←  The Lounge

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Comics Coming To Television In 2018

Willikn's Photo Willikn 18 Sep 2018

View Postbazooka, on 18 September 2018 - 01:48 PM, said:

OK...yeah i understand not wanting to spoil things.  I didn't know that you actually read any of these comics.  So....you have read all of Daredevil and Punisher...right?  And how much of JJ, IF and LC have you read?

Danny's gettin' some dark chocolate in the comics, huh?  Lol   I knew about the guns not being Danny's in the comics.  I read up on some character bio stuff with a lot of these.

The DD and Punisher stuff was my favorite.  Spiderman too.  As a result while I don't read the books I still keep up with what's happening.  I even buy the occasional book.

Luke Cage and Iron Fist go hand in hand.  It is impossible to keep up with DD and not be exposed to them.  In fact, Danny wore the DD costume for a bit to throw others off the scent of Matt being DD.  

Jessica Jones didn't start until 2001.  I stopped as a regular buyer in 1998.  The last new thing I bought off of a shelf was in 2000.  I knew of the character before the show, but as little more than the mother of Luke Cage's baby.  The Purple Man though, that dude's first appearance was in a DD book in the 60's.

bazooka's Photo bazooka 18 Sep 2018

View PostWillikn, on 18 September 2018 - 02:44 PM, said:

The DD and Punisher stuff was my favorite.  Spiderman too.  As a result while I don't read the books I still keep up with what's happening.  I even buy the occasional book.

Luke Cage and Iron Fist go hand in hand.  It is impossible to keep up with DD and not be exposed to them.  In fact, Danny wore the DD costume for a bit to throw others off the scent of Matt being DD.  

Jessica Jones didn't start until 2001.  I stopped as a regular buyer in 1998.  The last new thing I bought off of a shelf was in 2000.  I knew of the character before the show, but as little more than the mother of Luke Cage's baby.  The Purple Man though, that dude's first appearance was in a DD book in the 60's.
Purple Man is hopefully still alive...somehow.  That is one diabolical villain.  When he can even control guys like LC...that's badass.  In fact, I'm a little sad at the loss of some villains.  Losing Mariah Dillard, Kilgrave, Cottonmouth.  Those were some fantastic characters.

Willikn's Photo Willikn 18 Sep 2018

View Postbazooka, on 18 September 2018 - 02:50 PM, said:

Purple Man is hopefully still alive...somehow.  That is one diabolical villain.  When he can even control guys like LC...that's badass.  In fact, I'm a little sad at the loss of some villains.  Losing Mariah Dillard, Kilgrave, Cottonmouth.  Those were some fantastic characters.

The Hand's involvement means that no one with their head still attached is truly dead.  

That said, plenty of good villains from which to choose.

bazooka's Photo bazooka 18 Sep 2018

View PostWillikn, on 18 September 2018 - 03:18 PM, said:

The Hand's involvement means that no one with their head still attached is truly dead.  

That said, plenty of good villains from which to choose.
I'm trying to remember though...did that egg they put the dead in get destroyed?  I remember Sigourney Weaver's character in The Defenders was called out for using up all of their resources that they needed to revive people when she brought Elektra back.  I think those resources are from dead dragons of K'un Lun....right?  So unless they dig up all that buried shyt from the bomb that went off....not sure how they'll get back there.

ATLien's Photo ATLien 20 Sep 2018

Heres another site I go to reviews which is pretty solid.  They also give alot of background info on the characters that you might not know, well.....maybe Bazooka and myself didn't know.  They're review was more along the lines of my thoughts.
https://www.youtube....h?v=Fx-RyW2BaH8

bazooka's Photo bazooka 20 Sep 2018

View PostATLien, on 20 September 2018 - 12:22 PM, said:

Heres another site I go to reviews which is pretty solid.  They also give alot of background info on the characters that you might not know, well.....maybe Bazooka and myself didn't know.  They're review was more along the lines of my thoughts.
https://www.youtube....h?v=Fx-RyW2BaH8
I think i have seen a couple of their reviews before.  I just subbed to that channel now.  Some of these channels are tough to listen to because they're as bad as Game of Thrones book readers.  In other words, they hate everything and act like they have all the answers.  Just miserable dorks posting from a basement like rayajr.

View Postbazooka, on 20 September 2018 - 12:25 PM, said:

I think i have seen a couple of their reviews before.  I just subbed to that channel now.  Some of these channels are tough to listen to because they're as bad as Game of Thrones book readers.  In other words, they hate everything and act like they have all the answers.  Just miserable dorks posting from a basement like rayajr.
Akbar? :D

They're typically my go to for reviews.   On some show reviews they go episode by episode in a season like for Legion and Preacher.  Their critiques are usually pretty fair imo.  I check out others sometimes just to get different takes and opinions.

View PostATLien, on 20 September 2018 - 12:45 PM, said:

Akbar? :D

They're typically my go to for reviews.   On some show reviews they go episode by episode in a season like for Legion and Preacher.  Their critiques are usually pretty fair imo.  I check out others sometimes just to get different takes and opinions.
what i like is when they explain some things that non-comics people don't understand.  Or they point out clues (i refuse to call them Easter eggs) that we may have missed or were not away that some clues were dropped on an episode.

View Postbazooka, on 20 September 2018 - 12:49 PM, said:

what i like is when they explain some things that non-comics people don't understand.  Or they point out clues (i refuse to call them Easter eggs) that we may have missed or were not away that some clues were dropped on an episode.
:lol: I'm with you on that.  Kinda reviewed more for the common man that just wants to watch a good tv show that happens to have comic characters.

Finally!!!  Daredevil season 3 release date at the end of this trailer