←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Mickey Bey Erupts Over Parting Of Ways Wit...

mos-def's Photo mos-def 25 Jun 2018

To be honest, he really didn't sound as if he had a legitimate gripe at all.

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 25 Jun 2018

mos-def, on 25 June 2018 - 03:21 PM, said:

And why didn't that fight take place? Negos fell apart? Tank swore he wouldn't go near Floyd's babygirl ever again?

Seriously, I didn't hear about Tank messing with his daughter but what I did hear Tank say himself in an interview that decisions were being made about his career without him. Not just with the Lomo fight that he referenced, but one other fight he mentioned also. Then he said it's like he's being set up to fail. He also alluded to how 'some don't want to see you do better than them' bullsh#t. But he then closed the same interview with how he was actually pleased with how he's been handled thus far. Go figure.
Lomachenko moved up and fight Linares.

The story about Tank and Floyd's daughter made the rounds on twitter and is presumed to be true.  There are some YouTube videos that can give more details.  I think she was 17 at the time.  That's the root of the problems he's had with Mayweather Promotions.

boxalettice 's Photo boxalettice 25 Jun 2018

mos-def, on 25 June 2018 - 03:21 PM, said:

And why didn't that fight take place? Negos fell apart? Tank swore he wouldn't go near Floyd's babygirl ever again?

Seriously, I didn't hear about Tank messing with his daughter but what I did hear Tank say himself in an interview that decisions were being made about his career without him. Not just with the Lomo fight that he referenced, but one other fight he mentioned also. Then he said it's like he's being set up to fail. He also alluded to how 'some don't want to see you do better than them' bullsh#t. But he then closed the same interview with how he was actually pleased with how he's been handled thus far. Go figure.
Two title shots in 20 fights not bad

RickS's Photo RickS 27 Jun 2018

rayajr, on 25 June 2018 - 01:21 PM, said:

I wouldn't even remember who Bey is if it wasnt for this news. This publicity alone might have made the contract worth it. Now he has to fight and prove he was held back. Good luck, Miley.

My first thought was, DAVID Bey...the late heavyweight.

WhenWeWereKings's Photo WhenWeWereKings 27 Jun 2018

rayajr, on 25 June 2018 - 01:21 PM, said:

That's fucked up. In the mob you would be killed.
Lucky for him, Floyd couldn’t read their text messages :ninja:

9secondko's Photo 9secondko 27 Jun 2018

Only if tank uses an iPhone...

rayajr's Photo rayajr 28 Jun 2018

johnnyblaze, on 25 June 2018 - 03:41 PM, said:

Lomachenko moved up and fight Linares.

The story about Tank and Floyd's daughter made the rounds on twitter and is presumed to be true.  There are some YouTube videos that can give more details.  I think she was 17 at the time.  That's the root of the problems he's had with Mayweather Promotions.
Tank doesn't sound like a smart dude.

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 28 Jun 2018

rayajr, on 28 June 2018 - 12:34 PM, said:

Tank doesn't sound like a smart dude.
Signing with Floyd told me that.

bazooka's Photo bazooka 28 Jun 2018

WhenWeWereKings, on 27 June 2018 - 11:27 AM, said:

Lucky for him, Floyd couldn’t read their text messages :ninja:
Lol