←  The Lounge

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

The NFL Thread

bazooka's Photo bazooka 16 Oct 2018

Willikn, on 16 October 2018 - 12:23 PM, said:

The bizarre thing I noticed last night from the Packers' offense is how long it takes them to get a play in.  When they huddle, it seems like they are rushed every time.  They hit the line with seven seconds or less.  If someone goes in motion then the snap comes with zero on the play clock.  Leaves no time for audibles.  Seems to really hinder the chance to figure a reaction to the motion player.  I wouldn't put a ton of stock into it but they ran a ton of negative plays.  Draw plays into a run blitz.  Plays with two unblocked pass rushers and two lineman blocking no one.  Last night they must have pushed the record for most 3rd and 11 or more plays in one game.

The most success came when they just ran to the line and snapped the ball thus removing scheme from the equation.  It just seemed like they were losing the chess match on nearly every snap.  Even the big plays that kept them in the game were low percentage type things.

If you'd known in advance that Rodgers was throwing for 400+ with what was really 3 TDs, the Pack would run well, and win the turnover battle 3-0, what should the score be?
Absolutely. Them having trouble getting the plays off in time has driven me nuts for many years now. You probably might have even seen me rant about it in here in the past.

Because of the baseball game last night, I was not paying real close attention to the Packer game. I was mostly pausing the DVR for the football game and fast-forwarding up to each play in between pitches of the Brewer game, so I missed a lot of what you speak of.
I think there is clearly something going on that keeps them functioning properly. How can an offense turn out that many yards and look so good at times, and then at other times they will come out for two or three series in a row and go backwards? I know that Aaron Rodgers is a pain in the ass to work with a lot of times but I'm starting to think that this Mike McCarthy thing is just not working anymore.

Willikn's Photo Willikn 16 Oct 2018

View Postbazooka, on 16 October 2018 - 02:18 PM, said:

I know that Aaron Rodgers is a pain in the ass to work with a lot of times but I'm starting to think that this Mike McCarthy thing is just not working anymore.

It stinks of having too many cooks in the kitchen.  You must have one play caller and the QB can do it.  I don't know who does that for GB, but it seems like they have a committee.  You can only do the committee thing in a time out IMO.  The most valuable time is on the line anticipating the snap.  Not only can the QB audible, not only can the QB scan the defense, but it just puts pressure on a defensive line to get in a stance only to wait two seconds, five seconds, ten seconds, etc.  

The Niners line never had to do that.  Never.  In fact they usually knew exactly when the snap was coming.  Take off when the play clock hits zero.

You run to the line and just snap it, nothing but option routes, they just look so much better.  More important, the opposing defense seems to look a lot worse.

WhenWeWereKings's Photo WhenWeWereKings 16 Oct 2018

bazooka, on 16 October 2018 - 08:20 AM, said:

Sounds like some newly released info is coming via The Boston Globe on Aaron Hernandez.
Tom Brady is probably thinking damn, this guy could have murdered me after thinking back on how he talked to Aaron.

http://www.espn.com/...be-odd-behavior
I still to this day donít understand Belichickís decision to draft him. He knew he was trouble. They wanted Jimmy Graham in round 3 but Bill was apparently concerned Graham would play basketball. Instead, they selected a WR that washed out in a couple years, the Saints took Graham a few spots later and NE took Hernandez in round 4. What couldíve been...

rayajr's Photo rayajr 16 Oct 2018

johnnyblaze, on 16 October 2018 - 12:24 PM, said:

What about your wife though?
Lol.

I don't believe him either.

ATLien's Photo ATLien Yesterday, 04:23 PM

johnnyblaze, on 16 October 2018 - 12:24 PM, said:

What about your wife though?
:lol:

WhenWeWereKings's Photo WhenWeWereKings Yesterday, 04:39 PM

So...the Chargers are struggling in Los Angeles. Seems that everyone saw this coming except the people who made the decision to relocate them.

WhenWeWereKings's Photo WhenWeWereKings Yesterday, 05:14 PM

After Burfict intentionally tried to elbow Antonio Brown in the head on Sunday, this piece was spawned.

https://profootballt...to-go-for-good/

bazooka's Photo bazooka Today, 09:33 AM

WhenWeWereKings, on 17 October 2018 - 04:39 PM, said:

So...the Chargers are struggling in Los Angeles. Seems that everyone saw this coming except the people who made the decision to relocate them.
Was just reading up on this. The Chargers have a great team. Great QB. Great rising star in Melvin Gordon.
What's the problem? Oh...I know what the problem is. Its California. They don't give a shit about football as much as they do about telling a kid with a penis that he's not really a boy.
The team should have stayed in San Diego where they have built a fan base since the early 1960s

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze Today, 10:06 AM

WhenWeWereKings, on 17 October 2018 - 04:39 PM, said:

In a place with good weather and lots of things to do, a team has to be good and/or the only show in town to drive attendance.  You donít see the Rams with this problem.

Willikn's Photo Willikn Today, 10:41 AM

View PostWhenWeWereKings, on 17 October 2018 - 05:14 PM, said:

After Burfict intentionally tried to elbow Antonio Brown in the head on Sunday, this piece was spawned.

Some comedy gold in there.  Big Rape crying like a bitch about trash talk.  His team mates have used helmets to seriously injure countless players over the years, including a damn punter.  He's crying about trash talk and a legal hit.

I could rehash a dozen hits by Mike Mitchell alone just last year that were more, "dirty".  Rape wasn't complaining about that stuff.  Sure don't remember Rape complaining about JewJew's hit on Burfict.

These wanna be talking heads complaining about Burfict, you think the NFL is afraid to suspend, flag, or fine that guy?  Florio is a Pittsburgh area native so his opinions on anything are dubious.  He's not the only one of course, but the rest of these tools acting like Burfict is the only guy talking during an NFL game are piling on with stupid.   The reason nothing was done was because Burfict didn't do anything illegal.  Big Rape crying about trash talk, that guy is the one that just needs to STFU.

Steelers came in here and raped the Bengals again in their own house.  To me that is the only thing that matters.  Burfect IMO was one of the few that had a good game.  Not by his standards, but considering he's not quite in game shape yet.

rayajr's Photo rayajr Today, 05:55 PM

bazooka, on 18 October 2018 - 09:33 AM, said:

Was just reading up on this. The Chargers have a great team. Great QB. Great rising star in Melvin Gordon.
What's the problem? Oh...I know what the problem is. Its California. They don't give a shit about football as much as they do about telling a kid with a penis that he's not really a boy.
The team should have stayed in San Diego where they have built a fan base since the early 1960s
San Diego is still in California.

Fucking, idiot.

WhenWeWereKings's Photo WhenWeWereKings Today, 06:52 PM

rayajr, on 18 October 2018 - 05:55 PM, said:

San Diego is still in California.

Fucking, idiot.
:lol: