←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Jacobs V Sulecki

9secondko's Photo 9secondko 10 May 2018

boxalettice, on 10 May 2018 - 09:45 PM, said:

A shot fighter almost beat AJ let's face it Tyson Fury is licking his chops.

Fury will look ok until hes VADA tested.

At that point he will be labeled a shot fighter too.

boxalettice 's Photo boxalettice 10 May 2018

9secondko, on 10 May 2018 - 10:34 PM, said:

Fury will look ok until hes VADA tested.

At that point he will be labeled a shot fighter too.
Not True just Wait

9secondko's Photo 9secondko 11 May 2018

boxalettice, on 10 May 2018 - 10:40 PM, said:

Not True just Wait

Until hes VADA tested...

So he will avoid that.

At least he can nice up for AJ since neither of them want comprehensive VADA testing.

El Juan's Photo El Juan 11 May 2018

Im amazed that Fury put up such an awful performance in his win over the faded Klitschko and people talk as if he is this dangerous opponent. Id favor AJ over him, especially coming off his drug issues. I wont forget how he got hurt by Steve Cunningham and had to land illegal punches to win that fight.

WhenWeWereKings's Photo WhenWeWereKings 11 May 2018

El Juan, on 11 May 2018 - 06:08 AM, said:

Im amazed that Fury put up such an awful performance in his win over the faded Klitschko and people talk as if he is this dangerous opponent. Id favor AJ over him, especially coming off his drug issues. I wont forget how he got hurt by Steve Cunningham and had to land illegal punches to win that fight.
Awful performance? I recall people praising him after that fight for his game plan against Wlad. Cunningham drilled him right on the button lol. Was like watching a tree fall over. The KO in that fight was definitely a strange one.

WhenWeWereKings, on 11 May 2018 - 08:07 AM, said:

Awful performance? I recall people praising him after that fight for his game plan against Wlad. Cunningham drilled him right on the button lol. Was like watching a tree fall over. The KO in that fight was definitely a strange one.

Great game plan but awful performance. In fact, neither guy performed much at all. Might be the worst heavyweight title fight in the history of the sport?

El Juan, on 11 May 2018 - 08:08 AM, said:

Great game plan but awful performance. In fact, neither guy performed much at all. Might be the worst heavyweight title fight in the history of the sport?
You think? I have no idea which fight deserves that honour. Theres been some awful fights over the years. John Ruiz might have a couple. Lewis v Tua was pretty terrible.

WhenWeWereKings, on 11 May 2018 - 08:17 AM, said:

You think? I have no idea which fight deserves that honour. Theres been some awful fights over the years. John Ruiz might have a couple. Lewis v Tua was pretty terrible.

I agree that those were all bad fights and Ruiz always made bad TV. Im wondering if they landed the least amount of punches in a 12-round heavyweight title fight?

El Juan, on 11 May 2018 - 08:42 AM, said:

I agree that those were all bad fights and Ruiz always made bad TV. Im wondering if they landed the least amount of punches in a 12-round heavyweight title fight?
Must be a database somewhere with that info.

WhenWeWereKings, on 11 May 2018 - 08:43 AM, said:

Must be a database somewhere with that info.

Im sure. JB probably knows.

Shaun Michaels's Photo Shaun Michaels 11 May 2018

WhenWeWereKings, on 11 May 2018 - 08:07 AM, said:

Pleasing to the eye? No. But it was a great boxing performance by Fury, he completely neutralized Wlad. Yes, that KO of Cunningham by Fury was BS, he pinned him on the ropes with left arm and poleaxed him with his right

boxalettice 's Photo boxalettice 11 May 2018

Shaun Michaels, on 11 May 2018 - 10:22 AM, said:

Pleasing to the eye? No. But it was a great boxing performance by Fury, he completely neutralized Wlad. Yes, that KO of Cunningham by Fury was BS, he pinned him on the ropes with left arm and poleaxed him with his right
Poleaxed is that even a word?

9secondko's Photo 9secondko 12 May 2018

boxalettice, on 11 May 2018 - 11:23 PM, said:

Poleaxed is that even a word?

Vernacular and slang, but yep.

boxalettice 's Photo boxalettice 12 May 2018

9secondko, on 12 May 2018 - 12:06 AM, said:

Vernacular and slang, but yep.
ok I stand corrected