←  The Lounge

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

A Boxing Website / Forum Has Been Shut Dow...

Jack Tripper's Photo Jack Tripper Today, 09:45 AM

View PostEl Juan, on 20 May 2018 - 09:42 AM, said:

I never suggested Jesus wore a coat and tie. Iím wondering why you are criticizing church goers for dressing up though? Since when is it a negative to attempt to look nice at organized functions?

I do find it silly that pastors try to look trendy. Thatís takes even more effort than putting on a suit and tie.
I didnít say anything was wrong with it.

Just saying Calvary takes a more authentic approach to the faith. They're trying to appeal to everyone, theyíre trying to be welcoming. You know, true Christian values.

El Juan's Photo El Juan Today, 09:47 AM

View PostJack Tripper, on 20 May 2018 - 09:45 AM, said:

I didnít say anything was wrong with it.

Just saying Calvary takes a more authentic approach to the faith. They're trying to appeal to everyone, theyíre trying to be welcoming. You know, true Christian values.

Whatís authentic? Because changing your ways unto the world is not what the Bible says to do.

Jack Tripper's Photo Jack Tripper Today, 09:47 AM

View PostEl Juan, on 20 May 2018 - 09:43 AM, said:

Scientists have no clue when they world began. Unless you have a written date somewhere then you need to shut up.
How can you say that? You donít even science, bro.

Anywho the information is all available online.

Jack Tripper's Photo Jack Tripper Today, 09:48 AM

View PostEl Juan, on 20 May 2018 - 09:47 AM, said:

Whatís authentic? Because changing your ways unto the world is not what the Bible says to do.
Is that what Jesus told poor people that came in whatever clothes they had?

Authentic is to ďcome as you areĒ. Not dressing down, not dressing up, dressing as the real you.

El Juan's Photo El Juan Today, 10:18 AM

View PostJack Tripper, on 20 May 2018 - 09:48 AM, said:

Is that what Jesus told poor people that came in whatever clothes they had?

Authentic is to ďcome as you areĒ. Not dressing down, not dressing up, dressing as the real you.

So the real you is trendy? Where everyone has the same style? Cause thatís what I was referring to.

Jack Tripper's Photo Jack Tripper Today, 10:32 AM

View PostEl Juan, on 20 May 2018 - 10:18 AM, said:

So the real you is trendy? Where everyone has the same style? Cause thatís what I was referring to.
The real me is the real me. It doesnít have to be anything. You brought up trendy. Thatís your assumption about people. Iím saying come as you are, whatever that is.

True Christians colors coming through right now. Youíre getting all worked up over how another denomination does things. Thatís sad. Is that what god wants for you? Hate? Negativity?

Here I am an atheist expressing foundness for the church I grew up in, and you come in throwing shade at its philosophy :lol:

WhenWeWereKings's Photo WhenWeWereKings Today, 11:46 AM

View PostEl Juan, on 20 May 2018 - 09:42 AM, said:

No proof Jesus existed?

View PostEl Juan, on 20 May 2018 - 09:10 AM, said:

Inspired by God.

God.  You said God. Try and keep up.

El Juan's Photo El Juan Today, 12:04 PM

Jack Tripper, on 20 May 2018 - 10:32 AM, said:

The real me is the real me. It doesnít have to be anything. You brought up trendy. Thatís your assumption about people. Iím saying come as you are, whatever that is.

True Christians colors coming through right now. Youíre getting all worked up over how another denomination does things. Thatís sad. Is that what god wants for you? Hate? Negativity?

Here I am an atheist expressing foundness for the church I grew up in, and you come in throwing shade at its philosophy :lol:/>

Iím not worked up lol. More of my friends donít even go to church, and the ones that do go to places like that. I just donít agree with the philosophy of being like the world.

El Juan's Photo El Juan Today, 12:05 PM

WhenWeWereKings, on 20 May 2018 - 11:46 AM, said:

God.  You said God. Try and keep up.

Jesus is God.

Jack Tripper's Photo Jack Tripper Today, 12:13 PM

El Juan, on 20 May 2018 - 12:04 PM, said:

Iím not worked up lol. Moran of my friends donít even go to church, and the ones that do go to places like that. I just donít agree with the philosophy of being like the world.
So you donít agree with Jesus?

El Juan's Photo El Juan Today, 12:14 PM

Jack Tripper, on 20 May 2018 - 12:13 PM, said:

So you donít agree with Jesus?

Romans 12:2 King James Version (KJV)

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

1 John 2:15 King James Version (KJV)

Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.