←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Joshua Vs Povetkin Tonight

WhenWeWereKings's Photo WhenWeWereKings 25 Sep 2018

View PostMenty, on 25 September 2018 - 08:58 PM, said:



Yeah, going the distance with Scott takes some doing. Even the 10th best British heavyweight, journeyman Dave Allen went 7 rounds against Ortiz.

Far from being the boogeyman/beast etc of the division, Ortiz is on a par with Chisora.
Actually, that would be a good fight.
Quote

9secondko's Photo 9secondko 26 Sep 2018

View PostMenty, on 25 September 2018 - 08:58 PM, said:



Yeah, going the distance with Scott takes some doing. Even the 10th best British heavyweight, journeyman Dave Allen went 7 rounds against Ortiz.

Far from being the boogeyman/beast etc of the division, Ortiz is on a par with Chisora.

Lol

Chooses was a guy with a decent punch and s solid chin. Good stamina too.

But the chin is gone, his power is ok. But he’s not really skilled at all.

Ortiz has chin, power, stamina,and skills.

He’d send chisora to the icu.

Not even close.
Quote

Menty's Photo Menty 26 Sep 2018

View Post9secondko, on 26 September 2018 - 01:07 PM, said:



Lol

Chooses was a guy with a decent punch and s solid chin. Good stamina too.

But the chin is gone, his power is ok. But he’s not really skilled at all.

Ortiz has chin, power, stamina,and skills.

He’d send chisora to the icu.

Not even close.

Explain your logic - Chisora crushes an undefeated Scott, yet Ortiz struggles over the distance to beat a shot version of Scott who’d been badly KO’d in two recent fights. Yet Ortiz “sends Chisora to icu”?

The only time Chisora has been KO’d was against a razor sharp David Haye, and let’s not forget his resume is far more impressive than Wilders having been in the ring with a peak Haye, a peak Fury (twice), Vitali Klitschko, Dillian Whyte, Kubrat Pulev, Carlos Takam and an undefeated Malik Scott. And yet you want us to believe that a fat, 50 year old with high blood pressure who’s only claim to fame is getting KTFO by Wilder is some sort of beast. :rolleyes:
Quote

9secondko's Photo 9secondko 26 Sep 2018

View PostMenty, on 26 September 2018 - 03:00 PM, said:



Explain your logic - Chisora crushes an undefeated Scott, yet Ortiz struggles over the distance to beat a shot version of Scott who’d been badly KO’d in two recent fights. Yet Ortiz “sends Chisora to icu”?

The only time Chisora has been KO’d was against a razor sharp David Haye, and let’s not forget his resume is far more impressive than Wilders having been in the ring with a peak Haye, a peak Fury (twice), Vitali Klitschko, Dillian Whyte, Kubrat Pulev, Carlos Takam and an undefeated Malik Scott. And yet you want us to believe that a fat, 50 year old with high blood pressure who’s only claim to fame is getting KTFO by Wilder is some sort of beast. :rolleyes:/>

That wasn’t a razor sharp David hate. It was simply a guy who threw straight punches while chisora threw his slow looping shots.

Chisora just isn’t that good. He gets by on rattling opponents before the fight to take them out of their plan.

The first time he ran into someone who wouldn’t fall for it, he got the crap beat out of him.

Hate did one thing right though. He got to chisora with that bottle in his fist. Rattled Derek pretty badly.

Ortiz won’t need any of that. He’d just punch and deflect and chisora a face first style wouldn’t deal so well.

Mismatch.
Quote

Menty's Photo Menty 26 Sep 2018

View Post9secondko, on 26 September 2018 - 06:12 PM, said:



That wasn’t a razor sharp David hate. It was simply a guy who threw straight punches while chisora threw his slow looping shots.

Chisora just isn’t that good. He gets by on rattling opponents before the fight to take them out of their plan.

The first time he ran into someone who wouldn’t fall for it, he got the crap beat out of him.

Hate did one thing right though. He got to chisora with that bottle in his fist. Rattled Derek pretty badly.

Ortiz won’t need any of that. He’d just punch and deflect and chisora a face first style wouldn’t deal so well.

Mismatch.

:lol:
Quote

WhenWeWereKings's Photo WhenWeWereKings 26 Sep 2018

View Post9secondko, on 26 September 2018 - 01:07 PM, said:

Lol

Chooses was a guy with a decent punch and s solid chin. Good stamina too.

But the chin is gone, his power is ok. But he's not really skilled at all.

Ortiz has chin, power, stamina,and skills.

He'd send chisora to the icu.

Not even close.
Luis, is that you?
Quote

The Akbar One's Photo The Akbar One 28 Sep 2018

View Post9secondko, on 26 September 2018 - 06:12 PM, said:


Hate did one thing right though. He got to chisora with that bottle in his fist. Rattled Derek pretty badly.


"He glaassed me"

Posted Image
Quote

bazooka's Photo bazooka 28 Sep 2018

View PostThe Akbar One, on 28 September 2018 - 06:52 PM, said:



"He glaassed me"

Posted Image
Lol that was funny!
Quote

The Akbar One's Photo The Akbar One 28 Sep 2018

View Postbazooka, on 28 September 2018 - 06:53 PM, said:

Lol that was funny!

That was brutal from Haye.  I didn't know he had it in him.  Chisora had gotten a bit to comfortable being in peoples personal space with his antics.
Quote

bazooka's Photo bazooka 28 Sep 2018

View PostThe Akbar One, on 28 September 2018 - 06:58 PM, said:



That was brutal from Haye.  I didn't know he had it in him.  Chisora had gotten a bit to comfortable being in peoples personal space with his antics.
I just love the heavyweight Division and all of the Antics that go on outside the ring with these Fighters over the years. If it isn't Larry Holmes drop-kicking someone from off the top of a limo, it's Shannon Briggs knocking Wladimir Klitschko off his wakeboard or eating his lunch. Lmao...I love that shit.
Quote

the_hater's Photo the_hater 28 Sep 2018

View Postbazooka, on 28 September 2018 - 07:00 PM, said:

I just love the heavyweight Division and all of the Antics that go on outside the ring with these Fighters over the years. If it isn't Larry Holmes drop-kicking someone from off the top of a limo, it's Shannon Briggs knocking Wladimir Klitschko off his wakeboard or eating his lunch. Lmao...I love that shit.

That's a normal day for your boy Hatley.
Quote

WhenWeWereKings's Photo WhenWeWereKings 28 Sep 2018

View Postbazooka, on 28 September 2018 - 07:00 PM, said:

I just love the heavyweight Division and all of the Antics that go on outside the ring with these Fighters over the years. If it isn't Larry Holmes drop-kicking someone from off the top of a limo, it's Shannon Briggs knocking Wladimir Klitschko off his wakeboard or eating his lunch. Lmao...I love that shit.
Briggs hounding Klitschko is some of the funniest shit I've seen.  Shame it didn't get Briggs the fight.
Quote

9secondko's Photo 9secondko 01 Oct 2018

View Postbazooka, on 28 September 2018 - 07:00 PM, said:


I just love the heavyweight Division and all of the Antics that go on outside the ring with these Fighters over the years. If it isn't Larry Holmes drop-kicking someone from off the top of a limo, it's Shannon Briggs knocking Wladimir Klitschko off his wakeboard or eating his lunch. Lmao...I love that shit.

And then wlad knocking Shannon to the ground by... pouring salad dressing on his head. That was awesome. Briggs looked like he crapped himself.
Quote