←  The Lounge

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

At What Age Will You Let Your Kid Smoke Weed?

bazooka's Photo bazooka 12 Sep 2018

El Juan, on 12 September 2018 - 09:54 PM, said:

Everyone in here doesn't believe the Bible is the word of God. Your example has a lot of holes.

El Juan, on 12 September 2018 - 09:55 PM, said:

All of them are sins.
:lol:

boxalettice 's Photo boxalettice 12 Sep 2018

stevieb_8006, on 12 September 2018 - 07:58 AM, said:

see that's the problem. At  no point did I criticise Christians I merely pointed out that organised religion wasn't really necessary  to follow Christ's teachings, at no point did I reject the new Testament either, i've read lots of religious texts (the Bhagavad Gita, Tao te Ching etc)  and wouldn't shun the new Testament. for some reason you have got defensive and are spoiling for a fight when I was simply after theological debate and conversation. And I would ask you, what did I do that was so bad for Jesus to pay the price? I wasn't even there. I wasn't even born. Why is all the relentless guilt necessary?  Why do I have to be held accountable for other peoples sin?  I thought he was meant to be a loving God? It's almost as it as if it has been designed by man to keep people in their place and keep them down rather than realise their own divinity.  After all if the way to God is searching within, what do we need the church for exactly?  It's almost like they don't want you to speak to God directly yourself, basically you have to pay via them for the privilege.  And that's not an attack on Christians individually, I'm sure there are some really good ones out and I've met a few. But given that more matters have been committed in the name of holy books than anything else in the world since the beginning of time, perhaps it's time we looked at another way of doing things? just a thought.
I'm A bible believing Christian and I don't attend any church. Most all churches are a part of the mystery Babylon religion. Sun worship is a big part of the Catholic religion yet most church goers don't understand because they lack wisdom Knowledge and understanding. Sad

WhenWeWereKings's Photo WhenWeWereKings 12 Sep 2018

boxalettice, on 12 September 2018 - 11:41 PM, said:

I'm A bible believing Christian and I don't attend any church. Most all churches are a part of the mystery Babylon religion. Sun worship is a big part of the Catholic religion yet most church goers don't understand because they lack wisdom Knowledge and understanding. Sad
What in the fuck are you talking about, Boxa?

stevieb_8006's Photo stevieb_8006 13 Sep 2018

it doesnt strike you as strange that the story of christ was told several times predating his supposed era? The 42 laws of maat are clearly the inspiration for the 10 commandments.

Jack Tripper's Photo Jack Tripper 13 Sep 2018

What you believe in is just as insane and just as fake as the type of Christianity Jon believes in.

Jack Tripper's Photo Jack Tripper 13 Sep 2018

stevieb_8006, on 13 September 2018 - 01:54 AM, said:

it doesnt strike you as strange that the story of christ was told several times predating his supposed era? The 42 laws of maat are clearly the inspiration for the 10 commandments.
Yup, religion evolved right along with people.

El Juan's Photo El Juan 13 Sep 2018

So what do you say when the Bible says not to forsake the assembly of other Christians?

boxalettice 's Photo boxalettice 13 Sep 2018

Jack Tripper, on 13 September 2018 - 01:55 AM, said:

What you believe in is just as insane and just as fake as the type of Christianity Jon believes in.
Barf on your and evolution Jack Off 69.

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 13 Sep 2018

Jon mark is ignorant to all of that, willful or otherwise.

johnnyblaze, on 13 September 2018 - 03:53 PM, said:

Jon mark is ignorant to all of that, willful or otherwise.

All lies

There is little surviving literature that describes the practice of Ancient Egyptian law. Maat was the spirit in which justice was applied rather than a detailed legalistic exposition of rules as in Jewish law. Which would make one think that there was no real list of commandments. This brings us to the question of where these supposed “commandments” came from. The list you have provided are derived from the Papyrus of Ani which dates to around 1240BC. Depending on how it is calculated, it is believed that Moses received the 10 commandments between 1513BC and 1446BC which is almost 200-300 years before the Papyrus of Ani.

To me it just means the Egyptians must have thought the 10 commandments were a good idea and expanded on them for their own use.

boxalettice 's Photo boxalettice 13 Sep 2018

B.S.

stevieb_8006's Photo stevieb_8006 14 Sep 2018

El Juan, on 13 September 2018 - 06:20 PM, said:

There is little surviving literature that describes the practice of Ancient Egyptian law. Maat was the spirit in which justice was applied rather than a detailed legalistic exposition of rules as in Jewish law. Which would make one think that there was no real list of commandments. This brings us to the question of where these supposed "commandments" came from. The list you have provided are derived from the Papyrus of Ani which dates to around 1240BC. Depending on how it is calculated, it is believed that Moses received the 10 commandments between 1513BC and 1446BC which is almost 200-300 years before the Papyrus of Ani.

To me it just means the Egyptians must have thought the 10 commandments were a good idea and expanded on them for their own use.
interesting. bravo. well researched.