←  U.K. B0XING

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Ricky Hatton’s Suicide Trauma

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 29 Sep 2012

Hatton’s suicide trauma
By PAT SHEEHAN
Published: 28th September 2012

RICKY HATTON has revealed he went to bed with a knife planning to commit suicide during his darkest days.

The Hitman, 33, returns to Manchester Arena on November 24 when he boxes former WBA welterweight champion Vyacheslav Senchenko over 10 rounds.

Since his devastating second-round defeat to Manny Pacquiao in May 2009, Hatton has battled depression, drink and drug problems but lived to tell the tale.

Dad-of-two Hatton said: “I was suicidal and very depressed but I didn’t take the full jump.

“People say they are going to kill themselves and don’t go through with it, then one day they do. Thankfully, I didn’t get to that stage.

“I was waking up in the morning with a knife in my bed. My fiancee Jennifer would come downstairs. I’d be on the sofa with a knife on the floor.

“I never had the courage to go through with it.”

Ukrainian Senchenko lost his world title back in April when Hatton-victim Paulie Malignaggi stopped him in nine rounds.

That is the 35-year-old’s only defeat in 33 professional contests and is a tough comeback opponent for the Manchester idol after a 3½-year lay-off.

Hatton insists beating the man ranked No 5 by the WBA will land him scraps against Amir Khan and Kell Brook, who have stated their willingness to meet the star.

Hatton, beaten just twice in 47 fights, added: “I’m glad Amir and Kell have mentioned me as I am coming for them.

"I am not going to disrespect Kell or Amir by calling them out now — let's just wait and see how my first fight back goes.

"Let me just prove to people what I can do. Kell and Amir are for the future.

"As I started feeling better, I was sat on the couch watching Amir and Kell who have done boxing proud.

"I started thinking 'I wouldn't mind a go at those two'. They are part of the reason why I am back.”

DG.'s Photo DG. 29 Sep 2012

I think Hatton is too fragile, mentally, to be a fighter.

Its terrible to lose a fight, but your son will be able t read all this stuff, he won;t feel great. Get therapy, and keep this stuff private.

hitman_hatton1's Photo hitman_hatton1 29 Sep 2012

DG., on 29 September 2012 - 01:26 PM, said:

I think Hatton is too fragile, mentally, to be a fighter.

nonsense.

DG.'s Photo DG. 29 Sep 2012

hitman_hatton1, on 29 September 2012 - 01:29 PM, said:

nonsense.

Knocked out by Pacman = thoughts of suicide? No, I am wrong, he is mentally as tough as they come.

It's normal for a fighter to be down when you lose and retire, but thoughts of suicide?

The guys has(had?) Millions onthe bank, a son and an ok GF, whats his issue?

He is mentally fragile, he admitted to crying for months after losing to Floyd.

He does not deal with adversity too well. Put your gay love to one side, and you will see it.

hitman_hatton1's Photo hitman_hatton1 29 Sep 2012

he's had some issues.

but to call him mentally fragile is bull.

it doesn't effect the way he fights.

he always comes in tip top shape.

the legend is back. :walk:

Menty's Photo Menty 30 Sep 2012

Shitters will need to be put on suicide watch when Hatton's comeback (inevitably) goes pear shaped.

DG.'s Photo DG. 30 Sep 2012

Menty, on 30 September 2012 - 12:23 AM, said:

Shitters will need to be put on suicide watch when Hatton's comeback (inevitably) goes pear shaped.
. Lol

hitman_hatton1's Photo hitman_hatton1 30 Sep 2012

he puts pressure on guys non stop.

how can he be mentally fragile.

how can it effect his performance u c*nt. :D

it's all about redemption bitch. :moon:

Menty's Photo Menty 30 Sep 2012

Its all going to end in tears.....

SIMENEWT's Photo SIMENEWT 30 Sep 2012

Who's training Hatton in his comeback?

hitman_hatton1's Photo hitman_hatton1 30 Sep 2012

SIMENEWT, on 30 September 2012 - 06:13 AM, said:

Who's training Hatton in his comeback?

bob shannon.

:D

BoxingFan's Photo BoxingFan 30 Sep 2012

This fight only over 10 rounds, hey?   I didn't realise.

Yes, that's what I've taken from this article.

SIMENEWT's Photo SIMENEWT 30 Sep 2012

BoxingFan, on 30 September 2012 - 07:14 AM, said:

This fight only over 10 rounds, hey?   I didn't realise.

Yes, that's what I've taken from this article.

Wise move by Hatton. Wouldn't fancy him going straight for 12. 10 will more than likely be a struggle

BoxingFan's Photo BoxingFan 30 Sep 2012

SIMENEWT, on 30 September 2012 - 07:26 AM, said:

Wise move by Hatton. Wouldn't fancy him going straight for 12. 10 will more than likely be a struggle

Yes, I see that it makes sense. But considering him making a comeback, moving up a weight and fighting somebody half-good doesn't make sense, it hadn't even occured to me he might use brain power for any of these decisions.

DG.'s Photo DG. 30 Sep 2012

hitman_hatton1, on 30 September 2012 - 04:28 AM, said:

he puts pressure on guys non stop.

how can he be mentally fragile.

how can it effect his performance u c*nt. :D

it's all about redemption bitch. :moon:

And when he loses he.

1) Cries - literally - for months.PBF
2) Is suicidal. Pacman

Yep - he is mentally too strong, he deals with adversity in a stoical manner.