←  The Lounge

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

The Mlb Thread

Willikn's Photo Willikn 16 Jul 2018

View PostWhenWeWereKings, on 16 July 2018 - 09:03 AM, said:

Willikn, thoughts on Winker?

I assume you are asking for fantasy purposes.

His being brought up was delayed by a few things.  He is naturally a 1st baseman and that position has been filled for a while.  Because of this he spent a solid year learning to be an outfielder.  The transition has been smooth.

Another problem, now, is that the shittiest player in Major League Baseball, (Bill "Snaggleteeth" Hamilton) has naked pics of Reds' ownership.  He continues to start thereby sucking up an outfield spot that a true major league player could instead utilize.  Reds managers try insulting him by batting him after the pitcher, but he is still an automatic out.  The more Winker plays the better he gets.  His ceiling is really high.  Tremendous natural hitter IMO.  If we could just get Hamilton the F outta here the outfield really picks up steam.  Winker and Schebler are more than solid.  Winker a much higher ceiling. The Reds' best prospect is a CF who is 20.  He just won the Futures All Star game MVP.

If you are contemplating a trade for Winker I think the ground is solid.

WhenWeWereKings's Photo WhenWeWereKings 16 Jul 2018

Heís a free agent. Iíve been thinking about adding him.

bazooka's Photo bazooka 17 Jul 2018

HR contest was good last night?  According to headlines...yes.  Didn't watch.

WhenWeWereKings's Photo WhenWeWereKings 17 Jul 2018

bazooka, on 17 July 2018 - 08:01 AM, said:

HR contest was good last night?  According to headlines...yes.  Didn't watch.
Harper won. Hit some bombs!

bazooka's Photo bazooka 17 Jul 2018

View PostWhenWeWereKings, on 17 July 2018 - 09:53 AM, said:

Harper won. Hit some bombs!
i read that he was down 9 going into the final.  He hit 9 HRs in 10 swings.  Quite a comeback.

WhenWeWereKings's Photo WhenWeWereKings 17 Jul 2018

bazooka, on 17 July 2018 - 09:58 AM, said:

i read that he was down 9 going into the final.  He hit 9 HRs in 10 swings.  Quite a comeback.
His Dad was throwing some shitty pitches near the end. Harper managed to get it together and mashed.