←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Who Would Have Defeated Floyd?

Poll: Who would have defeated Floyd? (33 member(s) have cast votes)

Who would have defeated Floyd?

1. Manny Pacquiao at 130 (3 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

2. Roberto Duran at 135 (3 votes [9.09%])

3. Aaron Pryor at 140 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Sugar Ray Leonard at 147 (9 votes [27.27%])

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

5. Roy Jones at 154 (5 votes [15.15%])

Percentage of vote: 15.15%

6. All of em (8 votes [24.24%])

Percentage of vote: 24.24%

7. None of em (3 votes [9.09%])

8. Other (2 votes [6.06%])

Percentage of vote: 6.06%

Vote Guests cannot vote

rayajr's Photo rayajr 09 Apr 2018

View PostAmaru523, on 08 April 2018 - 12:44 PM, said:

Where's 135 Shane Mosley on this list?  An old, slow, washed up SSM almost knocked out Floyd in the 2nd round of their fight.  135 Shane could beat Floyd IMO, so much speed.
Floyd would have fought differently (and did when he was younger) had he faced THAT version of Shane.

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 09 Apr 2018

View PostATLien, on 09 April 2018 - 11:54 AM, said:

Stopped him like he stopped much lessor opponents at 147?
:lol:

Only guy he stopped at welter was looking the other way and decided to stay down rather than fight on.

ender's Photo ender 12 Apr 2018

View Postjohnnyblaze, on 02 March 2018 - 03:49 PM, said:

You'd think his promoter would be out there trying to land him a big fight next....oh wait, he doesn't have one.
Spence talking about a rematch with Brook at 154. Fighters out there promoting themselves because no one with vision or a plan is running their careers. The Charlos and Spence should be far bigger stars fighting in Texas on the regular.

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 12 Apr 2018

View Postender, on 12 April 2018 - 05:59 PM, said:

Spence talking about a rematch with Brook at 154. Fighters out there promoting themselves because no one with vision or a plan is running their careers. The Charlos and Spence should be far bigger stars fighting in Texas on the regular.
It's crazy how they allow themselves to be mishandled.

View Postjohnnyblaze, on 12 April 2018 - 06:20 PM, said:

It's crazy how they allow themselves to be mishandled.
Even Elvis had a shitty manager who limited his growth. Dude never toured Europe because The Colonel was an illegal immigrant. Good representation that fullfills all the needs and wants is hard to come by.

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 12 Apr 2018

View Postender, on 12 April 2018 - 06:33 PM, said:

Even Elvis had a shitty manager who limited his growth. Dude never toured Europe because The Colonel was an illegal immigrant. Good representation that fullfills all the needs and wants is hard to come by.
Maybe Errol and the Charlo twins haven't thanked Al Haymon enough.

View Postjohnnyblaze, on 12 April 2018 - 06:39 PM, said:

Maybe Errol and the Charlo twins haven't thanked Al Haymon enough.
I see it as an experiment in a new model. Everyone says AL is failing yet he doesn't do interviews so how the fuck do people know what his goal is? You kinda need to know that in order to decide if he has failed or not.

Al's guys make good money. Likely, they make better money from the start than most fighters. Are they ultimately leaving huge money on the table? Maybe. Or maybe this steady money will be the better play in the long run. Its rare for fighters to hit that superstar level. Look at GGG. He was a dud numbers-wise on PPV. It was spin city trying to explain his low numbers and what the projections were. For all his vaunted SoCal Mexicans fanbase, for all the cries of "He is doing better than Sergio," he is having to leave Vegas and PPV in order to be the A-side for this May 5 fight. He is scaling back instead of being able to be the guy in Vegas. As much as people claim he is boxing's face and flagship, the numbers and behaviour don't say that.

Promoting is not easy. And considering how few stars who end up keeping their money it has created, how fucked up in general the sport is, I am open to new models in the industry.

WhenWeWereKings's Photo WhenWeWereKings 13 Apr 2018

View Postender, on 12 April 2018 - 06:47 PM, said:

I see it as an experiment in a new model. Everyone says AL is failing yet he doesn't do interviews so how the fuck do people know what his goal is? You kinda need to know that in order to decide if he has failed or not.

Al's guys make good money. Likely, they make better money from the start than most fighters. Are they ultimately leaving huge money on the table? Maybe. Or maybe this steady money will be the better play in the long run. Its rare for fighters to hit that superstar level. Look at GGG. He was a dud numbers-wise on PPV. It was spin city trying to explain his low numbers and what the projections were. For all his vaunted SoCal Mexicans fanbase, for all the cries of "He is doing better than Sergio," he is having to leave Vegas and PPV in order to be the A-side for this May 5 fight. He is scaling back instead of being able to be the guy in Vegas. As much as people claim he is boxing's face and flagship, the numbers and behaviour don't say that.

Promoting is not easy. And considering how few stars who end up keeping their money it has created, how fucked up in general the sport is, I am open to new models in the industry.
This is a very good post.  Promoters just donít do the work they used to. Eddie Hearn is pretty active on social media and very accessible but heís one of the few. And Iím not suggesting heís the top dog. King and Arum are both old, Oscars a strung out drag queen and Lou DiBella is more interested in calling out Trump on twitter it seems.

I know the UFC isnít perfect but Iíd love to see boxing follow that formula for 5 years and see if things improve.

crakaveli's Photo crakaveli 13 Apr 2018

View PostAmaru523, on 08 April 2018 - 12:44 PM, said:

Where's 135 Shane Mosley on this list?  An old, slow, washed up SSM almost knocked out Floyd in the 2nd round of their fight.  135 Shane could beat Floyd IMO, so much speed.

You mean roided Mosley?

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 13 Apr 2018

View Postender, on 12 April 2018 - 06:47 PM, said:

Good post, fucker :angry2:

View PostWhenWeWereKings, on 13 April 2018 - 08:58 AM, said:

This is a very good post.  Promoters just donít do the work they used to. Eddie Hearn is pretty active on social media and very accessible but heís one of the few. And Iím not suggesting heís the top dog. King and Arum are both old, Oscars a strung out drag queen and Lou DiBella is more interested in calling out Trump on twitter it seems.

I know the UFC isnít perfect but Iíd love to see boxing follow that formula for 5 years and see if things improve.
I think Todd has done an excellent job of moving TR forward with the ESPN deal. Loeffler has also done good work with making GGG a known commodity from out of virtually no where. He has also provided Chocolatito with good exposure to American audiences. I'm curious how his new enterprise will go.

WhenWeWereKings's Photo WhenWeWereKings 13 Apr 2018

View Postjohnnyblaze, on 13 April 2018 - 02:35 PM, said:

I think Todd has done an excellent job of moving TR forward with the ESPN deal. Loeffler has also done good work with making GGG a known commodity from out of virtually no where. He has also provided Chocolatito with good exposure to American audiences. I'm curious how his new enterprise will go.
Loeffler was involved with the Klitschkoís right?

View PostWhenWeWereKings, on 13 April 2018 - 03:49 PM, said:

Loeffler was involved with the Klitschkoís right?
Yep, he runs K2 and GGG Promotions. He recently started his own firm, 360 Promotions, where he can sign new fighters.