←  U.K. Lounge

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

That Tower Block Fire

BoxingFan's Photo BoxingFan 22 Jun 2017

hitman_hatton1, on 22 June 2017 - 10:01 AM, said:

is a lot of bitterness out there.

It's the nonces in Kensington that get me the most.

"Oh we work hard, so deserve nicer houses."  Fuck off.  Because only rich people work hard. :rolleyes:

"They don't pay enough money......."   They've just lost their homes, their possessions, some of them have lost loves ones.  The price they pay seems high to me.

Wankers.

stevieb_8006's Photo stevieb_8006 22 Jun 2017

Sugar_Dean_Cuntly, on 21 June 2017 - 10:38 AM, said:

It's not the not moving, it's the not visiting. It's utterly ridiculous if you had plans to visit London and then changed them because 8(?) People got killed by some bellends
to be fair NOTHING would get me to London. Too noisy, frenetic and smelly.

BoxingFan's Photo BoxingFan 23 Jun 2017

Yeah, when I go into London proper, I remember why I don't do it often. Too many people.

Sugar_Dean_Cuntly's Photo Sugar_Dean_Cuntly 23 Jun 2017

stevieb_8006, on 22 June 2017 - 02:10 PM, said:

to be fair NOTHING would get me to London. Too noisy, frenetic and smelly.

Fair enough. I'm looking to move in the next few years. Deepest, darkest Essex. Wivenhoe to be exact as the missus doesn't want to raise kids in London.

stevieb_8006's Photo stevieb_8006 23 Jun 2017

Sugar_Dean_Cuntly, on 23 June 2017 - 03:03 AM, said:

Fair enough. I'm looking to move in the next few years. Deepest, darkest Essex. Wivenhoe to be exact as the missus doesn't want to raise kids in London.
dont blame her.  I love living where I do, I literally wouldn't live anywhere else in the world

hitman_hatton1's Photo hitman_hatton1 04 Jun 2018

the inquiy is ongoing.

this cladding testimony is enough to bore anyone to tears. :mellow:

Judge after inquiry shown 12 minute video of catastrophic spead of Grenfell fire: I have seen that footage many times, but it is truly shocking every time you see it. Fire brigade's stay put policy still in place even at 1.30am when building throwing off huge flaming debris

Posted Image

hitman_hatton1's Photo hitman_hatton1 04 Jun 2018

https://www.youtube....h?v=mGotZ0HYuHc

146:00 is worth a watch.

999 calls and video footage of the fire spread.

Richard Millett QC tells the @LondonFire needed to answer. Among them were when did it become obvious that "compartmentation" had failed and why was the "stay put" advice kept in force until 2.47am [url="https://twitter.com/...enfell?src=hash"%5D#Grenfell[/url] :rolleyes: