←  The Lounge

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Sherpa's Film Chat

bazooka's Photo bazooka 16 Sep 2018

Just watched the 1992 movie Thunderheart.  Haven't seen it in a long time but damn, i like that film more now than ever before.  A great flick about ATLien's people over in South Dakota.
Graham Greene and Ted Thin Elk are fantastic.  Solid humor mixed in with the serious tone of the film.

https://en.wikipedia...ki/Thunderheart

bazooka's Photo bazooka 19 Sep 2018

ATLien, on 01 September 2018 - 10:50 AM, said:

So I watched a good bit of this flick again.  I see what you were saying.  They were laying it a bit thick with the comedic styling of Thor in the beginning moreso than what I've seen in other movies with Thor in it.  It tailed off as the movie went on so it didn't really affect my enjoyment of it and was kind of an afterthought the first time I watched it.
I just watched it again from start to finish. I definitely like the movie but yeah the early parts they pushed the humor way too much.

I was reading about some of the production of the film and actors talking about how they were directed to be more funny. That to me is annoying. Some of the best humor comes from the actors creating the humor with their portrayal of characters.  Not from forcing the humor because they're told to do so.

Anyways...good flick. I'm still pretty bothered that his hammer is lost. Hopefully he can get it back. Gotta have that hammer, mane.
Also like the new chick Valkyrie. Thor will be puttin' a hammering to her box before long I'm sure. She's much better than boring azz Jane.
I have a feeling that Hela isn't dead either. We didn't see her die, so she's alive IMO.

Anyone have a clue what happened in the mid credits scene? It looks like they are confronted by a another spaceship???  I suppose that question is answered in Infinity War?

ATLien's Photo ATLien 19 Sep 2018

View Postbazooka, on 19 September 2018 - 10:10 AM, said:

I just watched it again from start to finish. I definitely like the movie but yeah the early parts they pushed the humor way too much.

I was reading about some of the production of the film and actors talking about how they were directed to be more funny. That to me is annoying. Some of the best humor comes from the actors creating the humor with their portrayal of characters.  Not from forcing the humor because they're told to do so.

Anyways...good flick. I'm still pretty bothered that his hammer is lost. Hopefully he can get it back. Gotta have that hammer, mane.
Also like the new chick Valkyrie. Thor will be puttin' a hammering to her box before long I'm sure. She's much better than boring azz Jane.
I have a feeling that Hela isn't dead either. We didn't see her die, so she's alive IMO.

Anyone have a clue what happened in the mid credits scene? It looks like they are confronted by a another spaceship??? I suppose that question is answered in Infinity War?
Yes.  Pretty much all post credit/mid credit scenes pretty much are pieced together in Infinity War.  You'll get a bit more clarity on some of your other questions in it as well.

Willikn's Photo Willikn 24 Sep 2018

bazooka, on 19 September 2018 - 10:10 AM, said:

Anyone have a clue what happened in the mid credits scene? It looks like they are confronted by a another spaceship???  I suppose that question is answered in Infinity War?

That scene is the first half of the first scene in Infinity War.