←  The Lounge

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Tv Shows Thread: Into The Badlands, Preac...

ATLien's Photo ATLien 14 May 2018

View Postbazooka, on 14 May 2018 - 11:11 AM, said:

No doubt....stubborn shyt.  Moon hadn't appeared to be at the point where Sunny is....where the endless cycle of violence seems ridiculous.  But....Moon did express interest in rekindling a relationship with Lydia.  So maybe he sees that as his new motivation in life.  Seems like his life had little purpose in between the time he left Baron Quinn and lost his hand to Sunny.  Now....he might be looking for something more in life.

Forgot about young  Waldo.  That was definitely his voice.  Did they voice it over this other actor's body?  Or was that CGI used to make him look younger?
You gotta think so.  Considering the only reason he got with The Widow was because she could lead him to Sunny.  Now what......?

I was thinking maybe they CGI'd that shty

delroy02's Photo delroy02 15 May 2018

True Fist, on 13 May 2018 - 10:34 AM, said:

One of the best shows on television! Stupid SyFy cancelled it after this season. Hopefully it hurts picked up by another network, or Amazon or Netflix. I've read the books and there's lots of storylines to go through.

Yeah I read that the other day.  Gutted it's not like Sci Fi channel has loads of quality shows to replace it.

I've just finished the last book, not as good as the previous books but still enjoyable.

True Fist's Photo True Fist 15 May 2018

delroy02, on 15 May 2018 - 07:45 AM, said:

Yeah I read that the other day.  Gutted it's not like Sci Fi channel has loads of quality shows to replace it.

I've just finished the last book, not as good as the previous books but still enjoyable.

The last one released was book 7, right? Still two more to go unless the publishers push for another set of 3.

delroy02's Photo delroy02 15 May 2018

True Fist, on 15 May 2018 - 08:17 AM, said:

The last one released was book 7, right? Still two more to go unless the publishers push for another set of 3.

The last one I read was Babylons Ashes which was number 6.  I'll have to take a look to see if there's any others available

True Fist's Photo True Fist 15 May 2018

delroy02, on 15 May 2018 - 11:06 AM, said:

The last one I read was Babylons Ashes which was number 6.  I'll have to take a look to see if there's any others available

Okay, that was the last one I read too. I haven't had a chance to get to book 7, Persepolis Rising. I checked and book 8, Tiamat's Wrath, comes out December 4th this year.

We're getting this thread of course Del, so refer to my Book Readers thread for book talk. ;)

bazooka's Photo bazooka 15 May 2018

View PostATLien, on 14 May 2018 - 11:19 AM, said:

You gotta think so.  Considering the only reason he got with The Widow was because she could lead him to Sunny.  Now what......?

I was thinking maybe they CGI'd that shty
Since we're on the topic of a young Waldo and a very young Sunny....did you notice that when Waldo ordered him to take out the girl's eyes, he referred to him as Sunshine?   Coincidence, or is Sunny a nickname?

ATLien's Photo ATLien 15 May 2018

View Postbazooka, on 15 May 2018 - 10:50 PM, said:

Since we're on the topic of a young Waldo and a very young Sunny....did you notice that when Waldo ordered him to take out the girl's eyes, he referred to him as Sunshine?   Coincidence, or is Sunny a nickname?
He's called him Sunshine before on an ocassioon or two.  I never really read anything into it.

bazooka's Photo bazooka 17 May 2018

News on the 2nd season of Mr. Mercedes.  Jack Huston joins the cast!
http://www.denofgeek...ng-else-we-know

Pretty darn good show.  I think only myself and Mush are watching it.  You guys should give it a look.

bazooka's Photo bazooka 20 May 2018

Billions has taken an interesting turn this season. Axe and Pig Vomit have turned their sights away from each other for the time being.  They've decided to take on some much bigger game.  Shyt's about to get real.

ATLien's Photo ATLien 22 May 2018

Another solid episode of ITB.  I'm starting to think there is no Azra and it was probably destroyed and whatever survivors there were ended up being refugees.  Pilgrim rose to lead the refugees somehow and is now looking to claim a new land and make it the new Azra while getting rid of the last of the barons and smiting those who aren't down to get with the new Azra program.  Pilgrim appears to be the guy that's gonna be capable of getting Sunny his gift back, but their looks like their is gonna be some infighting with Pilgrim and his people that may prevent that from happening.  Oh, and The Widow still beat that kids azz despite him getting all black eyed on her.  I still don't fully trust Bajie either.

bazooka's Photo bazooka 22 May 2018

Castor.  Or Tommen Baratheon.  Lol
I think he's lost a lot of his power due to him dying, or he would have killed The Widow.  Also...i think she's kinda like Sunny, in that they both have the gift.  It's just dormant inside them.

Yes, this show keeps delivering.  A new twist every week.  Looks like Cressida will be in trouble for going behind Pilgrim's back.  Also interesting that Pilgrim is the one who got Bajie's signal.

ATLien's Photo ATLien 22 May 2018

View Postbazooka, on 22 May 2018 - 12:48 PM, said:

Castor.  Or Tommen Baratheon.  Lol
I think he's lost a lot of his power due to him dying, or he would have killed The Widow.  Also...i think she's kinda like Sunny, in that they both have the gift.  It's just dormant inside them.

Yes, this show keeps delivering.  A new twist every week.  Looks like Cressida will be in trouble for going behind Pilgrim's back.  Also interesting that Pilgrim is the one who got Bajie's signal.
I guess that would make sense. i dunno about the Widow though, when Chau caned her azz she probably would've turned if she was a dark one since she got her bleed on at that time.  I guess that shyt lays dormant in females with the gift when they're on the rag as well. lol  When she used to train with Bajie she didn't have the gift at the that time either.  If she does have it, she doesn't know it.

Yeah, that's why I'm thinking the city of Azra that the compass depicts is no more and Pilgrim may be speaking of it in more of a metaphorical sense and he may be what's left of Azra.  :unsure: