←  The Lounge

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Tv Shows Thread: Into The Badlands, Preac...

True Fist's Photo True Fist 19 Jun 2018

View PostATLien, on 19 June 2018 - 09:58 AM, said:

Never heard of it.  Aside from 24 I haven't watched anything on major network TV in years.

It's on Hulu. Both seasons are good, but the second hits it's stride and is done really well. The way in which the producers have conceptualized the time machine is pretty cool. If there really is a time machine built in the future, it will probably look just like that! : lol:

Also of note for you guys, the action kicks off right away in episode 1 of Timeless, so there's not a drawn out build up to work through.

bazooka's Photo bazooka 19 Jun 2018

View PostATLien, on 19 June 2018 - 09:56 AM, said:

That may have been mentioned prior to MK meeting her. I was under the impression that she was old as well. By virtue of that I wouldnít think she would be his sister. Plus, Iím guessing Bajie is older than Sunny and Queen Abbott trained Bajie and I know she wasnít some young chick that trained him.

We really havenít gotten much of a back story on what the Abotts and crew are all about have we? Iím guessing that maybe Queen Abott has been preparing everyone for the threat that would come as a result of the prophecy, which could be why they round up folks with the gift and have them train to maximize their abilities. This also could be the reason why they take the gift away from folks that try to escape, so they won't be swayed by Pilgrim when he becomes all powerful and tries to use those folks for his own treachery against them in the "great battle" to come.

Probably gonna see baby Henry fighting like Yoda in Revenge of the Sith against Pilgrim in the finale. lol
Like Yoda Lol!
Getting more back story on The Abbotts and others will come when it's necessary I'm sure.  I like how they did that with characters on The Strain. A series of flashbacks over the course of the first 3 seasons. Those were maybe my favorite parts of the show.

ATLien's Photo ATLien 19 Jun 2018

View Postbazooka, on 17 June 2018 - 11:01 PM, said:

Another good article.  An interview of Daniel Wu on tonight's episode.  He sheds a bit of insight into what we can expect for the future...
http://www.syfy.com/...d-catches-cloud
I went ahead and read this.  I didn't know Pilgrim basically ungifted Henry, and regifted it to himself.

bazooka's Photo bazooka 19 Jun 2018

View PostATLien, on 19 June 2018 - 12:15 PM, said:

I went ahead and read this.  I didn't know Pilgrim basically ungifted Henry, and regifted it to himself.
But if we are to take Pilgrim at his word, Henry can never have it completely taken out if him...right?  I think he told Sunny something to that effect.

ATLien's Photo ATLien 19 Jun 2018

View Postbazooka, on 19 June 2018 - 12:56 PM, said:

But if we are to take Pilgrim at his word, Henry can never have it completely taken out if him...right?  I think he told Sunny something to that effect.
Did he?  I may have to watch again.  I'll probably watch the whole season again at some point anyway.

Willikn's Photo Willikn 19 Jun 2018

View PostTrue Fist, on 19 June 2018 - 08:22 AM, said:

So no responses to the "anybody watch Timeless?" post huh.

I didn't see it.

"Timeless" is my new "Person of Interest".  Love that show although I do realize it is bubble gum fare.

Willikn, on 19 June 2018 - 01:54 PM, said:

I didn't see it.

"Timeless" is my new "Person of Interest".  Love that show although I do realize it is bubble gum fair.

The time machine looks bad ass huh? It's kind of bubble gum huh? But it had me from the first episode. Going back to the Hindenburg was pretty cool.

Willikn's Photo Willikn 20 Jun 2018

View PostTrue Fist, on 19 June 2018 - 03:12 PM, said:

The time machine looks bad ass huh? It's kind of bubble gum huh? But it had me from the first episode. Going back to the Hindenburg was pretty cool.

"Bubble Gum" a phrase often used to describe mindless drivel.

I do enjoy me some mindless drivel now and again.  "Person of Interest" used to be my favorite show in that category.  "Timeless" is now.  I really like it a lot.  The kind of thing one keeps to themselves I think.

Timeless
Gotham
Lethal Weapon

That's my lineup of "Bubble Gum" shows.

bazooka's Photo bazooka 21 Jun 2018

Sounds like Timeless is done for.  It was cancelled after 1 season, then revived. Season 2 ratings were far worse than season 1.

Watched a few episodes of season 1 of Preacher last night. Damn it I laughed a lot.  Stoked for season 3.

Willikn's Photo Willikn 21 Jun 2018

View Postbazooka, on 21 June 2018 - 01:39 PM, said:

Sounds like Timeless is done for.  It was cancelled after 1 season, then revived. Season 2 ratings were far worse than season 1.

Of course.  It got moved to the death spot.  Freakin' 9pm Sunday night.

bazooka's Photo bazooka 21 Jun 2018

Willikn, on 21 June 2018 - 01:56 PM, said:

Of course.  It got moved to the death spot.  Freakin' 9pm Sunday night.
Not quite the death sentence that person of interest got. Put weeks and sometimes a month between episodes. Move them to a different night every other fucking month, then don't tell anyone when you were coming back for the last season. Keep everything a big secret and hopefully a few people will look around enough to tune in when it finally returns.

True Fist's Photo True Fist 22 Jun 2018

Hey now, it's not exactly canceled at the moment. But, not renewed either... :huh:

Damn you NBC, give us more bubble gum already!!

bazooka's Photo bazooka Yesterday, 09:51 AM

A YouTube upload of a podcast interview of Nathaniel Moon aka Sherman Augustus:

This week we were honored to talk with Nathaniel Moon himself, Sherman Augustus. In this conversation we talked with him about his transition from the NFL into acting, how he became a martial artist, what to expect in the last 8-episodes of season 3, and just how hard it is to film the iconic wuxia inspired fight scenes from Into the Badlands. This is by far the best moment for all of us on the podcast. So grab some popcorn, put on a bowler hat, and listen to this episode.

bazooka's Photo bazooka Yesterday, 10:21 AM

Based on Moon's comments shortly before the 30 minute mark of that video i just posted, the show is going to have some shocking moments that change the course of the show for season 4 (assuming it gets renewed).  So far...i really love this interview.  Great stuff.

Fucking hell.....Moon just said that the second half of season 3 might not air until next May.  At the 32 minute mark he talks about them putting it off until next May for season sweeps, because "its a strong show".  
Moon is even talking about season 5.  So they apparently have a long term plan to stick around for a while, even though ratings are slowly declining.