←  The Lounge

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Better Call Saul. Anybody Watching?

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 17 Aug 2018

Johnny Hopper, on 17 August 2018 - 04:49 PM, said:

Yeah he's not a people person for sure, but he certainly did try in his own way to help Chuck and I think he was pulling for Jimmy to be given a spot with the firm until Chuck screwed that up.

I remember he had all the employees line up when Chuck came in to cheer him in the door, turned the power off etc... Those aren't the moves of a bad guy. He was of course less hospitable to Jimmy, but nowhere near so much as Chuck himself.

Chuck was a dickhead, he's in a better place.

But I do like that nobody is really the good guy here. Certainly not Jimmy. He's the primary cause for Chuck offing himself ( granted he had reasons to do what he did )
That dog and pony show didnít fool me either. Hamlinís every move was to benefit no one but himself in the long run.

ATLien's Photo ATLien 17 Aug 2018

Johnny Hopper, on 17 August 2018 - 04:49 PM, said:

Yeah he's not a people person for sure, but he certainly did try in his own way to help Chuck and I think he was pulling for Jimmy to be given a spot with the firm until Chuck screwed that up.

I remember he had all the employees line up when Chuck came in to cheer him in the door, turned the power off etc... Those aren't the moves of a bad guy. He was of course less hospitable to Jimmy, but nowhere near so much as Chuck himself.

Chuck was a dickhead, he's in a better place.

But I do like that nobody is really the good guy here. Certainly not Jimmy. He's the primary cause for Chuck offing himself ( granted he had reasons to do what he did )
I didn't really think anything of the way Hamlin presented his thoughts on Chuck's death until Kim provided her electric rebuttal on the matter.  An unexpected death is bad enough as it is.  Suicide compounds the shyt situation even more so.  It's really some heavy shyt to lay on someone.  I've personally been though a couple myself.  It can really be some  tough water to negotiate.

Johnny Hopper's Photo Johnny Hopper 17 Aug 2018

ATLien, on 17 August 2018 - 05:00 PM, said:

I didn't really think anything of the way Hamlin presented his thoughts on Chuck's death until Kim provided her electric rebuttal on the matter.  An unexpected death is bad enough as it is.  Suicide compounds the shyt situation even more so.  It's really some heavy shyt to lay on someone.  I've personally been though a couple myself.  It can really be some  tough water to negotiate.

Indeed it can, I think it's a credit to the writers that they were able to come up with a speech for her to give Hamlin that made you feel like he was more of a bad guy in Chuck's death than Jimmy was or that his motives for disclosing his responsibility was self serving.

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 17 Aug 2018

ATLien, on 17 August 2018 - 05:00 PM, said:

Really? Hamlinís every move is well calculated mane.

ATLien's Photo ATLien 09 Oct 2018

Another good season.  A couple of highlights for me.  Gus is a severely shrewd bastid.  Used his enemies (the Salamenca nephews) to take out his competition.  Kept Hector Salamenca alive, and got him just enough rehab to make him suffer.  I thought they might dig into Howard's falling apart a bit more, unless Jimmy's "pep talk" made him snap himself back together by the end of the season.  I didn't think Nacho would be alive at the end of this season.  We fully see why Jimmy said "phuck it all" and became Saul.  Zee German was an idiot, guess the cabin fever got to him too much.  Guess you can't question his love for his wife.  Now he's gonna have to wait some more to see her.  It really seemed to pain Mike to have to do that. (still sucks to know Mike of all people is dead) Just wondering who finished/finishes the job.  This show makes you realize how absolutely amazing the shyt Walter White pulled off was.

bazooka's Photo bazooka 09 Oct 2018

Nope. I am still not watching

WhenWeWereKings's Photo WhenWeWereKings 10 Oct 2018

View PostATLien, on 09 October 2018 - 12:02 PM, said:

Another good season.  A couple of highlights for me.  Gus is a severely shrewd bastid.  Used his enemies (the Salamenca nephews) to take out his competition.  Kept Hector Salamenca alive, and got him just enough rehab to make him suffer.  I thought they might dig into Howard's falling apart a bit more, unless Jimmy's "pep talk" made him snap himself back together by the end of the season.  I didn't think Nacho would be alive at the end of this season.  We fully see why Jimmy said "phuck it all" and became Saul.  Zee German was an idiot, guess the cabin fever got to him too much.  Guess you can't question his love for his wife.  Now he's gonna have to wait some more to see her.  It really seemed to pain Mike to have to do that. (still sucks to know Mike of all people is dead) Just wondering who finished/finishes the job.  This show makes you realize how absolutely amazing the shyt Walter White pulled off was.
Great season. Really enjoyed the going ons between Mike, Gus and zee germans.

The transformation of Jimmy to Saul was awesome.

El Juan's Photo El Juan 10 Oct 2018

She was not happy with his fake emotions.

ATLien's Photo ATLien 10 Oct 2018

View PostEl Juan, on 10 October 2018 - 09:27 AM, said:

She was not happy with his fake emotions.
Yeah, she seemed really disappointed because she thought he was being real. I thought this would be the season they broke up.

El Juan's Photo El Juan 10 Oct 2018

View PostATLien, on 10 October 2018 - 09:43 AM, said:

Yeah, she seemed really disappointed because she thought he was being real. I thought this would be the season they broke up.

I donít recall mention of her in the Breaking Bad series, but I wasnít looking for that then either. Was there any reference to her?

ATLien's Photo ATLien 10 Oct 2018

View PostEl Juan, on 10 October 2018 - 09:45 AM, said:

I donít recall mention of her in the Breaking Bad series, but I wasnít looking for that then either. Was there any reference to her?
None what so ever as far as I can remember.

WhenWeWereKings's Photo WhenWeWereKings 10 Oct 2018

View PostATLien, on 10 October 2018 - 09:43 AM, said:

I think theyíre done, now.