←  The Lounge

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

The Mlb Thread

Willikn's Photo Willikn Yesterday, 11:42 AM

View Postbazooka, on 17 October 2018 - 11:30 AM, said:

Max managed to throw in a comment that Mike Trout might be the greatest ever. Smfh

The greatest what?

Willikn's Photo Willikn Yesterday, 11:51 AM

If he meant to say, "The greatest post PED era baseball player", I'm going Bonds all day every day.

Trout gets a lot of extra love for leading MLB in walks with 122.

Guess how many times Babe beat that number in a season.  Hint:  more than nine with a career high of 170

I wonder what Mike's career ERA is?  Babe's being 2.28 in the regular season.  Drops to 0.87 for 3-0 in World Series play.

bazooka's Photo bazooka Yesterday, 11:57 AM

Willikn, on 17 October 2018 - 11:42 AM, said:

The greatest what?
"In this era the greatest player of the era who might also be also be the best ever, is Mike Trout."

Willikn's Photo Willikn Yesterday, 12:14 PM

View PostJacksun.Axe.shun, on 17 October 2018 - 11:57 AM, said:

In witch this era the greatest player of the era in which who might also be also be the best ever, is Mike Trout.  

Yup.  Him and poo hole

bazooka's Photo bazooka Yesterday, 12:17 PM

Willikn, on 17 October 2018 - 12:14 PM, said:

Yup.  Him and poo hole

Not sure I've seen anybody want to crown every modern great as the greatest ever more than Max Kellerman does.

Willikn's Photo Willikn Yesterday, 01:59 PM

View Postbazooka, on 17 October 2018 - 12:17 PM, said:

Not sure I've seen anybody want to crown every modern great as the greatest ever more than Max Kellerman does.

I remember when...

Poo Hole was the greatest ever.  
Ladainian Tomlinson was the greatest football player ever.  No kidding.  
Kobe Bryant was the greatest ever.  Again, no kidding.
Barry Bonds was the greatest ever.  Actually, this wasn't too far off.  This guy has a strong case for top 5 offensive players.  I could argue him in or out of the top five and feel good about my position.

Peyton Manning was the best ever and now he's probably third in his own generation.  That assumes Rodgers isn't in Peyton's generation, cause if he is, Peyton may be 4th when we are done.

Ben Rape was the goat Raper and we now know that to be false.  Bill Cosby crushed him outta nowhere.

bazooka's Photo bazooka Yesterday, 07:08 PM

Tough to win games when the MVP plays like the worst player on the planet for the series.
I seriously don't think that Yelich has hit the ball out of the infield any of the five games so far. Maybe tonight? I am just tuning in right now but I know he did have a strikeout during a rally inning