←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

How Many Buys For Cotto - Mayweather?

Poll: How Many Buys For Cotto - Mayweather? (116 member(s) have cast votes)

How many buys?

1. Less than a Million (16 votes [13.79%])

Percentage of vote: 13.79%

2. 1 million - 1.3 million (29 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

3. 1.3 million - 1.5 million (36 votes [31.03%])

Percentage of vote: 31.03%

4. More than 1.5 million (35 votes [30.17%])

Percentage of vote: 30.17%

Vote Guests cannot vote

turbotime's Photo turbotime 30 Apr 2012

at $59.99 I think it's a bit ridiculous, if it was the regular 45-50 bucks I'd have went with a solid 1.5 million buys but I'm going to go with around 1.3 million buys.

Ten oz's Photo Ten oz 30 Apr 2012

May 5th with Canelo vs Mosely on the undercard, i am saying it does 1.5 million. This is a great card on a huge figt weekend. To be honest I could even see it hitting 1.7 million.

gogetter's Photo gogetter 30 Apr 2012

turbotime, on 30 April 2012 - 01:56 PM, said:

at $59.99 I think it's a bit ridiculous, if it was the regular 45-50 bucks I'd have went with a solid 1.5 million buys but I'm going to go with around 1.3 million buys.

It's $69.99 is you want to see it in HD. I say it does around 1.2 million buys.

1hitrquitr's Photo 1hitrquitr 30 Apr 2012

Ten oz, on 30 April 2012 - 02:02 PM, said:

May 5th with Canelo vs Mosely on the undercard, i am saying it does 1.5 million. This is a great card on a huge figt weekend. To be honest I could even see it hitting 1.7 million.

This is not a great card by any means.  Please guys stop saying that.  Mayweather/Cotto is a good fight, but that's where it stops.  Canelo fighting Mosley is not co-feature material.  It's a damn shame.  If Canelo really wants to prove he deserves a shot at Mayweather, he should not be fighting a top contender, not simply a name.  MOLDsley doesn't deserve to be in the spot light especially after he's last two performances.  

It's really fustrating that this type of rip off is acceptable, much less the quality has been watered down so badly that it gets to the point where if there are simply 4 recognizable names it's a "great card".

1hitrquitr's Photo 1hitrquitr 30 Apr 2012

Does anyone know how much Canelo gets for this fight?  Co-feature, has a large Mexican fan-base.  Does he get a flat rate or does he get a cut from the PPV's too?

Dilly's Photo Dilly 30 Apr 2012

I think at least 1.4 million buys. I know about 5 different people throwing parties for the fight and that never happens.

9secondko's Photo 9secondko 30 Apr 2012

Every Floyd fan in the world is buying this fight.

So is every Cotto fan.

May approach 2 mil.

dillyyo's Photo dillyyo 01 May 2012

1.7 or maybe higher.  Boricuas are itching to find a new or retreaded hero ever since JunaMa got exposed.  Floyd fans know it's near the end and all of them are likely buying.  Then you have the haters who will spout how they won't buy the fight, yet will somehow seemingly make their way to some bar or party, etc where it's being shown.

9secondko's Photo 9secondko 01 May 2012

dillyyo, on 01 May 2012 - 12:16 AM, said:

1.7 or maybe higher.  Boricuas are itching to find a new or retreaded hero ever since JunaMa got exposed.  Floyd fans know it's near the end and all of them are likely buying.  Then you have the haters who will spout how they won't buy the fight, yet will somehow seemingly make their way to some bar or party, etc where it's being shown.

True. It doesn't matter who you favor in the sport. A great fighter is a great fighter. No matter the opponent. We all like to witness great fighters in the ring.

Floyd fans know this is going to look good for Floyd. So they want to buy it. Cotto fans want to hope for a resurrection to happen and they'll buy. Abd then neutral boxing fans want to see one of boxings "Michael Jordons" in action.  

The casual fans also will buy because they see Floyd in the media often.

The fight won't be much. But I'm guessing it will sell very well.

dillyyo's Photo dillyyo 01 May 2012

9secondko, on 01 May 2012 - 12:23 AM, said:

True. It doesn't matter who you favor in the sport. A great fighter is a great fighter. No matter the opponent. We all like to witness great fighters in the ring.

Floyd fans know this is going to look good for Floyd. So they want to buy it. Cotto fans want to hope for a resurrection to happen and they'll buy. Abd then neutral boxing fans want to see one of boxings "Michael Jordons" in action.  

The casual fans also will buy because they see Floyd in the media often.

The fight won't be much. But I'm guessing it will sell very well.

I don't think many factor in the "aww" aspect of Floyd the fighter.  Many people like to see the Gatti like beat downs when it comes at the hands of a great fighter; any great fighter.  Of course we like to see them tested to their fullest capabilities because that's what usually brings out the true brillance in their game, but they probably wouldn't be so great if they were seriously challenged by so many.  Whether they are a good or bad opponent, I just want to see fighters step on Floyds tail because that's when we get the old Floyd back.

Antonious's Photo Antonious 01 May 2012

I won't be surprised if floyds star power loses some steam due to the ortiz stunt.

SuperiorKnowledge's Photo SuperiorKnowledge 01 May 2012

Antonious, on 01 May 2012 - 01:16 AM, said:

I won't be surprised if floyds star power loses some steam due to the ortiz stunt.

If anything, it made him more famous.

moneymaywhat?'s Photo moneymaywhat? 01 May 2012

1hitrquitr, on 30 April 2012 - 02:49 PM, said:

This is not a great card by any means.  Please guys stop saying that.  Mayweather/Cotto is a good fight, but that's where it stops.  Canelo fighting Mosley is not co-feature material.  It's a damn shame.  If Canelo really wants to prove he deserves a shot at Mayweather, he should not be fighting a top contender, not simply a name.  MOLDsley doesn't deserve to be in the spot light especially after he's last two performances.  

It's really fustrating that this type of rip off is acceptable, much less the quality has been watered down so badly that it gets to the point where if there are simply 4 recognizable names it's a "great card".

Not for nothing but Mosley looks motivated and when he motivated fighters get destroyed ala Margarito

Danko's Photo Danko 01 May 2012

dillyyo, on 01 May 2012 - 12:16 AM, said:

M ost of the PR's that I work with are calling this fight a mismatch and think Cotto is done.

SuperiorKnowledge's Photo SuperiorKnowledge 01 May 2012

moneymaywhat?, on 01 May 2012 - 09:57 AM, said:

Not for nothing but Mosley looks motivated and when he motivated fighters get destroyed ala Margarito

moneymaywhat?, on 01 May 2012 - 09:57 AM, said:

He wasn't motivated for Floyd?