←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

If Berto Blows Out Ortiz....

gogetter's Photo gogetter 30 Apr 2012

I am wondering what will happen with Berto if he beats Ortiz impressively. There are options out there for him. Pac, Floyd, Khan?

crakaveli's Photo crakaveli 30 Apr 2012

It would be a rubber match

Ten oz's Photo Ten oz 30 Apr 2012

gogetter, on 30 April 2012 - 01:25 PM, said:

I am wondering what will happen with Berto if he beats Ortiz impressively. There are options out there for him. Pac, Floyd, Khan?
FMJ will be looking to fight Pac, Martinez, and Canelo after Cotto
Pac will be looking to fight JMM, FMJ, and perhaps the Khan vs Peterson winner.

Ortiz and Berto have no chance of a mega welter weight fight. If Ortiz wins maybe he can move to 154lbs and fight Mosely, Cotto, or Canelo. Berto though has fewer options imo.

turbotime's Photo turbotime 30 Apr 2012

Probably a rubber match,

Doesn't matter though because Ortiz is gonna crush him again.

1hitrquitr's Photo 1hitrquitr 30 Apr 2012

Mayweather will claim he finished Ortiz.

malvern rida's Photo malvern rida 30 Apr 2012

These guys go together like peanutbutter and bananas... this 2nd fight is gonna be as good as the 1st.. both guys get hit and both have power and dont have defense.. we could see these two fight 3 or 4 bouts..

Super Sultan Berto's Photo Super Sultan Berto 30 Apr 2012

I've been thinking the possibility of berto moving up and taking on alvarez if he wins. if berto loses and cotto loses, i wouldn't mind seeing both of them going at it in the garden.

PeterBent's Photo PeterBent 30 Apr 2012

should be a good fight, but won't matter.....berto is not an elite fighter...a very good one but not elite....if berto wins, he fights pac for another "tough fight".....i just want to see more of froch's girl Rachel....hot classy babe, you heard it here first........

9secondko's Photo 9secondko 30 Apr 2012

1hitrquitr, on 30 April 2012 - 03:04 PM, said:

Mayweather will claim he finished Ortiz.

Maidana beat him to it.  Lol

So what's bertos excuse?...

jermaine's Photo jermaine 01 May 2012

turbotime, on 30 April 2012 - 02:01 PM, said:

Probably a rubber match,

Doesn't matter though because Ortiz is gonna crush him again.
agreed

Knackers's Photo Knackers 01 May 2012

I like Berto in the rematch. Don't underestimate how much the Mayweather loss took out of Ortiz both mentally and physically. I think that will be the difference in this fight.

crakaveli's Photo crakaveli 01 May 2012

Knackers, on 01 May 2012 - 11:43 AM, said:

I like Berto in the rematch. Don't underestimate how much the Mayweather loss took out of Ortiz both mentally and physically. I think that will be the difference in this fight.

i like berto in the rematch but not because of the mayweather fight, just becasue i think berto was expecting 140 ortiz and wasnt prepared for 147 ortiz, i think that and because he wont feel the pressure of an undefeated fighter, he will come good for a UD or late stoppage

CapoScarfo's Photo CapoScarfo 01 May 2012

This is almost Gatti vs Ward potential. If Berto can win, Part III ASAP plz! Berto is like Ortiz, they are both on that B level when compared to FLoyd skills. But Berto & Ortiz style types, make best insane fights on the planet when they collide. I can't wait for this one to start already!