←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Premier Boxing Champions

ATLien's Photo ATLien 07 Mar 2018

boxadore, on 07 March 2018 - 09:34 AM, said:

Broner is to messed up
Might be the last time we see him on tv if Vargas does what he should do to Broner

boxalettice 's Photo boxalettice 07 Mar 2018

ATLien, on 07 March 2018 - 09:35 AM, said:

Might be the last time we see him on tv if Vargas does what he should do to Broner
right

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 07 Mar 2018

ATLien, on 07 March 2018 - 09:35 AM, said:

I'm not so sure, he does pretty good ratings. People love watching him get his ass kicked.

johnnyblaze, on 07 March 2018 - 11:33 AM, said:

I'm not so sure, he does pretty good ratings. People love watching him get his ass kicked.
He needs to get pummeled into submission.  It takes alot to truly humiliate that guy which is kind of a problem for those that would like to see him fade to Bolivian.   Funny thing is, he's probably the most active PBC guy in the past 3 yrs.

ATLien, on 07 March 2018 - 11:52 AM, said:

He needs to get pummeled into submission.  It takes alot to truly humiliate that guy which is kind of a problem for those that would like to see him fade to Bolivian.   Funny thing is, he's probably the most active PBC guy in the past 3 yrs.
I'd still watch him fight Pac, that was really stupid of him to turn down.

johnnyblaze, on 07 March 2018 - 11:54 AM, said:

I'd still watch him fight Pac, that was really stupid of him to turn down.
Yes, and yes.  Guys really not hopping on the opportunity to try to take down an old legend for good money like they used to.  Same applies with Cotto's last fight.

ATLien, on 07 March 2018 - 11:57 AM, said:

Yes, and yes.  Guys really not hopping on the opportunity to try to take down an old legend for good money like they used to.  Same applies with Cotto's last fight.
The guys turning down Cotto was god damn ridiculous.

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 02 Aug 2018

Hearing that Al signed a deal with Fox but will not be announcing it.  I guess this fills the gap that UFC left at the network when they signed with ESPN in May.

Jack Tripper's Photo Jack Tripper 02 Aug 2018

Awesome, thanks Al. Been kinda quiet since PBC left.

View Postjohnnyblaze, on 02 August 2018 - 10:52 AM, said:

Hearing that Al signed a deal with Fox but will not be announcing it.  I guess this fills the gap that UFC left at the network when they signed with ESPN in May.
This also makes you wonder about the future of boxing st Showtime/CBS.  Premium cable might be pushed out in the next few years.  Get used to streaming and commercials, folks.

bazooka's Photo bazooka 02 Aug 2018

Only way i can think of off the top of my head where PBC can be deemed as beneficial in the long term to boxing would be if the showtime cards now see a significant bump in their ratings.  A bump that can be attributed to the exposure that the PBC fights on FSN and ESPN gave them.

From Twitter:

My understanding is that PBC to Fox is not officially done but will be soon. Look for the PBC to be on both Fox and Showtime. This should lead to more activity for their stars. Now we've got 4 major players (GB, Matchrm, PBC & TR) making big moves - all on different networks.

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 03 Aug 2018

This deal will not be a time buy. It starts in 2019 with most of the cards at Barclays.