←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Krusher No More

El Juan's Photo El Juan 08 Aug 2018

View Post9secondko, on 08 August 2018 - 02:28 AM, said:



I donít know. Kov smacked him around the first time. Beterbiev could likely beat him prior to shoulder surgery. I havenít seen Bicol so who knows. And Alvarez could beat Ward as well.

Andre strategically plotted his way through the light heavyweight division, beat a blown up nobody, light punching Barrera, got a gift decision in the first Kov fight and had to resort to getting Kovalevs trainer to sell out his fighter in order to win the rematch.

It made no sense for him to retire when he did other than to avoid having to face Kovalev again as well as the rising talent.

Lol avoid fighting him a 3rd time? That fight wasnít even on the horizon.
Quote

True Fist's Photo True Fist 08 Aug 2018

We may get this rematch as early as December. If not, looks like Alvarez vs Bivol.
Quote

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 08 Aug 2018

View Postboxalettice, on 07 August 2018 - 11:15 PM, said:

He will most likely get KOed again
Iím not so sure, he is saying the rematch is coming so we will find out.
Quote

rayajr's Photo rayajr 08 Aug 2018

View Post9secondko, on 08 August 2018 - 02:25 AM, said:



Ward lost the first fight with Kov.

And it took some undershanded selling out of a fighter by a trainer for Ward to win the rematch. There are some huge asterisks there.

Ward should have taken a third fight. But he didnít and now heís retired. As it should be.
Lol.

You saw the third fight with Ward last  saturday cause Ward would have ktfo of Kovs just like Alvarez did.

How bad does it feel to watch Kovs not ever come close to what you thought he was? Lol.
Quote

rayajr's Photo rayajr 08 Aug 2018

View Postchewbie, on 08 August 2018 - 06:50 AM, said:


When every single thing in a post is 100% probably false.

The only place an asterisk belongs is next to your gender.
He wont even feel the burn but jhc you just ripped that poor kid a new one.
Quote

DePonce's Photo DePonce 10 Aug 2018

View Postchewbie, on 08 August 2018 - 06:50 AM, said:


When every single thing in a post is 100% probably false.

The only place an asterisk belongs is next to your gender.
:lol:
Quote

RickS's Photo RickS 13 Aug 2018

View PostEl Juan, on 07 August 2018 - 02:00 PM, said:

He looked a lot like RJJ with the way he held his gloves while on defense.

Roy trained him..
Quote

El Juan's Photo El Juan 13 Aug 2018

 RickS, on 13 August 2018 - 11:35 AM, said:



Roy trained him..

Yep. Roy keeps losing.
Quote

boxalettice 's Photo boxalettice 13 Aug 2018

 rayajr, on 08 August 2018 - 01:19 PM, said:


Lol.

You saw the third fight with Ward last  saturday cause Ward would have ktfo of Kovs just like Alvarez did.

How bad does it feel to watch Kovs not ever come close to what you thought he was? Lol.
You need to watch him in slow motion to appreciate him and his greatness
Quote

RickS's Photo RickS 14 Aug 2018

View PostEl Juan, on 13 August 2018 - 01:09 PM, said:

Yep. Roy keeps losing.

Better Roy is training than fighting!
Quote

True Fist's Photo True Fist 15 Aug 2018

 RickS, on 14 August 2018 - 11:44 AM, said:



Better Roy is training than fighting!

Roy was good in the corner. He kept his fighter up and positive, and gave good instructions. He was also honest towards the end of the fight telling him he needed a knockout to win.
Quote

RickS's Photo RickS Yesterday, 09:33 AM

View PostTrue Fist, on 15 August 2018 - 07:20 AM, said:

Roy was good in the corner. He kept his fighter up and positive, and gave good instructions. He was also honest towards the end of the fight telling him he needed a knockout to win.

I agree.  Roy is a good trainer.  I watched him work the corner of a female fighter of his after his fight with Bobby Gunn.
Quote

rayajr's Photo rayajr Yesterday, 12:43 PM

 RickS, on 17 August 2018 - 09:33 AM, said:



I agree.  Roy is a good trainer.  I watched him work the corner of a female fighter of his after his fight with Bobby Gunn.
Who won Roy vs Gunn?
Quote