←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Billy Joe Saunders Pops Hot

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 04 Oct 2018

There is a strong likelihood this fight goes on, but to pretend this is a big ‘nothing burger’ is naive.

Menty's Photo Menty 09 Oct 2018

So the MSAC deny Saunders a license and he responds via speakerphone to the commission telling them they can “suck my prick”

Silly Billy, but it all smells a bit odd - what with his B sample being tested negative, the MSAC officially following WADA/USADA rules (which permit use of the stimulant BJS took out of competition) and having previously ruled in favor of UFC fighters on that basis, combined with the fact that Andrade trains with Victor Conte, it’s a Hearn promotion and the whole Hearn-Warren beef.

Having said that Saunders should’ve been aware that this nasal spray is not allowed under any circumstances under VADA rules so he only has himself to blame.

It’s a shame because now we’ll see another Hearn fighter picking up a belt against an unknown and unworthy opponent when Saunders-Andrade promised to be an intriguing matchup.

The Akbar One's Photo The Akbar One 09 Oct 2018

Saunders is aiming to be a Golovkin opponent. He doesn't get that big money fight after Andrade beats him. Calculated move by Saunders.

stevieb_8006's Photo stevieb_8006 10 Oct 2018

The Akbar One, on 09 October 2018 - 06:24 PM, said:

Saunders is aiming to be a Golovkin opponent. He doesn't get that big money fight after Andrade beats him. Calculated move by Saunders.
that has to be a joke

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 10 Oct 2018

Menty, on 03 October 2018 - 04:47 AM, said:

So as expected it looks as though the MSAC will most likely stick to the rules of the official antidoping body WADA and not those of some unofficial third party organization with strong associations to drug cheat Conte.

“The Commission adheres to the Prohibited List published by the World Anti-doping Agency for anti-doping standards. Use of any substance identified on the Prohibited List by any unarmed combatant licensed or seeking licensure by the Commission is prohibited.

“Pursuant to the MSAC regulations, 523 CMR 20, the Commission or its designee may require, at any time either before or after a match, an unarmed combatant to undergo a test for use of illegal drugs or other performance enhancing substances as identified on the Prohibited List issued by the World Anti-doping Agency.”

https://www.thesun.i...da-affiliation/
:lol:

delroy02's Photo delroy02 10 Oct 2018

The nazal spray excuse has been done before, pretty sure that resulted in a ban.

I read that he took the decision well.

Menty's Photo Menty 10 Oct 2018

johnnyblaze, on 04 October 2018 - 10:08 AM, said:

There is a strong likelihood this fight goes on

#PredictionKing :lol:

Menty, on 10 October 2018 - 02:09 PM, said:

#PredictionKing :lol:
Almost as good as you thinking the positive test meant nothing due to UKAD. El oh el

Menty, on 03 October 2018 - 04:47 AM, said:

So as expected it looks as though the MSAC will most likely stick to the rules of the official antidoping body WADA and not those of some unofficial third party organization

Menty's Photo Menty 11 Oct 2018

View Postjohnnyblaze, on 10 October 2018 - 02:42 PM, said:

Almost as good as you thinking the positive test meant nothing due to UKAD. El oh el

Nope, I just quoted the MSAC regs that state they follow WADA - but obviously not in this case

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 11 Oct 2018

View PostMenty, on 11 October 2018 - 01:04 AM, said:

Nope, I just quoted the MSAC regs that state they follow WADA - but obviously not in this case
Right, which led many to believe the fight would likely go on, as I stated.

Menty's Photo Menty 11 Oct 2018

As I predicted it’s gonna get messy.

https://talksport.co...rs-eddie-hearn/

Frank Warren says Billy Joe Saunders will sue over cancelled USA fight and slams Eddie Hearn’s Matchroom
The English fighter is taking his case to the Supreme Court, after he was denied a boxing licence over a controversial drugs test

Frank Warren has revealed to talkSPORT Billy Joe Saunders plans to sue for loss of earnings after being ‘unfairly’ denied a licence for his planned title fight against Demetrius Andrade.

The promoter has also blasted rival Eddie Hearn and Matchroom Sport, accusing them of deliberately remaining ‘neutral’ about the decision to financially gain from Saunders’ predicament.

The 29-year-old was scheduled to defend his WBO middleweight world title against Andrade – represented by Hearn – on October 20 in Boston.

However, the Massachusetts State Athletic Commission have refused to sanction the bout after Saunders failed a voluntary drugs test.

But Warren has called foul play on the decision, insisting the stimulant oxilofrine – claimed to be from a nasal spray – is allowed out of competition and that Saunders has subsequently tested clean several times since.

The promoter has now told talkSPORT Saunders will take his case to the Supreme Court and is planning to sue for a loss on income, with reports claiming he has missed out on a multi-million dollar payday as a result of the decision.

Speaking on Thursday’s Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast, Warren explained: “The Massachusetts State Athletic commission, whose jurisdiction the fight takes place under, at their hearing yesterday they had said they had grounds for denial of his application for a license.

“They referred to a prohibited list which is published by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) and they applied that to deny him a licence.

“But the test was done by VADA, the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association. The substance they found in their test is prohibited by them, but under WADA it is allowed out of competition, which is up until the day before the fight.

“It was a nasal spray!

“VADA bans everything. They are not recognised in Great Britian, they are not recognised by UK Anti-Doping (UKAD) and they are not recognised by the British Boxing Board of Control.

“Massachusetts have not even applied their own disciplinary regulations correctly, so obviously Bill will appeal and the appeal will go to the Supreme Court. He will be suing them for any loss of earnings.

“The tests they are referring to took place in August, but since then Bill has had subsequent tests which have all come back negative. It’s ridiculous. It’s stupid where we are at with this.

“If the fight was taking place in the UK, it wouldn’t be a problem.

“Can we take it somewhere else? I would if I was the promoter, but I’m not, the promoter is Matchroom.

“Their fighter is Andrade who is challenging, so they want to keep it there because it keeps Bill out.

“It stops Bill from getting paid quite a substantial purse and they can bring this guy in from Africa [Namibian fighter Walter Kautondokwa has replaced Saunders for the fight, which is going ahead in Boston] who they are probably paying $100,000, so it suits them financially.

“They have said publicly they were supporting Bill and they wanted the fight, yet I’ve got a letter from them privately saying they were going to be neutral on the position.

“From a business perspective I see where they are at, but it’s not fair on Billy Joe Saunders that he has defended his title three or four times and he’s in this position.”

:lol:

It won’t even make it to court. He violated a contract that he signed. End of.

“BJ Saunders has voluntarily vacated the WBO Middleweight Title, and publicly apologized for his violation of the Massachusetts Athletic Commission's anti-doping regulations. Therefore, the clash between Demetrius Andrade and Walter Kautondonkwa scheduled for October 20th will now be for the vacant world crown," Valcarcel said.
“Also, I will recommend to the WBO Executive Committee that Saunders receives a six month suspension for his transgression”.