←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Big Baby Miller

El Juan's Photo El Juan 29 Apr 2018

Iím pointing out facts not trolling.

ATLien's Photo ATLien 29 Apr 2018

View PostEl Juan, on 28 April 2018 - 10:03 PM, said:

I caught the tail end of this fight. Miller looks like a slower, less powerful version of The Nigerian Nightmare.
If that Nigerian had the skills of Miller he truly would have been a nightmare.  Miller is quicker and has far superior punch variation. Dude lacks power for his size though.

View PostATLien, on 29 April 2018 - 06:54 PM, said:

If that Nigerian had the skills of Miller he truly would have been a nightmare.  Miller is quicker and has far superior punch variation.

I donít agree. When I see him drop Joshua or Wilder like Peter did Klitschko then I may change my mind.

ATLien's Photo ATLien 29 Apr 2018

View PostEl Juan, on 29 April 2018 - 06:56 PM, said:

I donít agree. When I see him drop Joshua or Wilder like Peter did Klitschko then I may change my mind.
You aint gonna see that.  Power is not his thing despite being a 300 lb man, in the long run that's gonna hurt him.

View PostATLien, on 29 April 2018 - 06:58 PM, said:

You aint gonna see that.  Power is not his thing despite being a 300 lb man, in the long run that's gonna hurt him.

Well hopefully he has a world class chin because he ainít going to make it with big boys if he doesnít since he has no power.

boxalettice 's Photo boxalettice 30 Apr 2018

View PostWhenWeWereKings, on 29 April 2018 - 06:47 PM, said:

Deontay, is that you? Mane, Jon, you defend him like Hopper does Trump.
That's his boy

Johnny Hopper's Photo Johnny Hopper 30 Apr 2018

View PostWhenWeWereKings, on 29 April 2018 - 06:47 PM, said:

Deontay, is that you? Mane, Jon, you defend him like Hopper does Trump.

That's my boy

WhenWeWereKings's Photo WhenWeWereKings 30 Apr 2018

View PostJohnny Hopper, on 30 April 2018 - 09:48 AM, said:

That's my boy
:D

RickS's Photo RickS 01 May 2018

View PostWhenWeWereKings, on 28 April 2018 - 09:25 PM, said:

Fast Eddie. Took a beating from one of the Klitschkos. Wlad?

Fast Eddie was an overachiever if there ever was one. Slick fighter, but he had no power or size.  I remember him and his dad from the Blue Horizon days.He stood just under 6'.  He got pretty far with the hand he was dealt.

boxalettice 's Photo boxalettice 01 May 2018

View PostRickS, on 01 May 2018 - 11:33 AM, said:

Fast Eddie was an overachiever if there ever was one. Slick fighter, but he had no power or size.  I remember him and his dad from the Blue Horizon days.He stood just under 6'.  He got pretty far with the hand he was dealt.
I'm a fan

Johnny Hopper's Photo Johnny Hopper 02 May 2018

View PostRickS, on 01 May 2018 - 11:33 AM, said:

He did. That guy was an expert on hitting you in the exact same spot the entire fight. He used to swell guys eyes closed but when he jumped to the upper echelons it just wasn't enough.

Miller looks and fights like an even fatter James Toney when he stepped up to HW. High workrate, same slapping punches that can only do damage via accumulation.

Would like to see Wilder try to figure him out.

El Juan's Photo El Juan 02 May 2018

View PostJohnny Hopper, on 02 May 2018 - 09:57 AM, said:

Miller looks and fights like an even fatter James Toney when he stepped up to HW. High workrate, same slapping punches that can only do damage via accumulation.

Would like to see Joshua try to figure him out.

Real talk

View PostATLien, on 29 April 2018 - 06:54 PM, said:

If that Nigerian had the skills of Miller he truly would have been a nightmare.  Miller is quicker and has far superior punch variation. Dude lacks power for his size though.

He does, and I don't think there's a fix for that. He can't get any bigger.

He also takes a lot of punches. I think his career will be a short one once he gets up to the elite levels.