←  U.K. B0XING

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Ricky Hatton Attacked... By His Dad! C...

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 14 Sep 2012

Ricky Hatton attacked... by his dad!

Arrest over car park bust-up

Posted Image
'Disagreement' ... dad Ray and boxer Ricky Hatton

Exclusive
By ANDREW CHAMBERLAIN, Sun UK

FORMER boxing champ Ricky Hatton’s dad was arrested for attacking his SON following a bust-up in a gym car park.

Hatton, 33, had to protect himself after dad Ray, 61, attacked him during a heated row.

Hatton Snr went for the boxer — nicknamed The Hitman — after confronting him. It is believed they argued about Ricky’s decision to fight again and issues over his previous lifestyle.

Shocked bystanders looked on outside Ricky’s gym in Hyde, Greater Manchester, on Thursday morning.

A witness said: “Ricky and his dad haven’t really talked for two years. Ray isn’t happy about Ricky’s lifestyle. Ray had gone to confront his son. There was a dispute in the car park seen by quite a few people. Ray took a swipe at him.”

Cops were called and arrested Hatton Snr, 61, on suspicion of assault. He was taken to a police station and cautioned then released.

Last night a pal of Ricky said he wanted to press charges. Ray, who lives with Ricky’s mum Carol in Hyde, refused to comment. Ricky’s agent did not respond to requests for comment.

Yesterday Hatton announced he was coming out of retirement, saying: “I want British boxing to be proud of me again.” Earlier this week Ray said: “Me and my wife have our feelings about it.”

- ACTOR Burt Reynolds has revealed his father once punched him so hard he blacked out. The 76-year-old said: “It was for cussing my mother.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co...l#ixzz26UMulDCC

DG.'s Photo DG. 14 Sep 2012

Pair of chavs

DG., on 14 September 2012 - 06:26 PM, said:

Pair of chavs

Why add the Burt Reynolds part at the bottom?

Knackers's Photo Knackers 14 Sep 2012

I like the Burt Reynolds bit.

Knackers, on 14 September 2012 - 07:04 PM, said:

I like the Burt Reynolds bit.

LOL, up until that point, it was a boring read.

Smelodies's Photo Smelodies 14 Sep 2012

I understand Burt's father's knuckles were treated for mustache burn.

Knackers's Photo Knackers 15 Sep 2012

Smelodies, on 14 September 2012 - 07:39 PM, said:

I understand Burt's father's knuckles were treated for mustache burn.
Well played. Reynolds old man vs Hattons old man, who wins and why (both in their middle-aged prime of course)

DG.'s Photo DG. 15 Sep 2012

Glax0r, on 14 September 2012 - 06:51 PM, said:

Why add the Burt Reynolds part at the bottom?

Its the British Chav press. Only dumb pigs read The Sun. Nothing has to make sense!
:lol:

Manchester Hitman's Photo Manchester Hitman 15 Sep 2012

Good to see Ray 'the carpet fitter' Hatton showing some fighting spirit...it's all abit sad really...this comeback is starting to really worry me in all honesty but oh well.

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 15 Sep 2012

Manchester Hitman, on 15 September 2012 - 03:57 AM, said:

Good to see Ray 'the carpet fitter' Hatton showing some fighting spirit...it's all abit sad really...this comeback is starting to really worry me in all honesty but oh well.

Yeah, the signs aren't looking good.  not when your dad reportedly takes a swing at ya.

ROCKYMARSHMELLOW's Photo ROCKYMARSHMELLOW 15 Sep 2012

Ray's a greedy little fucker, he would of caught wind of the comeback and wanted in on the action, Hatton probably told him to do one.

Manchester Hitman's Photo Manchester Hitman 15 Sep 2012

Yep, the CEO of 'punch promotions' was probably pissed he's not In control of the ticket sales- I was looking forward to another fax machine ballot.

hitman_hatton1's Photo hitman_hatton1 15 Sep 2012

didn't know about the splits.

ffs. :rolleyes:

Knackers's Photo Knackers 15 Sep 2012

Hatton needs to grow a Burt Reynolds mustache.
Dunno why, but he just should.

stevieb_8006's Photo stevieb_8006 15 Sep 2012

is ray the comeback opponent? I'd forgive ray or james bowers, but not Matt. that would be too much of a soft touch.