←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Pacquiao Won't Ko Jmm, Says Floyd's Trainer

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 11 Sep 2011

Pacquiao won't KO JMM, says Floyd's trainer

abs-cbnNEWS.com

MANILA, Philippines – Floyd Mayweather’s trainer and uncle, Roger Mayweather, believes Manny Pacquiao won’t be able to knock out Juan Manuel Marquez.

Roger, who is preparing Floyd for the September 17 fight against Victor Ortiz, said that if Pacquiao could stop Marquez, he should have done that a long time ago.

“They fought two close fights the first time and I believe the fight will be close the third time. I can’t see him stopping Marquez,” Roger said in Examiner.com.

Pacquiao and Marquez figured in two controversial boxing matches.

In 2004, both fighters went home empty-handed with a controversial draw.

Four years later, Pacquiao edged Marquez with a split decision by a margin of 1 point.

Roger, however, admitted that he expects an epic clash between the two warriors on November 12.

“I can’t see nothing but another classic fight between the two and I don’t believe Marquez will get stopped,” he said.

el_terrible06's Photo el_terrible06 11 Sep 2011

well as good as juan manuel marquez is he'll get blasted.  and i hope it doesn't exacerbate the paranoia.

dillyyo's Photo dillyyo 11 Sep 2011

JMM, though a great fighter in my eyes, is very begrudging.  I'm going to go as far to say that if JMM does get knocked out there is going to be a sudden cloud of deeper suspicion on PED use.  I wouldn't be surprised to hear JMM allude to some time after the fight.  I'm really interested to hear what JMM has to say after this fight.

Gokuu's Photo Gokuu 11 Sep 2011

dillyyo, on 11 September 2011 - 02:14 PM, said:

JMM, though a great fighter in my eyes, is very begrudging.  I'm going to go as far to say that if JMM does get knocked out there is going to be a sudden cloud of deeper suspicion on PED use.  I wouldn't be surprised to hear JMM allude to some time after the fight.  I'm really interested to hear what JMM has to say after this fight.

Actually that crossed my mind, but to be honest I think JMM has more class than that to go that route for an excuse. He's training in the Phills, so if its something in the water he will have it too.... :D

Antonious's Photo Antonious 11 Sep 2011

Manny needs a ko to win without controversy, Jmm might really be the anti-pac.

napoleon336's Photo napoleon336 11 Sep 2011

dillyyo, on 11 September 2011 - 02:14 PM, said:

Me too.  If he loses.  JMM has a legit rivalry with Pacquiao.  And it's a great one.  Too bad this fight didn't happen immediately after their 2nd fight.

Antonious's Photo Antonious 11 Sep 2011

I think the pac ped suspicions will ease off a little if Jmm makes manny struggle again.

60425's Photo 60425 11 Sep 2011

manny will beat jmm but jmm will give him his most competitive fight since 08'