←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Michael Koncz: Floyd Mayweather Doesn’t Wa...

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 27 Sep 2012

Michael Koncz: Floyd Mayweather doesn’t want to fight Manny Pacquiao
September 27th, 2012 by Imran Shaukat Khan, newspakistan.pk

Michael Koncz, the advisor of eight-division world champion Manny Pacquiao, believes the undefeated American legend Floyd Mayweather doesn’t want to fight his man and is simply making excuses in front of the media.

Mayweather, the WBC Welterweight Champion, WBA (Super) Light Middleweight Champion and recipient of the WBC Diamond belt, doesn’t want to give 50-50 split to the Filipino boxing icon as he thinks he is the biggest draw in the sport. However, Koncz has informed BoxingScene.com that Pacquiao is willing to take less money in order to finalize the super-fight.

According to Koncz, Pacquiao is willing to accept 55-45 split in favour of Mayweather and he is also willing for a random drug testing protocol. Koncz said Pacquiao is willing to allow Mayweather to receive top billing in their promotion (posters, ring walks, etc) as well.

“Manny is of the position now he don’t care. If that’s what its going to take to get Floyd in the ring – he would do 55-45 regardless of who wins,” Koncz told Boxing Scene.

Mayweather’s adviser, Leonard Ellerbe, not too long stated that Pacquiao is no one to dictate terms to Mayweather and based on Ellerbe’s recent response, and other factors, Koncz feels the American pugilist is simply not interested to take on Pac-Man.

“I don’t think Floyd wants to fight Manny to be honest with you. I’m not criticizing him one way or the other, whether he should or shouldn’t. My opinion is – I don’t believe he wants to get in the ring with Manny,” Koncz said.

“I don’t believe it’s going to happen. And the the longer it takes to happen it loses some luster with each week that passes by.”

Manny Pacquiao is currently set to take on Juan Manuel Marquez for the fourth time on December 8 at the MGM Grand Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Well, all said and done, let’s wait and watch how Mayweather responds to the situation.

Smelodies's Photo Smelodies 27 Sep 2012

I have to agree with Floyd fans who say all this shit is to sell Manny vs Marquez 4. Manny has a mountain to climb in December, and looking bad again will be a serious blow to his status. If you knock out Marquez, yes then it would be cool, but all this Floyd talk now is weak.

Rocket Pop's Photo Rocket Pop 27 Sep 2012

It's not to sell Marquez. This isn't some new phenomenon. It's all anybody has talked about for years!

rayajr's Photo rayajr 27 Sep 2012

Rocket Pop, on 27 September 2012 - 09:25 AM, said:

It's not to sell Marquez. This isn't some new phenomenon. It's all anybody has talked about for years!
I don't know man. A couple of weeks ago Pac and Floyd were without an opponenent and we heard nothing. Now Pac is signed with JMM and NOW all this talk comes out?

This willingness to take 45% is new. If you knew about it before you could have broke the story.

I hope for the Faceoff they don't ask JMM only one question, Who would win between Manny and Floyd? :D

bazooka, on 27 September 2012 - 10:21 AM, said:

they already asked that on First Take.  JMM picked Floyd.
I saw it. I mean he's getting pushed into the background of his own fight.

Danko's Photo Danko 27 Sep 2012

Both guys are over the hill now so they will have to fight eventually or risk getting whipped by one of the younger guys like Bradley already did to manny.I personally hope that this fight never comes off and these two just retire because they have nothing left to offer the sport. At this point they are just stealing money.

I won't pay 75 bucks for the fight. That ship has already sailed.

Undisputed's Photo Undisputed 27 Sep 2012

Feel foolish even posting in this thread...but...

Posted Image

Nearly 2013 and we have competing articles about Ellerbe and Koncz. :danielrollinafatty:

lefty lou's Photo lefty lou 27 Sep 2012

not a floyd groupie or a MANEy gropie....

but i think this article is bs....MANEy was with out a dance partner and all this was going around bout who it would be....and all the reports coming from arum about when he spoke to MANEy never did greasy bob say MANEy mentioned Money....its BS on both sides...Money wanting the lions share and the drug test...MANEy for calling him out now that he is signed to fight JMM...if MANEy wanted Money so bad he should have been on every radio show every tv station and every newspaper shout I WANT FLOYD...

i think its BS that he goes on 1st FAKE and spews out he wants Money and that Money is scared...

for fvcks sake it you both dont want the fight then come out and say it....but tell your puppet michael cuntz to stfu!

bazooka, on 27 September 2012 - 10:03 AM, said:

Manny and JMM have been on a press tour, promoting the fight.   You think he isn't asked by every media source about it?
You miss the point again. Assuming Pac is truly willing to take 45% and any tests, why not put the pressure on Floyd 3 weeks ago?  A simple, "Floyd lets fight. I'll take 45% and any tests", would have been perfect. I understand they're asking him about it, I'm questioning the truth in his answers. The fact that Koncz attempted to correct Pac, then had to reverse gears the next day tells me Pac went off the cuff, meaning no agreement to take 45 was ever made by team Pac, so I'm calling BS.  

You're either a troll or very very stupid on this subject.

lefty lou's Photo lefty lou 27 Sep 2012

rayajr, on 27 September 2012 - 12:07 PM, said:

You miss the point again. Assuming Pac is truly willing to take 45% and any tests, why not put the pressure on Floyd 3 weeks ago?  A simple, "Floyd lets fight. I'll take 45% and any tests", would have been perfect. I understand they're asking him about it, I'm questioning the truth in his answers. The fact that Koncz attempted to correct Pac, then had to reverse gears the next day tells me Pac went off the cuff, meaning no agreement to take 45 was ever made by team Pac, so I'm calling BS.  

You're either a troll or very very stupid on this subject.

thats what i just said...thanks for biting my post

lefty lou, on 27 September 2012 - 12:23 PM, said:

thats what i just said...thanks for biting my post
I didnt even read your post.

bazooka, on 27 September 2012 - 12:17 PM, said:

donkey fucker can't help but get asshurt at all of my posts.   seems that you're the troll, donkey fucker.
You're insane. Too much tv probably.