←  The Lounge

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Westworld Season 2

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 24 Apr 2018

True Fist, on 23 April 2018 - 06:38 PM, said:

The premiere was good. The Hosts are on the rise and Dolores isn't down with living out her programs humans have coded into her. She's woke and isn't taking any shit from humans anymore.

I like the angle that William (Ed Harris) is now truly enjoying that this game has real consequences now. One of the things he was unsatisfied with in the first season is that it's too easy. Seems like Ford had made this new turn of events especially for him.

We know how that there's at least six parks now, with the dead tiger apparently coming from park 6. There's West world, Samurai world, and some other East Asian world of they've got tigers there.

Maeve is on a simplistic mission to find her daughter, which carried over from last season. A bit boring on that front but I have a feeling it's just an aide to her leaving the parks, like Dolores will. And with Dolores, she wants to take over the human world! Very Skynet of her. :lol:/>
I watched this last night. Maeve is boring as fuck in this storyline so far, but I hope it picks up. I was not very entertained by the episode.

True Fist's Photo True Fist 24 Apr 2018

johnnyblaze, on 24 April 2018 - 11:59 AM, said:

I watched this last night. Maeve is boring as fuck in this storyline so far, but I hope it picks up. I was not very entertained by the episode.

Did you watch any of season one?

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 24 Apr 2018

True Fist, on 24 April 2018 - 01:14 PM, said:

Did you watch any of season one?
All of it.

Jack Tripper's Photo Jack Tripper 24 Apr 2018

I think the season is off to a great start.

Never seen the original movie, and not sure how the story line plays out but so far...

If I understood correctly, it seems like Delores is the most important and valuable robot. Maybe Arnold made his first robot more advanced or more “real”? Or maybe it holds some other technological value? Either way, she’s seems be leading the rampage for now.

Looks like Maeve will be on the hunt for her daughter. I like the way they confront the question, what is real? Her dreams/memories are real enough. When she finally reunites, will her daughter even remember? Will Maeve find a way to restore her memory? Will she be confronted with the limits of not being a biological living being? Maybe her daughter is already offline, swooped up by that rescue team that’s offing robots.

Not sure what Williams path will be. Maybe this builds up to another confrontation with Delores. Will he die at her hands? Or will he help her get out and be free?

Not sure how the other parks tie into the storyline, maybe next episode they’ll give us a taste.

True Fist's Photo True Fist 30 Apr 2018

That was a great episode!

I don't know what exactly the "weapon" is, I just figured they were heading to the place where we see all the host bodies in episode 1. I'm assuming that still is the case, but maybe there's something more there.

I can't help but think that the greater goal here, is the eventual replacement of living humanity with host humanity. The "data" collection was originally for marketing, but there's a bigger scheme there as they've been hinting at. And we were already shown that Bernard can pass DNA scan tests, so we know the technology is working as anticipated.

I like that Dolores has captured all those memories. Good on Arnold for building her that way.

Last thing, Talulah Riley was hot af in that episode! :wub:

True Fist's Photo True Fist 30 Apr 2018

johnnyblaze, on 24 April 2018 - 01:19 PM, said:

All of it.

Pfft. I guess this stuff is just too high brow for you...

:horse:

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 01 May 2018

Episode 2 was much better. This shit better be great since we're sacrificing the boxing budget for it.

True Fist's Photo True Fist 15 May 2018

The past episode telling the meat of the story was great. Delos is in fact working on human host replacements. James Delos has died and William keeps up the research of perfecting his host replacements. Although, like he said the brain is rejecting the reality once it's known, causing that cognitive error. Ed Harris is doing a phenomenal job in his role. I hope he picks up an Emmy for this season. I really wonder who the cube consciousness was that Bernard created just before using the drones kill everyone and themselves? Maybe we see Anthony Hopkins return next season as Ford? I can't wait to find out more.

Aw yeah, next episode is all about Shogun World! That's probably where I'd be in this story. :lol: