←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Triple G Vs Vanes M.

Jack Tripper's Photo Jack Tripper 14 May 2018

View PostWhenWeWereKings, on 14 May 2018 - 02:37 PM, said:

I canít say Iíve ever seen an argument against Hagler being an elite fighter. Crazy.
Gotta challenge conventional thinking. A lot of boxings fans have a bandwagon mentality. Everyone says ďso and so is regarded as such and such, so therefore I wonít question itĒ.

WhenWeWereKings's Photo WhenWeWereKings 14 May 2018

View PostJack Tripper, on 14 May 2018 - 03:08 PM, said:

Gotta challenge conventional thinking. A lot of boxings fans have a bandwagon mentality. Everyone says ďso and so is regarded as such and such, so therefore I wonít question itĒ.
What about the boxing historians, writers etc. who have all ranked him as high as they do? Are they all wrong? I donít think so. Iíll leave you to your ďbookĒ.

Jack Tripper's Photo Jack Tripper 14 May 2018

View PostWhenWeWereKings, on 14 May 2018 - 03:15 PM, said:

What about the boxing historians, writers etc. who have all ranked him as high as they do? Are they all wrong? I donít think so. Iíll leave you to your ďbookĒ.
I was ready to move on...

Who rated him and how high? Do we know what everyone thinks about his place among the other best in history? Or do we just know what they think about him in the middleweight division? Iím sure there are plenty that feel just like you do, but Iím sure there are many who are talking about him compared to other middleweights.

WhenWeWereKings's Photo WhenWeWereKings 14 May 2018

View PostJack Tripper, on 14 May 2018 - 03:37 PM, said:

I was ready to move on...

Who rated him and how high? Do we know what everyone thinks about his place among the other best in history? Or do we just know what they think about him in the middleweight division? Iím sure there are plenty that feel just like you do, but Iím sure there are many who are talking about him compared to other middleweights.
Thereís a handful of links Iíve posted in this thread. Have a read.