←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Mayweather Pacquiao Ii In December?

chewbie's Photo chewbie 26 Sep 2018

WhenWeWereKings, on 26 September 2018 - 07:37 PM, said:

Was listening to the Dan Patrick show today and this fight came up.  Apparently Pacquiao is in the hole to the IRS for millions.  Therefore, he ain't fighting in the US and Mayweather ain't leaving LV so...
Unless thereís a compelling financial reason for Floyd to go overseas then I donít see why he would. Accommodating mannys avoidance of paying US taxes despite having earned many millions of dollars here isnít a good reason nor is it Floydís problem. He can probably make as much if not more at this point doing another Conor McGregor sideshow after Khabib whoops that ass

bazooka's Photo bazooka 26 Sep 2018

WhenWeWereKings, on 26 September 2018 - 07:56 PM, said:

I think they fear what happened to Roy 30 years ago in Seoul.
As if there has never been a horribly judged fight in America...

WhenWeWereKings's Photo WhenWeWereKings 26 Sep 2018

chewbie, on 26 September 2018 - 08:57 PM, said:

Unless there's a compelling financial reason for Floyd to go overseas then I don't see why he would. Accommodating mannys avoidance of paying US taxes despite having earned many millions of dollars here isn't a good reason nor is it Floyd's problem. He can probably make as much if not more at this point doing another Conor McGregor sideshow after Khabib whoops that ass
No doubt Floyd can but why say you're fighting Pac?

WhenWeWereKings's Photo WhenWeWereKings 26 Sep 2018

bazooka, on 26 September 2018 - 09:52 PM, said:

As if there has never been a horribly judged fight in America...
Of course.  But I think that's part of it.

The Puncher's Photo The Puncher 27 Sep 2018

WhenWeWereKings, on 26 September 2018 - 06:41 AM, said:

You know what he means. Why not fight Porter, Crawford or Charlo? He's already outboxed Manny. Nobody wants to see that garbage again.

Porter?  Crawford, maybe that would be an exciting fight. But Porter, I can't even see him winning against the current Pac.  I don't think Floyd would go up in weight to fight Charlo.

BoxingFan's Photo BoxingFan 27 Sep 2018

El Juan, on 15 September 2018 - 01:44 PM, said:

It may not be what it once was, but these guys are still quality fighters who can hang in there with anyone. I have no problems with the fight, but I won't pay $100 to see it.

They're both ducking Wilder.

Quack Quack.

chewbie's Photo chewbie 27 Sep 2018

<p>

No doubt Floyd can but why say you&#39;re fighting Pac?
</p>
<p>I put zero stock in anything Floyd says. When the cameras are on and he has a chance to make a splashy headline, he&#39;ll say anything. How many times have we heard him retire/unretire/say he would fight in the Octagon only to never do it/say GGG couldn&#39;t beat him/say he was the best ever/say he didn&#39;t beat women... the list is endless. I&#39;m sure he&#39;d take a huge payday to spar with Manny again under the right circumstances: he controls the promotion, split in his favor, venue of his choosing, etc. But no way is Manny going to get Floyd to Dubai or Asia unless these wealthy investors that we&#39;ve been hearing about for so many years emerge and pay them some unthinkable amount of money. And BTW, the Chinese government has cracked down on its willingness to overpay for &quot;American media&quot;&nbsp;</p>

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 27 Sep 2018

WhenWeWereKings, on 26 September 2018 - 07:37 PM, said:

Was listening to the Dan Patrick show today and this fight came up.  Apparently Pacquiao is in the hole to the IRS for millions.  Therefore, he ain't fighting in the US and Mayweather ain't leaving LV so...
Dan Patrick is in the know?  News to me.

I donít see how Pacís tax problems affects his ability to work here, especially with a $100MM payday looming.

<p>

Dan Patrick is in the know? News to me. I don&rsquo;t see how Pac&rsquo;s tax problems affects his ability to work here, especially with a $100MM payday looming.
</p>
<p>Can the IRS garnish his check?&nbsp;</p>

chewbie, on 27 September 2018 - 11:51 AM, said:

<p></p>
<p>Can the IRS garnish his check?&nbsp;</p>
I think there are required legal proceedings that would have to take place in order for that to happen.

So I read Pac wanted to avoid the USA for his last fight due to his IRS debt, maybe he wonít fight here again. I would have to think he could work something out with the tax man.

johnnyblaze, on 27 September 2018 - 01:51 PM, said:

So I read Pac wanted to avoid the USA for his last fight due to his IRS debt, maybe he wonít fight here again. I would have to think he could work something out with the tax man.
Yeah but how does that happen when someone who isnít a US citizen has effectively fled the country?

chewbie, on 27 September 2018 - 02:05 PM, said:

Yeah but how does that happen when someone who isnít a US citizen has effectively fled the country?
No idea mane.