←  U.K. B0XING

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Amir Khan Will Fight Unbeaten Carlos Molin...

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 29 Sep 2012

Amir Khan will fight unbeaten Carlos Molina in December

BBC

Amir Khan has announced that his next fight will be against the unbeaten Carlos Molina in December.

The Bolton boxer has lost his last two fights, to Danny Garcia in July and Lamont Peterson last December.

Khan has also confirmed that his new trainer will be the American Virgil Hunter, following his recent split from Freddie Roach.

The former WBA and IBF world light-welterweight champion had been linked with a rematch with Paul McCloskey.

Molina, a 25-year-old American, is undefeated in 18 professional bouts, winning 17 and drawing one. In June he beat Marcos Leonardo Jimenez on points to take the WBO Inter-Continental lightweight title.

"He's a tricky fighter who possesses a lot of natural speed," said Khan. "I always want to face hungry young fighters and in Molina I'm up against a guy who has ambitions of world title success."

American boxing writers named Hunter as trainer of the year for 2011 after he guided Andre Ward to two world super-middleweight title belts, including victory over Britain's Carl Froch.

"Everyone in boxing knows about his skills and the success he has enjoyed over the last few years," added Khan.

"I'm looking forward to the start of my training camp and working on some new things with him. With Virgil in my corner, I know that I can get back to the very top of the light-welterweight division."

Khan will face Molina in the United States on a date yet to be decided.

BoxingFan's Photo BoxingFan 29 Sep 2012

Khan always seems to fight in December, don't he?  Probably trying to fit stuff in round Ramanadan.

scarecrow's Photo scarecrow 29 Sep 2012

Fighting a lightweight --- why not someone his own size?

SIMENEWT's Photo SIMENEWT 29 Sep 2012

scarecrow, on 29 September 2012 - 08:29 AM, said:

He doesn't want to take a punch from anyone his own size. Can't say I blame him. Worst punch resistance on a top level fighter I have ever seen

crakaveli's Photo crakaveli 29 Sep 2012

scarecrow, on 29 September 2012 - 08:29 AM, said:

He's decided to take the flloyd approach in his quest to become p4p king

BoxingFan's Photo BoxingFan 29 Sep 2012

Notice it's in the US, as nobody in Britain will pay to see him. :lol:

hitman_hatton1's Photo hitman_hatton1 29 Sep 2012

looks a gimme.

http://boxrec.com/li...94398&cat=boxer

although with that chin of amir's u never know. :rolleyes:

stevieb_8006's Photo stevieb_8006 29 Sep 2012

im not convinced him and hunter will gel.

crakaveli's Photo crakaveli 29 Sep 2012

BoxingFan, on 29 September 2012 - 12:35 PM, said:

Notice it's in the US, as nobody in Britain will pay to see him. :lol:

If he keeps getting knocked out they might :D