←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Duran Vs Floyd Mayweather Who Wins

WhenWeWereKings's Photo WhenWeWereKings 21 May 2018

View Postchewbie, on 19 May 2018 - 05:00 PM, said:

Floyd’s adaptability is what made him special. He not only learned from prior opponents, but also made adjustments in-fight - the Zab fight comes to mind. Why don’t you believe he could have done so versus Duran? Particularly if he (hypothetically of course) got the lesson from JLC before facing him?
He could have. He’s definitely capable of making the infight adjustments. These mythical matchups are just guessing games. We all know a fighters strengths and weaknesses but until they’re in the ring you don’t really know how it’ll play out. Duran could bullrush him and put Floyd on his back foot the entire fight. At the same time, Floyd could box and move and frustrate Duran ala SRL.

RickS's Photo RickS 21 May 2018

Duran cuts thru him like a hot knife cuts thru butter.

ReggieJay's Photo ReggieJay 21 May 2018

View Postchewbie, on 19 May 2018 - 05:00 PM, said:

Floyd's adaptability is what made him special. He not only learned from prior opponents, but also made adjustments in-fight - the Zab fight comes to mind. Why don't you believe he could have done so versus Duran? Particularly if he (hypothetically of course) got the lesson from JLC before facing him?

I believe he'd be overwhelmed by Duran. Duran had a habit of taking even talented in-fighters into the kitchen and cooking them whole. Take Hagler--an A-level in-fighter, a middleweight, and a 3-1 favorite--who struggled inside against Duran. Now, you can jab and be elusive against Duran, yes; Benitez and Leonard both had success there. But at lightweight, I think Duran had the speed and power to overcome that sort of defensiveness.

Or he'd just take your nuts. :lol:

Posted Image

Raghavan1's Photo Raghavan1 22 May 2018

I believe he&amp;amp;#39;d be overwhelmed by Duran. Duran had a habit of taking even talented in-fighters into the kitchen and cooking them whole. Take Hagler--an A-level in-fighter, a middleweight, and a 3-1 favorite--who struggled inside against Duran. Now, you can jab and be elusive against Duran, yes; Benitez and Leonard both had success there. But at lightweight, I think Duran had the speed and power to overcome that sort of defensiveness. Or he&amp;amp;#39;d just take your nuts. :lol:/&amp;amp;gt; &lt;img src=&quot;<a class="bbc_url" href="https://thumbs.gfyca...restricted.gif" rel="nofollow external" title="External link">https://thumbs.gfyca...ricted.gif&#34;</a> /&gt;
Dont think Duran would have much success against the defense of Floyd, Duran was always there to hit and got frustrated easily against elusive fighters.
Think Aaron Pryor would be the toughest fight for Floyd from that era.

On a side note, Aaron Pryor could beat Duran, SRL and Hearns.

ATLien's Photo ATLien 22 May 2018

View PostRaghavan1, on 22 May 2018 - 01:45 AM, said:

Dont think Duran would have much success against the defense of Floyd, Duran was always there to hit and got frustrated easily against elusive fighters.
Think Aaron Pryor would be the toughest fight for Floyd from that era.

On a side note, Aaron Pryor could beat Duran, SRL and Hearns.
....and what makes you so sure about this?

chewbie's Photo chewbie 22 May 2018

View PostReggieJay, on 21 May 2018 - 09:23 PM, said:

I believe he'd be overwhelmed by Duran. Duran had a habit of taking even talented in-fighters into the kitchen and cooking them whole. Take Hagler--an A-level in-fighter, a middleweight, and a 3-1 favorite--who struggled inside against Duran. Now, you can jab and be elusive against Duran, yes; Benitez and Leonard both had success there. But at lightweight, I think Duran had the speed and power to overcome that sort of defensiveness.

Or he'd just take your nuts. :lol:

Posted Image
Duran blowing Floyd out is surely a possible scenario. Especially if he caught a less experienced version of Floyd before he relied more heavily on defense. I just don't view it as the only viable scenario and I think that people have leaned too heavily on the JLC and Maidana fights, the latter of which happened toward the end of his career, as examples of why super aggressive inside fighters would have success. Much like the big punch Corley landed on him is always held up as the example of why he struggles with southpaws. But no question in my mind that Duran is among the greatest, if not the greatest LW to ever live. But I think Floyd has a better overall body of work and don't think his limited time at LW should be used as the example of what his prospects against an ATG like Duran would have been there.

boxalettice 's Photo boxalettice 22 May 2018

Terrible discussion

hughjastic's Photo hughjastic 09 Jun 2018

View Postboxalettice, on 22 May 2018 - 11:28 PM, said:

Terrible discussion

Pro-tip: when your comment kills the discussion, you didn't win. You ruined it.

rkquest's Photo rkquest 15 Jul 2018

floyd

boxalettice 's Photo boxalettice 15 Jul 2018

hughjastic, on 09 June 2018 - 02:31 PM, said:

Pro-tip: when your comment kills the discussion, you didn't win. You ruined it.
sorry but Duran would kill Floyd in his Prime Chavez Sr also

WhenWeWereKings's Photo WhenWeWereKings Yesterday, 11:41 AM

boxalettice, on 15 July 2018 - 10:17 PM, said:

boxalettice, on 03 April 2018 - 11:11 PM, said:

Duran always had problems with good defensive fighters. I will go with Floyd via no mas

You sure?

boxalettice 's Photo boxalettice Yesterday, 09:56 PM

WhenWeWereKings, on 16 July 2018 - 11:41 AM, said:

You sure?
You got me Champ lol

WhenWeWereKings's Photo WhenWeWereKings Yesterday, 10:08 PM

:lol:

Raghavan1's Photo Raghavan1 Today, 12:28 AM

Floyd would beat Duran nine times out of ten, Duran was always there to be hit with counters and he got frustrated with defense and movement.

chewbie's Photo chewbie Today, 08:08 AM

View Postboxalettice, on 15 July 2018 - 10:17 PM, said:

Like he (Chavez) did to Pernell? Another defensive wizard with exceptional counter-punching ability and less pop than Floyd?