←  The Lounge

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Shot For Being Black In His Own Apartment

jimbag's Photo jimbag 19 Sep 2018

Johnny Hopper, on 19 September 2018 - 05:25 AM, said:

They looked at things that would possibly result in getting shot by a police officer. Producing a weapon, attacking the officer, fleeing with a weapon, driving at a police officer etc..

And what they found was that when a white man and a black man resisted in ways that would constitute deadly force, police were 20% less likely to use deadly force on blacks.
Producing a weapon? Have we never been discussing UNARMED victims? That was why I dismissed your national police shooting data, because it didn't address UNARMED victims.

Johnny Hopper's Photo Johnny Hopper 19 Sep 2018

View Postjimbag, on 19 September 2018 - 08:05 AM, said:

Producing a weapon? Have we never been discussing UNARMED victims? That was why I dismissed your national police shooting data, because it didn't address UNARMED victims.

I posted about unarmed "victims". 17 to 14 I believe, advantage white.

Focus here for a second, we can't have an intelligent discussion if you just go of in a different direction whenever points are being made. .

Harvard study.
Black professor.
Police less likely to use deadly force on blacks than whites.

Now what was the next thing you wanted to discuss?

jimbag's Photo jimbag 19 Sep 2018

Johnny Hopper, on 19 September 2018 - 10:02 AM, said:

Focus here for a second, we can't have an intelligent discussion if you just go of in a different direction whenever points are being made. .

Harvard study.
Black professor.

Police in Houston. When was the discussion about Houston?

17 to 14, why don't you convert those simple integers into a percentage of population. Even a percentage of criminal population. At roughly twenty percent of the American population, multiply that fourteen by five and leave the seventeen alone. Proportionally, that gives you a ratio of SEVENTY to seventeen.

You cite Harvard, I cite Boston University. You cite a black professor, and I don't even bother looking at the color of a man's skin because I'm not a racist.

El Juan's Photo El Juan 19 Sep 2018

Johnny Hopper, on 19 September 2018 - 10:02 AM, said:

Harvard study.
Black professor.

Professor wasnít black enough.

El Juan's Photo El Juan 19 Sep 2018

jimbag, on 19 September 2018 - 10:41 AM, said:

17 to 14, why don't you convert those simple integers into a percentage of population. Even a percentage of criminal population. At roughly twenty percent of the American population, multiply that fourteen by five and leave the seventeen alone. Proportionally, that gives you a ratio of SEVENTY to seventeen.

You cite Harvard, I cite Boston University. You cite a black professor, and I don't even bother looking at the color of a man's skin because I'm not a racist.

The more accurate portrayal would be to study adverse contact with police numbers by race.

View Postjimbag, on 19 September 2018 - 10:41 AM, said:

Then who are you referring to that is roughly 20 percent of the population? Men who wear sandals? Women named Michelle or Jennifer? Guys with mustaches only?

Here are some stats that disprove Jimbag's theory

2015: Cops killed almost twice as many white ( 50 ) nationwide as blacks ( 26)

But Jimbag points out they are still over-represented because they are only 15% of the population.

However, this 15% of the population commits 62% of robberies, 57% of murders, 45% of assaults and 66% of all violent crime.

40% of all cop killers are black, and a cop is 18 times more likely to be killed by a black man than an unarmed black man is to be killed by a cop.

https://www.dailywir...g-aaron-bandler

Chance's Photo Chance Yesterday, 08:18 AM

View Postbazooka, on 20 September 2018 - 05:24 PM, said:

Posted Image
cops doing what cops do