←  The Lounge

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Drakes Fire In The Booth!

stevieb_8006's Photo stevieb_8006 15 Jul 2018

So he came to the UK and dropped a Fire In The Booth. Whats your opinion of it? I personally think its dead, if it was a UK artist everyone would be slating it over here but cos its drake its being fawned over. I dont think it would make it in the top 30 of all the Fire In The Booth Freestyles.

Why is he so popular? His flow is shit and he dooesnt even write his own rhymes,

https://www.youtube....531652183164386
Quote

bazooka's Photo bazooka 15 Jul 2018

I never understood why he is so popular either.  He stinks.
Quote

Johnny Hopper's Photo Johnny Hopper 15 Jul 2018

Irritates me that Freestyle has turned into "lyrics that I wrote and haven't yet put to music and I'll pretend that I'm making them up as I go"
Quote

stevieb_8006's Photo stevieb_8006 15 Jul 2018

View PostJohnny Hopper, on 15 July 2018 - 06:27 AM, said:

Irritates me that Freestyle has turned into "lyrics that I wrote and haven't yet put to music and I'll pretend that I'm making them up as I go"
yeah nothings off the top anymore is it? Its all pre written. tho tbf its led to good content over here (fire in the booth is a great platform for talent)
Quote

ReggieJay's Photo ReggieJay 18 Jul 2018

Both pop critics and rap critics all over have written long thinkpieces about Drake and why he's popular. The TL;DR version, I think, is that Drake is a rapper/singer of moderate skills who has a near-perfect grasp of image and appeal, carrying himself in the media like a swaggering rap star but performing mostly like a sensitive pop star. There's more to it than that--that he appeals more to women than men is certainly a big part of it--but that's the gist IMO.
Quote

stevieb_8006's Photo stevieb_8006 18 Jul 2018

View PostReggieJay, on 18 July 2018 - 06:15 AM, said:

Both pop critics and rap critics all over have written long thinkpieces about Drake and why he's popular. The TL;DR version, I think, is that Drake is a rapper/singer of moderate skills who has a near-perfect grasp of image and appeal, carrying himself in the media like a swaggering rap star but performing mostly like a sensitive pop star. There's more to it than that--that he appeals more to women than men is certainly a big part of it--but that's the gist IMO.
in that vid he comes across as a right tourist, trying to sound like skepta.  Cant stand how Charlie fawns over him just cos hes thrown him a bone. Its a shocking Fire In The Booth.
Quote

rayajr's Photo rayajr 18 Jul 2018

View PostReggieJay, on 18 July 2018 - 06:15 AM, said:

Both pop critics and rap critics all over have written long thinkpieces about Drake and why he's popular. The TL;DR version, I think, is that Drake is a rapper/singer of moderate skills who has a near-perfect grasp of image and appeal, carrying himself in the media like a swaggering rap star but performing mostly like a sensitive pop star. There's more to it than that--that he appeals more to women than men is certainly a big part of it--but that's the gist IMO.
Thats a pretty good description of what drake is.
Quote

Sugar_Dean_Cuntly's Photo Sugar_Dean_Cuntly 19 Jul 2018

View PostReggieJay, on 18 July 2018 - 06:15 AM, said:

Both pop critics and rap critics all over have written long thinkpieces about Drake and why he's popular. The TL;DR version, I think, is that Drake is a rapper/singer of moderate skills who has a near-perfect grasp of image and appeal, carrying himself in the media like a swaggering rap star but performing mostly like a sensitive pop star. There's more to it than that--that he appeals more to women than men is certainly a big part of it--but that's the gist IMO.

A shitty rap version of Prince
Quote

boxalettice 's Photo boxalettice 19 Jul 2018

View PostSugar_Dean_Cuntly, on 19 July 2018 - 12:19 AM, said:



A shitty rap version of Prince
He's good at rapping on other guys Mike's he's a total fag
Quote

Sugar_Dean_Cuntly's Photo Sugar_Dean_Cuntly 19 Jul 2018

View Postboxalettice, on 19 July 2018 - 01:07 AM, said:

He's good at rapping on other guys Mike's he's a total fag

Did he steal your Mike?
Quote

boxalettice 's Photo boxalettice 19 Jul 2018

View PostSugar_Dean_Cuntly, on 19 July 2018 - 04:28 AM, said:



Did he steal your Mike?
No he Mounted you and got you in touch with your feminine side. God Bless
Quote

ReggieJay's Photo ReggieJay 19 Jul 2018

View Poststevieb_8006, on 18 July 2018 - 08:26 AM, said:

in that vid he comes across as a right tourist, trying to sound like skepta.  Cant stand how Charlie fawns over him just cos hes thrown him a bone. Its a shocking Fire In The Booth.

That Charlie dude yells a lot. It's kinda rough. This one, though:

Quote

stevieb_8006's Photo stevieb_8006 20 Jul 2018

View PostReggieJay, on 19 July 2018 - 08:27 PM, said:

That Charlie dude yells a lot. It's kinda rough. This one, though:

yeah hes well known for being over the top and heavy on the effects buttons.  Hes becoming a bit of a national tressure. This one is considered the best lyrically. deep subject matter. Both piss over Drakes.
https://www.youtube....h?v=sEOKgjoxoto
Quote