←  The Lounge

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Avengers Infinity War - Spoiler Alert

Willikn's Photo Willikn 11 May 2018

Chance, on 11 May 2018 - 12:39 PM, said:

Read a theory that Loki has been posing as Banner this whole time. His character did seem "off" in the movie and it makes sense why no hulk

Fun read, but not a legit theory.   Blown apart by the following:

1.  Hulk and Loki were both present when Loki was killed.  He can't pretend to be someone who is already there.
2.  Banner was trying to switch into the Hulk when he was inside the "Hulk Buster" Iron Man suite.  No one could see him.  Nothing gained by faking then.
3.  If Loki is Banner, where's Banner?

Plot holes could explain some things, but the biggest reason why this theory holds no water is that nothing is gained.  

Thanos got the power stone off screen.  That's the stone from the first Guardians movie.  The stone that can destroy planets.  That's why he thrashed the hulk.  How exactly did he get it?  We didn't see that part but we may.  If time is wound back to that spot, he doesn't get the power stone, he can't beat hulk without it, everyone is back.  We aren't rehashing a scene we've already witnessed.

ReggieJay's Photo ReggieJay 13 May 2018

Was what I signed up for. Saw it in a full theater and had one of those experiences I rarely get where the crowd was reacting to the big moments right along with me. Cap walking out of the shadows, Thor arriving in Wakanda, T'Challa fading away--these drew big reactions from the audience. It was great.

Now, Thanos is the only character to have any semblance of an arc in the whole movie, and the Vision/Scarlet Witch stuff doesn't really work IMO. But that's not what I wanted from this. I wanted a better-than-average villain, I wanted all these characters to interact, I wanted all these stories to be tied together. I wanted an event movie, and I got one. That was enough for me.

ATLien's Photo ATLien 20 May 2018

The movie was great.  For all the years of build up and movies to set this bad boy up this mother phucker delivered probably as good if not better than could be expected.  For that, I have to give the Marvel crew credit for having the vision and creativity to pull this off. Aside from Logan this was the darkest flick in the franchise but was still able to inject some good humor in there amidst the darkness. This movie was what X men The Last Stand should have been imo. Got to see all the heroes really get their swerve on despite all of them basically getting their azzes kinda handed to at them and of the day.  Hulk taking the biggest L.  Dr. Strange really came off pretty bad azz as well, and I've never really been a fan of that dude.  Shyt, even Scarlet witch was putting on work for a minute.

I did notice Ant-Mane wasn't in this one.  He's got a movie coming out later this year so maybe they will shed some light on his absence there.

Johnny Hopper, on 27 April 2018 - 02:51 PM, said:

Saw it last night with the kids. Was nearly nonstop action for the first hour. They did a great job balancing different characters screen time (Thor and Guardians I believe had the most time ).

Was funny in many parts which is them building on the success with humor in GOG.

Each group had a mission that kept their stories separate but still tied to one goal ( Latest Star Wars failed miserably at this part ).

Much darker than any of the other Marvel movies. Probably the best of the 19 or so thus far
Well Shyt, guess I repeated a good bit of what you just said. Lol Did you see Logan.  That there was one dark mother phucker.  Damn near depressing....epecilally if you follow x men stuff.

WhenWeWereKings, on 27 April 2018 - 04:10 PM, said:

Didnít they do that before?
The characters aren't as big but Tyrion Lannister has roles in this flick and one of the x men flicks.

Johnny Hopper's Photo Johnny Hopper 21 May 2018

ATLien, on 20 May 2018 - 08:42 PM, said:

Well Shyt, guess I repeated a good bit of what you just said. Lol Did you see Logan.  That there was one dark mother phucker.  Damn near depressing....epecilally if you follow x men stuff.

Didn't see it, and it's heavily referenced in Deadpool 2 ( friend had to explain the references ). He said I should watch it, so maybe I will....but I only saw the first X Men movie

ATLien's Photo ATLien 21 May 2018

Johnny Hopper, on 21 May 2018 - 06:16 AM, said:

Didn't see it, and it's heavily referenced in Deadpool 2 ( friend had to explain the references ). He said I should watch it, so maybe I will....but I only saw the first X Men movie
You should check it out then.  You really don't need to have seen the other X flicks to enjoy it.  There's one thing they really refer to that may throw younger a bit since it does get mentioned a few times.