←  The Lounge

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Nhl Playoffs

bazooka's Photo bazooka 05 Jun 2018

jimbag, on 05 June 2018 - 05:19 PM, said:

I'm okay with either team winning, too. But as soon as we were halfway into the first period of game one, I knew I wanted Vegas to win. Still do, but it doesn't look good.

It's kind of like the Indians Cubs series, whoever won was gonna break a long string of bad luck. Here either team is gonna win their first.

Go Leafs Go.
Yes.  I really wanted Cleveland to win as well. It's too bad because Cleveland has played well enough to win on a couple of occasions in the World Series. Man they had some loaded teams in the 90s

Chance's Photo Chance 05 Jun 2018

Been seeing Washington has the most 3-1 series losses of any team in playoff history.

Perhaps there's a chance :)

jimbag's Photo jimbag 05 Jun 2018

Chance, on 05 June 2018 - 06:10 PM, said:

Been seeing Washington has the most 3-1 series losses of any team in playoff history.

Perhaps there's a chance :)
It ain't over. They almost choked against the Leafs in the first round last year.

Not many teams come back 3-1, but a win at home closes the gap.

DePonce's Photo DePonce 07 Jun 2018

Yessss!  Nice championship for the DMV area.

Chance's Photo Chance 08 Jun 2018

Gotta tip the cap to the caps. They definitely deserved it. Came down to the moment just being to big for the Knights. Iím not concerned for our future in the least.

DePonce's Photo DePonce 08 Jun 2018

WTF so the parade is at 11am on a Tuesday.  So I guess we will not be going.

Johnny Hopper's Photo Johnny Hopper 08 Jun 2018

Chance, on 08 June 2018 - 12:32 AM, said:

Gotta tip the cap to the caps. They definitely deserved it. Came down to the moment just being to big for the Knights. I'm not concerned for our future in the least.

This is in no way an I told you say, but that was one of my concerns. There is a difference between the elites in each conference and with the Knights, it seems like they were faster and more flashy. Caps seem to come from a few rounds of smash mouth old school physical hockey.

I saw The caps ability to maintain possession and limit turnovers, which is what generated most of our offense. They scouted us well

Johnny Hopper's Photo Johnny Hopper 08 Jun 2018

Chance, on 08 June 2018 - 06:47 PM, said:

I saw The caps ability to maintain possession and limit turnovers, which is what generated most of our offense. They scouted us well

Yeah, their possession killed us. I swear it felt like 80% of the game took place right in front of our net.

Johnny Hopper, on 08 June 2018 - 08:51 PM, said:

Yeah, their possession killed us. I swear it felt like 80% of the game took place right in front of our net.
where they really executed against us was when we were on the forecheck. Their precise passing and handling completely negated our ability to force turnovers in their zone. It was a clinic back there