←  The Lounge

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

2018 U.s. Open Tennis

bazooka's Photo bazooka 09 Sep 2018

Well that stinks.  Hard fought set but Novak prevails in the tiebreaker.  Best we can likely hope for now is 4 sets. I don't think the big guy has the stamina to go 5 with Novak.  He makes you work so hard for everything.

Pretty good match for a straight sets win. Delpo fought hard.  Novak was just playing superior tennis.  Best I've seen him play in over 2 years. If Novak holds at this level for a while, he's gonna make a serious run at Roger's 20 Grand slams.

the_hater's Photo the_hater 09 Sep 2018

View Postbazooka, on 08 September 2018 - 05:01 PM, said:

It looked to me like Naomi was going to be a huge hurdle for Serena to overcome.  I hate to say that its tainted because of how well Naomi played.
Serena being very gracious right now and telling the crowd to not focus on the bad shyt here.  I like that.
This ump should not be doing any more Serena matches.  That's for sure.

I don't know how y'all are defending her she brought up her children into it knowing she was lying. That shows her character and she's a piece of shit.

View Postthe_hater, on 09 September 2018 - 07:09 PM, said:

I don't know how y'all are defending her she brought up her children into it knowing she was lying. That shows her character and she's a piece of shit.
I agree for the most part.  She went on to say in her presser that she never cheats.  All this despite her coach admitting on TV that he is always coaching her during every match.  That is cheating according to tennis rules.
Overall though, the issue is more complex than that.  The rule is on the books but it almost never gets enforced. That's why everyone is receiving coaching and never get called for it.  Odd time for an ump to make that call.  Especially when it wasn't an egregious infraction, such as outright verbal communication.  The coach did a couple of hand signals and Serena wasn't even looking at him at that moment.

True Fist's Photo True Fist 09 Sep 2018

Yeah, Novak is in prime condition right now. Or at least back to his top form. He's just in every point.

bazooka's Photo bazooka 10 Sep 2018

Some cartoonist in Australia is gonna take a lot of heat for his latest work here, which is a pretty offensive portrayal of Serena.  Oh and btw....he also portrays Naomi Osaka as a blonde white woman....

Posted Image

bazooka's Photo bazooka 10 Sep 2018

Come to think of it....the chair ump on Saturday was Hispanic, not a white mane.  He's off all around here...