←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Danny Jacobs - Sergei D Come To An Agreement

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 10 Jul 2018

Eddie Hearn:

After weeks of negotiating with my dear friend @loudibella - delighted to agree terms for @DanielJacobsTKO v Derevenchenko for the IBF World title on @HBOboxing - Date coming soon for NY

When is the last time gym mates fought one another?

WhenWeWereKings's Photo WhenWeWereKings 10 Jul 2018

johnnyblaze, on 10 July 2018 - 11:33 AM, said:

When is the last time gym mates fought one another?
Not sure but it could lead to a boring fight.

WhenWeWereKings, on 10 July 2018 - 12:49 PM, said:

Maybe, I've heard they've had some wars in sparring.

Sergei will be using a different trainer for this one.

Danny will be sticking with Rozier.

El Juan's Photo El Juan 10 Jul 2018

WhenWeWereKings, on 10 July 2018 - 12:49 PM, said:

Wilder/Scott?

ender's Photo ender 10 Jul 2018

<p>

<br />
When is the last time gym mates fought one another?<br />
More than mere gym mates. They sparred for the GGG fight camp. Sergei is live in this one. And his style is anything but boring. Jacobs will have his hands full. Not sure who to pick. I don&#39;t expect it to be boring at all.&nbsp;</p>

WhenWeWereKings's Photo WhenWeWereKings 10 Jul 2018

ender, on 10 July 2018 - 02:04 PM, said:

<p>More than mere gym mates. They sparred for the GGG fight camp. Sergei is live in this one. And his style is anything but boring. Jacobs will have his hands full. Not sure who to pick. I don&#39;t expect it to be boring at all.&nbsp;</p>
Hope you’re right.

RickS's Photo RickS 11 Jul 2018

This is Jacobs' chance to redeem himself in my eyes for deliberately coming in way over the weight against GGG.

boxalettice 's Photo boxalettice 11 Jul 2018

RickS, on 11 July 2018 - 05:31 AM, said:

This is Jacobs' chance to redeem himself in my eyes for deliberately coming in way over the weight against GGG.Jacob's barely won his last fight I will go with the Russian

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 11 Jul 2018

RickS, on 11 July 2018 - 05:31 AM, said:

This is Jacobs' chance to redeem himself in my eyes for deliberately coming in way over the weight against GGG.
He has to do the second day weigh in this time, assuming he wants the belt that's on the line.

ender's Photo ender 13 Jul 2018

<p>

<br />
<span style="color: #282828"><span style="font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif">This is Jacobs&#39; chance to redeem himself in my eyes for deliberately coming in way over the weight against GGG.</span></span><br />
He did nothing that doesn&#39;t happen in every fight that happens every day. The extra weight was water from hyperhydration in order to have more energy over the long haul. The reports that he was 185 are wrong. He was closer to 179 according to the man who iversaw his cut/rehydration. The Gennatics posing as media people made way too much about the weight even after it was explained to them.&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>I&#39;ve yet to see anyone explain how making someone make weight and then make weight again the next day is beneficial or healthy.&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>