←  The Lounge

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

The Walking Dead Season 8

True Fist's Photo True Fist 18 Apr 2018

I accepted the finale for what it was, a feel good ending to counter the super bleak previous season.

I guess Rick will go back to being Sheriff Rick and Negan will be his charge in some cell, with a lifetime sentence. Are they going to rebuild Alexandria and make use of that cell there? I don't see everyone staying at Hilltop, so I'm assuming that's the case.

I was hoping for the helicopter to make another appearance in the finale and really draw everyone's attention. Oh well.

bazooka's Photo bazooka 18 Apr 2018

View PostTrue Fist, on 18 April 2018 - 08:39 AM, said:

I accepted the finale for what it was, a feel good ending to counter the super bleak previous season.

I guess Rick will go back to being Sheriff Rick and Negan will be his charge in some cell, with a lifetime sentence. Are they going to rebuild Alexandria and make use of that cell there? I don't see everyone staying at Hilltop, so I'm assuming that's the case.

I was hoping for the helicopter to make another appearance in the finale and really draw everyone's attention. Oh well.
Yeah, i was expecting that helicopter to show up and bring Morgan into the FTWD world in that manner.  Maybe it did...but on Fear's episode?  I don't know.  I'll try to get around to binging that one in the coming months.

I'm assuming Alexandria gets rebuilt.  Pretty sure it survived this war in the comics.  Willikn could inform us on that.  Also...the showrunners here do tend to pay attention to details, even if the overall writing is shit.  Morgan creating that jail cell wasn't for nothing.  I had a feeling all along who would end up in that cell, since i knew how the end of this arc played out.  I'm surprised there hasn't been a lot of speculation over it since Morgan built it.
In a perfect TWD world where the writing didn't suck, Maggie and Rosita would drop in for regular visits of Negan.  Maybe for some routine torture.  Maybe take a finger or an eyeball on occasion.  Maybe crack a rib once in a while, using Lucille on him.  Ya know....fun shit.  A little payback.  Good way to take out a lot of pent up frustration.

bazooka's Photo bazooka 18 Apr 2018

View Postdazzler, on 18 April 2018 - 12:39 AM, said:

Rick has to be the worst shot in the history of Television.  A couple of weeks ago he fired two whole magazines from an AK47 at Negan and missed, this time with his revolver again.  Pretty sure he has previous form too.  Just lazy script writing in my opinion, creating dubious action scenes to keep the excitement up.  Same goes for constantly getting captured and escaping, he was at it again only last week.

Anyway I'm glad the Total War story arc seems to be over.  They really made a meal of it.  I'll be watching again next season, the show still seems worth watching, wobbly plotting and all.
I don't know if its really worth watching, but i won't quit now.  8 seasons in...i have to see it through to the end.  Kinda like Dexter which was so awful for so long but ya just had to tough it out the rest of the way.

True Fist's Photo True Fist 18 Apr 2018

I'll keep watching to the end too.

Chance's Photo Chance 18 Apr 2018

Havenít watched an episode of this season. I guess itís safe to say Iíve given up on this show

WhenWeWereKings's Photo WhenWeWereKings 18 Apr 2018

bazooka, on 18 April 2018 - 09:00 AM, said:

I don't know if its really worth watching, but i won't quit now.  8 seasons in...i have to see it through to the end.  Kinda like Dexter which was so awful for so long but ya just had to tough it out the rest of the way.
Exactly the way I feel.

WhenWeWereKings's Photo WhenWeWereKings 18 Apr 2018

Chance, on 18 April 2018 - 10:14 AM, said:

Havenít watched an episode of this season. I guess itís safe to say Iíve given up on this show
Well done sir. I wish I had of lol.