←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Do You Think The Boxing World Owes Canelo...

Poll: Do you think the boixng world owes Canelo an apology? (19 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think the boxing world owes Canelo an apology after Canelo's hair sample tested negative?

  1. Yes, we owe Canelo an apology (4 votes [21.05%])

    Percentage of vote: 21.05%

  2. No, we do not owe Canelo an apology (15 votes [78.95%])

    Percentage of vote: 78.95%

Vote Guests cannot vote

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 18 May 2018

View PostWhenWeWereKings, on 17 May 2018 - 07:15 PM, said:

I hear he makes a good bit of money on merchandise too.

NYE? Itís May!!!
All of this depends on the Canelo deal.
Quote

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 18 May 2018

View PostReggieJay, on 17 May 2018 - 08:32 PM, said:



Does GGG still want to fight three times this year? Why couldn't he fight both?
I would expect an interim fight between now and NYE.
Quote

chewbie's Photo chewbie 18 May 2018

View Postjohnnyblaze, on 18 May 2018 - 01:05 PM, said:

I would expect an interim fight between now and NYE.
I heard Chavez Sr is willing to face him at a catchweight of 205 :ninja:
Quote

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 18 May 2018

View Postchewbie, on 18 May 2018 - 01:13 PM, said:


I heard Chavez Sr is willing to face him at a catchweight of 205 :ninja:/>
:lol:

Chavez Sr gave his sons an ultimatum, I expect to see Jr at 168 by the end of the year.  Dad needs more money for blow.

https://www.boxingsc...careers--128068
Quote

rayajr's Photo rayajr 18 May 2018

View Postjohnnyblaze, on 18 May 2018 - 01:15 PM, said:


:lol:/>

Chavez Sr gave his sons an ultimatum, I expect to see Jr at 168 by the end of the year.  Dad needs more money for blow.

https://www.boxingsc...careers--128068
Hells ya!!
Quote

ender's Photo ender 23 May 2018

View Postjohnnyblaze, on 17 May 2018 - 10:25 AM, said:

The $1M is what HBO ponied up for, he likely made much more with sponsors and foreign tv.

Murata is a real possibility. Japan has a tradition of staging fights on NYE, and they regularly get audiences in the 20-30M range. It's a lucrative option.
I interviewed Loeffler last week. GGG-Canelo 2 seems like the likely move. Murata is definitely an option.
Quote

ender's Photo ender 23 May 2018

View Postjohnnyblaze, on 17 May 2018 - 10:25 AM, said:

He signed up for the full VADA program.
And GGG signed up for testing through Sept. 15. Both moves make me wonder just how much testing the Clean Boxing Program does between fight camps. If it was adequate, neither GGG or canelo would need to sign up for a separate testing program.
Quote

ender's Photo ender 23 May 2018

View Postjohnnyblaze, on 16 May 2018 - 02:10 PM, said:

I think they were trying to use it as leverage to get ggg to sign, but the public outlash forced their hand.
That is one way to interpret the move.
Quote

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 23 May 2018

View Postender, on 23 May 2018 - 03:02 PM, said:

I interviewed Loeffler last week. GGG-Canelo 2 seems like the likely move. Murata is definitely an option.
They should do both.
Quote

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 23 May 2018

View Postender, on 23 May 2018 - 03:05 PM, said:

And GGG signed up for testing through Sept. 15. Both moves make me wonder just how much testing the Clean Boxing Program does between fight camps. If it was adequate, neither GGG or canelo would need to sign up for a separate testing program.
Yeah, I had the same thoughts when I saw GGG re-upped in the full program in addition to the CBP.
Quote

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 23 May 2018

View Postender, on 23 May 2018 - 03:06 PM, said:

That is one way to interpret the move.
Indeed. You saw the beating they were taking on twitter.
Quote