←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Floyd Ducked Amir Khan

Raghavan1's Photo Raghavan1 26 Jun 2018

This would have been a great fight right after the Alvarez fight. I think Floyd also ran a poll in his website asking fans to vote to pick his next opponent which Khan won. But Floyd still chose Maidana whom Khan had beat earlier.

So Floyd ducked the speedster and picked the brawler knowing Maidana would be in front of him all night open to counters. Financially too, Khan would be the better choice seeing the British fans he has compared to Maidana.

Floyd picked Maidana with this quote.... "Marcos Maidana's last performance immediately brought him to my attention. He is an extremely skilled fighter who brings knockout danger to the ring. I think this is a great fight for me and he deserves the opportunity to see if he can do what 45 others have tried to do before him – beat me."

Maidana was a 12-to-1 underdog going into the fight.

We can even set aside the fact that he chose Berto for his last fight, but seeing the above facts I gotta say Floyd blatantly ducked Khan.

Sugar_Dean_Cuntly's Photo Sugar_Dean_Cuntly 26 Jun 2018

Pbf ko4

BoxingFan's Photo BoxingFan 26 Jun 2018

Raghavan1, on 26 June 2018 - 07:28 AM, said:

This would have been a great fight right after the Alvarez fight. I think Floyd also ran a poll in his website asking fans to vote to pick his next opponent which Khan won. But Floyd still chose Maidana whom Khan had beat earlier.

So Floyd ducked the speedster and picked the brawler knowing Maidana would be in front of him all night open to counters. Financially too, Khan would be the better choice seeing the British fans he has compared to Maidana.

Floyd picked Maidana with this quote.... "Marcos Maidana's last performance immediately brought him to my attention. He is an extremely skilled fighter who brings knockout danger to the ring. I think this is a great fight for me and he deserves the opportunity to see if he can do what 45 others have tried to do before him – beat me."

We can even set aside the fact that he chose Berto for his last fight, but seeing the above facts I gotta say Floyd blatantly ducked Khan.

Thanks for the timely update.

chewbie's Photo chewbie 26 Jun 2018

BoxingFan, on 26 June 2018 - 10:26 AM, said:

:lol:

Jack Tripper's Photo Jack Tripper 26 Jun 2018

:lol:

boxalettice 's Photo boxalettice 26 Jun 2018

Raghavan1, on 26 June 2018 - 07:28 AM, said:

Floyd picked Maidana with this quote.... "Marcos Maidana's last performance immediately brought him to my attention. He is an extremely skilled fighter who brings knockout danger to the ring. I think this is a great fight for me and he deserves the opportunity to see if he can do what 45 others have tried to do before him beat me."

That fight would be a stinker anyways

9secondko's Photo 9secondko 26 Jun 2018

Amir khan would have made Floyd look like Tyson

Raghavan1's Photo Raghavan1 27 Jun 2018

9secondko, on 26 June 2018 - 08:39 PM, said:

If Khan was so easy, why did he choose Maidana(2x) and Berto instead of Khan??

BoxingFan's Photo BoxingFan 27 Jun 2018

Raghavan1, on 27 June 2018 - 03:02 AM, said:

If Khan was so easy, why did he choose Maidana(2x) and Berto instead of Khan??

Quack Quack.

Raghavan1's Photo Raghavan1 27 Jun 2018

BoxingFan, on 27 June 2018 - 05:21 AM, said:

Quack Quack.
Exactly!

RickS's Photo RickS 27 Jun 2018

lol

bazooka's Photo bazooka 28 Jun 2018

9secondko, on 26 June 2018 - 08:39 PM, said:

Amir Khan would have frustrated Floyd Mayweather until Floyd bit his ear off?

boxalettice 's Photo boxalettice 28 Jun 2018

bazooka, on 28 June 2018 - 03:40 PM, said:

It would be a classic sleeper like most of Floyds boring fights

rayajr's Photo rayajr 29 Jun 2018

bazooka, on 28 June 2018 - 03:40 PM, said:

It was the headbutts and no one should have to go home to their children like that.

bazooka's Photo bazooka 29 Jun 2018

rayajr, on 29 June 2018 - 12:03 PM, said:

It was the headbutts and no one should have to go home to their children like that.
Frustrated.  Because he got KTFO in their first fight, and was getting beat again in the rematch. Mike doesn't likely respond to the butts with ear biting if Mr. Fields wasn't already in his head for beating him up in the ring.