’s common sense that he will walk through Joshua’s leftovers (Whyte) in a couple of rounds - unless of course Ortiz is just shit.
Quote