←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Showtime Card Saturday

Jack Tripper's Photo Jack Tripper 08 Apr 2018

Lara has the best poker face in the game. He hides being hurt very well.

Shaun Michaels's Photo Shaun Michaels 08 Apr 2018

Sudsysul, on 08 April 2018 - 11:23 AM, said:

Hurd is not without skill. He throws that right from all odd angles, and he gets his combinations off well - great sense of timing.  When he fights Jermell heís going to have to work his jab much more. I donít think he can just stand in there with Jermellís power like heís done in this and previous fights.  

Hatís off to Lara for hanging and banging all the way.  I thought the ref let him off the hook after the knockdown.  Hurd had him buzzed and Lara played it perfectly and bought time when Bayless asked him to put his hands up.
He definitely has skill, I didn't mean to insinuate that, however he eats a lot of clean punches, his size and strength at 54 allows him to absorb that, but at middleweight and above he'll have to adjust and improve.

boxalettice 's Photo boxalettice 08 Apr 2018

Jack Tripper, on 08 April 2018 - 11:51 AM, said:

Lara has the best poker face in the game. He hides being hurt very well.
Thank God Hurd put him in the Garbage can though dude is terrible to watch. Good bye Lara

ATLien's Photo ATLien 09 Apr 2018

Homo Erection, on 08 April 2018 - 04:36 PM, said:

Thank God Hurd put him in the Garbage can though dude is terrible to watch. Good bye Lara
Lara put forth a great effort against Hurd.  His prior fights may not have been enjoyable to a good many but this one was a damn good one.  Age probably played a factor in Lara not moving so much in an effort to conserve energy against a big, young relentless dude like Hurd that he flat out could not hurt.  The size disparity was pretty significant but Lara would sit not the pocket none to nose with that guy and fight.  Shyt was more than respectable imo.

boxalettice 's Photo boxalettice 09 Apr 2018

ATLien, on 09 April 2018 - 05:25 AM, said:

Lara put forth a great effort against Hurd.  His prior fights may not have been enjoyable to a good many but this one was a damn good one.  Age probably played a factor in Lara not moving so much in an effort to conserve energy against a big, young relentless dude like Hurd that he flat out could not hurt.  The size disparity was pretty significant but Lara would sit not the pocket none to nose with that guy and fight.  Shyt was more than respectable imo.
Lara showed heart and gave a valiant effort in his most entertaining fight ever .........

WhenWeWereKings's Photo WhenWeWereKings 09 Apr 2018

Homo Erection, on 08 April 2018 - 04:36 PM, said:

Homo Erection, on 09 April 2018 - 08:37 AM, said:

Lara showed heart and gave a valiant effort in his most entertaining fight ever .........

:mellow:

El Juan's Photo El Juan 09 Apr 2018

WhenWeWereKings, on 09 April 2018 - 09:41 AM, said:

:mellow:/>

Forgive him. He got all worked up watching that fight.

rayajr's Photo rayajr 09 Apr 2018

WhenWeWereKings, on 09 April 2018 - 09:41 AM, said:

:mellow:/>
He's right on both points though. I tried plenty of times to watch a Lara fight. This dude should not be on TV unless the networks are trying to put viewers to sleep. But last Saturday's fight was entertaining and both fighters showed heart and fought courageously. I still won't watch another Lara fight live though unless I'm pretty sure he's gonna get beat up.

Shaun Michaels's Photo Shaun Michaels 09 Apr 2018

Its Hard to believe that Hurd was only 1 lb more than Lara on the day of the fight. He was massive, and its not like Lara is a small Jr middle. I'd imagine Hurd won't stay at 54 for too much longer

El Juan's Photo El Juan 09 Apr 2018

Shaun Michaels, on 09 April 2018 - 04:54 PM, said:

Its Hard to believe that Hurd was only 1 lb more than Lara on the day of the fight. He was massive, and its not like Lara is a small Jr middle. I'd imagine Hurd won't stay at 54 for too much longer

Yeah Lara looked like a few weight classes below Hurd.

boxalettice 's Photo boxalettice 10 Apr 2018

rayajr, on 09 April 2018 - 12:04 PM, said:

He's right on both points though. I tried plenty of times to watch a Lara fight. This dude should not be on TV unless the networks are trying to put viewers to sleep. But last Saturday's fight was entertaining and both fighters showed heart and fought courageously. I still won't watch another Lara fight live though unless I'm pretty sure he's gonna get beat up.
lol real talk