←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Canelo Alvarez Might Go To Prison For Assa...

Crow's Photo Crow 25 Oct 2011

Canelo Alvarez Attacks Archie Solis? Criminal Charges Loom

Several strong Mexican sources have advised BoxingScene.com that a physical altercation took place between WBC 154-pound champion Saul “Canelo” Alvarez, and Archie Solis, the IBF champion at 108-pounds.

The physical confrontation took place on ther street in Guadalajara, Mexico. Several sources indicate that Solis was confronted by Alvarez on the street, and some words were exchanged. According to Solis’ version of the story, Alvarez started attacking him.
Solis suffered a broken jaw and a broken tooth and he was taken to a local hospital, where the boxer is scheduled undergo surgery later tonight.

BoxingScene.com spoke to Solis’ promoter, Fernando Beltran of Zanfer Promotions, who confirmed the story. Beltran advised BoxingScene that criminal charges are going to be pursued against Alvarez – and a civil lawsuit will be pursued for damages. Solis was scheduled to fight in December, but his injuries will delay his return until 2012 at the earliest.

“Yes, it’s true and there will be criminal charges. It’s sad because Canelo is denying everything. Finally he fought a good fighter, except it took place in the street. I think Canelo went over to Archie because of something he said about him. The version we have is the version of Archie Solis. He said that Canelo came to him and said ‘I was looking for you **** and you ****.’ Then he pushed him. And then he started attacking him with punches. He broke his jaw and broke a tooth. He’s going to have surgery later tonight,” Beltran told BoxingScene.com.

“It’s sad because this sport has a lot of issues, and Canelo is a good prospect and a lot of people talk about him, and we don’t need this with a guy like him attacking a good little champion at 108. And by the way, it was a technical knockout because [Canelo] couldn’t drop [Solis]. Canelo is denying everything. I have the version of Archie Solis. Everyone, the Mexican press, is at the hospital with Archie.”

“We are going to put out the pictures of his jaw and there were four witnesses there. He’s going to proceed with a lawsuit because it’s not fair. He had a fight scheduled for December and now his year is over. Maybe it’s the end of his career?

Who knows if he can fight again? It’s sad that a champion at 154-pounds would do this to another champion at 108.”
Alvarez has already denied the allegations to several third-party sources.

http://caneloalvarez...l-charges-loom/

http://www.record.co...aberlo-golpeado

I dont like Canelo.
I wish Canelo had not ducked Alfredo Angulo, causew Angulo would've KO'd Canelo.

ender's Photo ender 25 Oct 2011

Crow, on 25 October 2011 - 08:09 PM, said:

I dont like Canelo.
I wish Canelo had not ducked Alfredo Angulo, causew Angulo would've KO'd Canelo.
He hasn't ducked Angulo. Dude has been inactive for a year and if he wins his next fight, a title shot at Canelo is not far behind.

The act is getting old, Crow.

ender, on 25 October 2011 - 08:12 PM, said:

He hasn't ducked Angulo. Dude has been inactive for a year and if he wins his next fight, a title shot at Canelo is not far behind.

The act is getting old, Crow.
when Canelo fought in Guadalajara, Angulo was there at ringside and challenged Canelo to fight him, but Canelo backed down.

Angulo has been challenging Canelo for almost a year, and Canelo ducked him, and continues to duck him.

Canelo fears Angulo.
Its the truth.

bazooka, on 25 October 2011 - 08:18 PM, said:

No need to read the articles you post.  All the info is in your thread titles.
I wished they allowed smileys/emiticons like they did in the past board, so that the thread title would be more entertaining for you.

Posted Image

:lol: :lol:

[url=

turbotime's Photo turbotime 25 Oct 2011

Crow, on 25 October 2011 - 08:23 PM, said:

I wished they allowed smileys/emiticons like they did in the past board, so that the thread title would be more entertaining for you.
:lol:

Chance's Photo Chance 25 Oct 2011

So any credence to the thread topic? Its a BScene article, which gives it a bit of credibility

Antonious's Photo Antonious 25 Oct 2011

alvarez boxing career will be fine. This is Mexico

rayajr's Photo rayajr 25 Oct 2011

Antonious, on 25 October 2011 - 08:57 PM, said:

alvarez boxing career will be fine. This is Mexico
Yup. There's about 9 million murders a month in Mexico. You think anyone's gonna give a fuk about a beatdown? Alvarez will probably have to pay a fine.

ojeda02's Photo ojeda02 25 Oct 2011

I guess this time Canelo didnt even want to wait for a small fighter to blow up to 154 to make him look like a beast!

USMC0311's Photo USMC0311 25 Oct 2011

It's being reported on fightnews.com with pictures of Solis and from what I gathered the Alvarez camp is saying it was Canelos brother who hit him. and that Soliz confronted Canelo because Canelo was getting fresh with Soliz' girl in the gym. Either way...WGARA. The most intriguing fight between padded prospects for me is Chavez Jr. and Canelo...Bill that fucker as battle of the matchmakers and the winner has to fight a guy who's 5-0.

Word out of Mexico is that it was in fact Canelo.

Crow, on 25 October 2011 - 08:16 PM, said:

when Canelo fought in Guadalajara, Angulo was there at ringside and challenged Canelo to fight him, but Canelo backed down.

Angulo has been challenging Canelo for almost a year, and Canelo ducked him, and continues to duck him.

Canelo fears Angulo.
Its the truth.
How can you challenge someone but not fight for well over a year? Angulo might be the better fighter but 1) He got outboxed by Cintron and 2) He has been inactive.

9secondko's Photo 9secondko 26 Oct 2011

Wow.

For some reason, I thought freckles was a better person.

Perhaps there is something to the rumors of him avoiding good fighters.

What does it say about someone who picks a fight with someone who is 50 lbs lighter than them?

The guy is barely over 100 lbs.

Hopefully the judge will sentence him to have to fight Sergio Martinez.  That way freckles can get his punishment and Sergio can have a fight.