←  The Lounge

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Tv Shows Thread: Into The Badlands, Preac...

bazooka's Photo bazooka 18 Sep 2018

View PostWhenWeWereKings, on 18 September 2018 - 08:05 PM, said:

It's his sidekick lawyer pal. Can't stand him.
he's a nerd but i don't mind him. Only time i wanted to punch his face in was when he found out that Matt is DD.  Dude chewed him out for an episode or two as if Matt had just stolen his woman.  STFU already bitch.  Your bestie is a fucking hero, and you're crying like a cunt about it???

The Akbar One's Photo The Akbar One 21 Sep 2018

Snowfall is top notch

ATLien's Photo ATLien 21 Sep 2018

The Akbar One, on 21 September 2018 - 05:03 PM, said:

Snowfall is top notch
Season 2 has been damn good  http://forums.doghou...howtopic=193423

The Akbar One's Photo The Akbar One 25 Sep 2018

Gomorrah Season 3 is top notch as well.

bazooka's Photo bazooka Today, 09:30 AM

Into the Badlands is still waiting on cancellations news. AMC has not yet decided whether they will air the final 8 episodes.

This shit pisses me off. This show is FAR better than The Walking Dead. It still gets more than 3 times the ratings of that Lodge 49 show that they just picked up for season 2.

True Fist's Photo True Fist Today, 09:43 AM

That would suck! If AMC does cancel it, maybe Amazon, Netflix, or Hulu can pick it up?

I have no interest in Lodge 49 at all.

ATLien's Photo ATLien Today, 09:47 AM

Whoa!! That show MUST come back. Now that being cancelled would really bother me.  There's way too much good shyt going on in terms of the direction of the show that I want to see play out. That show was peaking imo.  Well I'll wait for something official and hold out.  

I haven't hear anything on Precher.  I could see that show getting axed too.  I still like it though but I don't know if their ratings ever improved.

bazooka's Photo bazooka Today, 09:48 AM

True Fist, on 18 October 2018 - 09:43 AM, said:

That would suck! If AMC does cancel it, maybe Amazon, Netflix, or Hulu can pick it up?

I have no interest in Lodge 49 at all.
I am guessing that the production cost of into the Badlands hurts it. Whereas Lodge 49 likely has lower production costs.
Also, Paul Giamatti is the producer or director of Lodge 49. He carries more weight in Hollywood than the people who are behind Into the Badlands.
So these faggy critics who help bolster shows are gonna side with Lodge, even though critical acclaim for ITB has improved from season 1 significantly. It just hasn't translated into better ratings.

ATLien's Photo ATLien Today, 10:02 AM

View Postbazooka, on 18 October 2018 - 09:48 AM, said:

I am guessing that the production cost of into the Badlands hurts it. Whereas Lodge 49 likely has lower production costs.
Also, Paul Giamatti is the producer or director of Lodge 49. He carries more weight in Hollywood than the people who are behind Into the Badlands.
So these faggy critics who help bolster shows are gonna side with Lodge, even though critical acclaim for ITB has improved from season 1 significantly. It just hasn't translated into better ratings.
Good point considering some of the locations where they do the filming.  I imagine it's not a cheap show.  Aside from the first few episodes TWD was in some bumpkin town here in GA aside from make up, and actors salaries it may not have been too costly in comparison as well.

True Fist's Photo True Fist Today, 10:13 AM

Any of you guys watch The Man in the High Castle on Amazon? I'm halfway into season two and am enjoying it.

ATLien's Photo ATLien Today, 10:48 AM

View PostTrue Fist, on 18 October 2018 - 10:13 AM, said:

Any of you guys watch The Man in the High Castle on Amazon? I'm halfway into season two and am enjoying it.
Have yet to watch any Amazon shows yet.

bazooka's Photo bazooka Today, 11:52 AM

ATLien, on 18 October 2018 - 10:48 AM, said:

Have yet to watch any Amazon shows yet.
Not even the show about power tools?

ATLien's Photo ATLien Today, 12:27 PM

View Postbazooka, on 18 October 2018 - 11:52 AM, said:

Not even the show about power tools?
:D Not even that one.