BoxingFan's Photo BoxingFan 12 Apr 2018

hitman_hatton1, on 12 April 2018 - 09:10 AM, said:

forget the world cup.

tyson fury is back. :D

manchester arena.

he's even trending on twitter.

press conference.

https://www.youtube....6&v=BjtEPeTJtmw

I had forgotten the World Cup. I was about to correct you that it wasn't a World Cup year. :lol:

My focus at the moment is on The Crucible.

stevieb_8006's Photo stevieb_8006 12 Apr 2018

Im glad he looks so well and healthy, regardless of who he fights and what he achieves. hes a nice guy when not playing up to the cameras. He should go for the WBA regular and have at least 3 soft touches.

Sugar_Dean_Cuntly's Photo Sugar_Dean_Cuntly 13 Apr 2018

I think the worst thing that could happen to Fury's hype is for him to come back and for the public at large to see him fight. He cracks me up but fuck me can he be dull in the ring.

hitman_hatton1's Photo hitman_hatton1 13 Apr 2018

that shutting down the itv reporter was funny.

https://www.youtube....h?v=hI4nj6LkskY

terminated. :D

crakaveli's Photo crakaveli 13 Apr 2018

He's so overrated, I'm glad he's back so the casuals on twitter can see he's not the second coming of Ali :rolleyes:

stevieb_8006's Photo stevieb_8006 13 Apr 2018

View PostSugar_Dean_Cuntly, on 13 April 2018 - 05:01 AM, said:

I think the worst thing that could happen to Fury's hype is for him to come back and for the public at large to see him fight. He cracks me up but fuck me can he be dull in the ring.
I dispute that. his career was thrill a minute pre chisora 2. Rocked by Cunningham, Firtha and Pajkik. Went Life and Death with big john b4 dramatically stopping him in the rematch. Fought entire Rogan fight Southpaw.  Even the Chisora rematch was a great display of skills.

He boxed to orders vs Hammer so as not to risk the Wlad fight, and did what he needed to in Germany against all odds inc cheating. And off the back of that the johnny come latelys say hes "boring". OK hes not a KO Artist like Wilder or AJ, but hes been entertaining.

BoxingFan's Photo BoxingFan 13 Apr 2018

View Posthitman_hatton1, on 13 April 2018 - 05:16 AM, said:

that shutting down the itv reporter was funny.

https://www.youtube....h?v=hI4nj6LkskY

terminated. :D

What a douche.  (The reporter I mean.)

View Poststevieb_8006, on 13 April 2018 - 09:24 AM, said:

I dispute that. his career was thrill a minute pre chisora 2. Rocked by Cunningham, Firtha and Pajkik. Went Life and Death with big john b4 dramatically stopping him in the rematch. Fought entire Rogan fight Southpaw.  Even the Chisora rematch was a great display of skills.

He boxed to orders vs Hammer so as not to risk the Wlad fight, and did what he needed to in Germany against all odds inc cheating. And off the back of that the johnny come latelys say hes "boring". OK hes not a KO Artist like Wilder or AJ, but hes been entertaining.

You forgot the bit where he punched himself.

View PostBoxingFan, on 13 April 2018 - 09:28 AM, said:

You forgot the bit where he punched himself.
Exactly. Quality entertainment.

View PostBoxingFan, on 13 April 2018 - 09:27 AM, said:

What a douche.  (The reporter I mean.)
That interview really annoys me. They didn't want him to speak his mind originally, and now will try and bait him because otherwise it makes for boring tele. Basically, they will miss someone who actually had something to say. (something that wasn't actually that bad tbh, was well blown out of proportion by the PC brigade).

View Poststevieb_8006, on 13 April 2018 - 09:40 AM, said:

That interview really annoys me. They didn't want him to speak his mind originally, and now will try and bait him because otherwise it makes for boring tele. Basically, they will miss someone who actually had something to say. (something that wasn't actually that bad tbh, was well blown out of proportion by the PC brigade).

I didn't like what he said, won't pretend I did.

But I agree with you about the interviewer.  That's the press for you.  Get a story, act offended.  Don't get a story, pander until they do.

View PostBoxingFan, on 13 April 2018 - 09:54 AM, said:

I didn't like what he said, won't pretend I did.

But I agree with you about the interviewer.  That's the press for you.  Get a story, act offended.  Don't get a story, pander until they do.
I don't agree with what he said either, but I defend his right to say it. He wasn't advocating anyone getting hurt or anything, he went out of his way to say each to their own etc. He was quoting scripture which is a bit silly, but we are CONSTANTLY told by the media how we have to "respect everyone's beliefs". It seems thats only the case when it suits their agenda. I don't see them grilling AJ on his "superior black man" comments. Or hounding Amir Khan or Mo Farah on their religious beliefs.

Amir Khan is a fanny too, to be fair.