←  The Lounge

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

The Mlb Thread

WhenWeWereKings's Photo WhenWeWereKings 18 Apr 2018

jimbag, on 18 April 2018 - 01:57 PM, said:

His bat is useless, but he's still a great defensive shortstop when healthy. With all the ground balls generated by Stroman, Sanchez, etc. having him and Donaldson (when he can throw) on the field results in a lot of outs.

I wonder how close Hechevaria (spelling?) is to getting a shot. I haven't been looking at the MiLB results at all yet. Maybe I'll get more interested when all this lousy snow melts and hockey playoffs are finished up.
He was traded to Miami years ago. Hes been in the bigs for a while now.

jimbag's Photo jimbag 18 Apr 2018

WhenWeWereKings, on 18 April 2018 - 03:28 PM, said:

He was traded to Miami years ago. Hes been in the bigs for a while now.
I'm obviously mistaken. Who was the Cuban S.S. that signed as a free agent? His brother was in the Astros organization...I'm drawing a blank.

bazooka's Photo bazooka 18 Apr 2018

Fuck the Bluegays!  :angry2:

Willikn's Photo Willikn Yesterday, 08:05 AM

Reds fire manager and pitching coach.

Good call.  Probably those guys who decided to have half the payroll on IR with undisclosed fake injuries.

jimbag's Photo jimbag Yesterday, 11:38 AM

bazooka, on 18 April 2018 - 04:20 PM, said:

Fuck the Bluegays!  :angry2:/>
Still pissed off about Molitor? He got a ring with the Jays, he wasn't getting one in Milwaukee. Kind of like Gary Carter, not only was I happy he got to win one, I even started cheering for the Mets a little bit. He wasn't gonna win in Montreal, though they did get a taste of the playoffs a bit.

I still don't think you'll need to waste much time hating on the Jays once the weather heats up. I hope I'm wrong, but I think they're a third place club.

bazooka's Photo bazooka Yesterday, 05:08 PM

View Postjimbag, on 19 April 2018 - 11:38 AM, said:

Still pissed off about Molitor? He got a ring with the Jays, he wasn't getting one in Milwaukee. Kind of like Gary Carter, not only was I happy he got to win one, I even started cheering for the Mets a little bit. He wasn't gonna win in Montreal, though they did get a taste of the playoffs a bit.

I still don't think you'll need to waste much time hating on the Jays once the weather heats up. I hope I'm wrong, but I think they're a third place club.
i was probably rooting harder for Toronto to beat the Phillies than you were.   Paulie hit .391 in the ALCS and .500 in the World Series.

jimbag's Photo jimbag Yesterday, 05:26 PM

bazooka, on 19 April 2018 - 05:08 PM, said:

i was probably rooting harder for Toronto to beat the Phillies than you were.   Paulie hit .391 in the ALCS and .500 in the World Series.
He was a huge part of that team, apparently more than just at the plate. WAMCO, one of the better nicknames for sluggers...not as good as Gashouse Gang or Murderers Row, but not bad. Glad to see him back in the game...I was really hoping Halladay would have been able to join him (and I was cheering for the Phillies during that run), but c'est la vie.