←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Triple G Vs Vanes M.

DePonce's Photo DePonce 27 Apr 2018

Shaun Michaels, on 27 April 2018 - 07:21 AM, said:

Nope. My response had nothing to do with Vanes, I was responding to the statement that GGG would vacate the belt rather than face Charlo, that's y I said he has yet to face a warm body, what would he have to fear?
My fault.  I misread your post and I get your point.  Jumped the gun since Vanes has no business being in the ring with GGG, but doesnít surprise me he was picked.

Shaun Michaels's Photo Shaun Michaels 27 Apr 2018

DePonce, on 27 April 2018 - 07:45 AM, said:

My fault.  I misread your post and I get your point.  Jumped the gun since Vanes has no business being in the ring with GGG, but doesnít surprise me he was picked.
Yea, I get that. But like Chewbie brought up, its Canelo's fault he got pinched. And GGG wants to stay busy rather than wait on Canelo, can't fault him for that. And on 3 weeks notice, a soft touch was expected

boxalettice 's Photo boxalettice 27 Apr 2018

WhenWeWereKings, on 27 April 2018 - 06:59 AM, said:

Thatís fair. The knockdown put him over versus Jacobs I imagine.
That's what I thought plus some rounds he really put it on Jacob's

WhenWeWereKings's Photo WhenWeWereKings 27 Apr 2018

Shaun Michaels, on 27 April 2018 - 09:20 AM, said:

Yea, I get that. But like Chewbie brought up, its Canelo's fault he got pinched. And GGG wants to stay busy rather than wait on Canelo, can't fault him for that. And on 3 weeks notice, a soft touch was expected
Exactly.

rayajr's Photo rayajr 27 Apr 2018

Shaun Michaels, on 27 April 2018 - 09:20 AM, said:

I don't know who else was available but Vanes is on a two year layoff and wasnt a world beater before that. In fact he won only 4 of his last 8 fights prior to his hiatus. Surely someone in the current top 25 was available and at least there's some relevance. The NBA has its slam dunk contests, this fight is basically boxing's version. I dont watch the NBA slam dunk contest very often and I doubt I'll watch this one either. Golovkin is already on my nerves for basically never challenging himself. Similar to how I felt about Floyd at one time. I dont pardon anything at this point.

El Juan's Photo El Juan 27 Apr 2018

boxalettice, on 27 April 2018 - 09:26 AM, said:

That's what I thought plus some rounds he really put it on Jacob's

I canít given GGG more than 6 rounds in that fight if Iím being lenient.

WhenWeWereKings's Photo WhenWeWereKings 27 Apr 2018

El Juan, on 27 April 2018 - 01:51 PM, said:

I canít given GGG more than 6 rounds in that fight if Iím being lenient.
Give me a breakdown of the scoring of the fight in your eyes.

Shaun Michaels's Photo Shaun Michaels 27 Apr 2018

rayajr, on 27 April 2018 - 12:01 PM, said:

I don't know who else was available but Vanes is on a two year layoff and wasnt a world beater before that. In fact he won only 4 of his last 8 fights prior to his hiatus. Surely someone in the current top 25 was available and at least there's some relevance. The NBA has its slam dunk contests, this fight is basically boxing's version. I dont watch the NBA slam dunk contest very often and I doubt I'll watch this one either. Golovkin is already on my nerves for basically never challenging himself. Similar to how I felt about Floyd at one time. I dont pardon anything at this point.
Spike O'Mustachio was available, and agreed to terms, only to turn down a career high payday. He's not even a blue chipper and he didn't even want to face GGG on 3 weeks notice